• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I just can't...

Started by dalebert, November 26, 2014, 02:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

I can't take any more. Someone needs to either change the caller ID on this damn thing or just get rid of the fucking phone. I'm not even going to listen.

Jim Johnson

Free libertarian

It's okay.     Saint Lloyd works in mysterious ways.

MaineShark

Unfortunately, the ID that is displayed is what's contained in your provider's database.  In theory, the providers are supposed to update their databases frequently.  In practice, they often do not.  So, even if someone changes the info with their phone company, there's no guarantee those changes will propagate promptly to all others.  When I got my current business number, certain folks whom I called were still getting an incorrectly-displayed name for half a year.

So, in this case, the issue could be that no one changed the info that's attached to that number.  Or it could also be that they did, but the database that is used by P411 has not been updated.

Pat K

Lloyd would find it funny, ya know in a curmudgeon way.

Becky Thatcher

I like that Lloyd's name comes up on the phone.  It's kind of nice in a weird way.  Makes me think of him.   And like Pat said, I think he would find it amusing in a totally curmudgeon-like way.

Tom Sawyer

Totally appropriate to remember one of the original Pilgrims on this Day of Thanks, praise Lloyd and pass the cranberry sauce.

Hey Dale, there goes your Horror movie story idea. A cell phone call from beyond the grave.

Saint Lloyd, Burner of Flags

dalebert

You guys are probably right. Lloyd would approve. But it freaks me out a little every time.

Pat K

Thanks for Posting the pic and Happy Birthday to my brother from another mother
That I never wanted.

Russell Kanning

I love that picture even though my hat takes off a dozen IQ points.
It was Ridley's idea first, but Lloyd was probably the biggest reason that event even happened and kept going for so long. :)