• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

More lack of discernment in the Keene movement

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 29, 2014, 12:39 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

SEAL Check Please,  SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

QuoteI haven't been on here in a while, but recently had some interactions with a guy from Keene, N.H. working with a group called Cop Block claiming he graduated from the Naval Academy, is a retired LT CMDR, and a former SEAL and member of SEAL Team 8.

He is going by both Johnathan Philpiano and Johnathan Phillips. He also uses the pseudonym Centurian ManThatIsFree. You can find his Facebook pages and claims and pictures of his sweet uniform there. Also the copblock.org site is littered with is claims.

When I met him he was in blue digis with some ate up unsat name tapes and patches all over him.

I have links to all kinds of images and videos of him.

He looks like a fool to me, and he's using his purported service to gain legitimacy among anarchists and volunteerists in several different fringe activist organizations.

I'm almost 100% on this, but Ill eat crow if I'm wrong.

dalebert

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 01, 2015, 08:39 PM NHFT
So the number of views or any metric of audience size trumps everything else. Thanks for acknowledging it.
Maybe Chris could hit you across the back with a chair when the referee isn't looking, that should whip up the crowd.  ;D

That guy who shot a bullet through his own scrotum got a ton of hits. I bet Free Keene could top that if they'd just step up their game.

Tom Sawyer

;D

Where is a good scrotum shooter when you need one.  ;D

Tom Sawyer

OK. I did some more research, because I was almost convinced that I was wrongly accusing someone. Made me feel foolish and that perhaps I was causing trouble. But, a niggling sense kept bothering me.

See I've know some pathological liars. They will keep denying long past the point most people will be embarrassed and admit they've been caught. In fact they often go on the offensive.

A guy I knew in High School decided to join the Marines the same time me and some other guys were going in. He couldn't wait to graduate, like the rest of us, and dropped out and went in right away. Well like 2 weeks later, we heard that James was back in town. He seemed to be avoiding us. And when we finally saw him he had this cock and bull story about being so advanced that they sent him home to await special advanced combat training. The thing was he used all the wrong terminology and it was such an obvious lie. In fact his parents were telling people they were trying to hide him from us because we would "beat him up." If anything we pitied him... especially when the recruiter found out the problem was that every time the Drill Instructors yelled at him he threw up. The ironic thing was he later became the Chief of Police for a neighboring small town.

Socially it is very awkward to deal with a pathological liar. Most people don't want to deal with it and I've seen it allowed to continue until bad outcomes happened. Afterwards many will tell what they knew but were reluctant to say.

Fraud is a violation of the NAP isn't it? The one principle that is supposed to be held high within the libertarian world. How would our side react if we caught a public official making fraudulent claims? I think ourside should hold ourselves to a higher standard than we hold our opposition.

Anyway... the post on the Special Operations Community Network forum above was from a guy in Columbus Ohio. I was wondering how he would know this guy from Keene, NH. Well I found a Cop Block Ohio video from one month before that featured JP or whatever name he wants to go by in Columbus Ohio. I wanted to determine some connection that would have allowed this guy to have met JP.

Here is a side by side to compare the fake SEAL on the left to JP on the right.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 05, 2015, 11:26 PM NHFT
;D

Where is a good scrotum shooter when you need one.  ;D

That took balls to say.  Were you "half in the bag" ? ;D

KBCraig

dalebert

Why can't you choose forgiveness, Tom? (Except with meter maids)

Tom Sawyer

;D 8)

If you invite a skunk to your party you shouldn't be pissed that he stinks the place up.

Becky was supposed to post her thoughts on the subject but alas I will paraphrase for her.
The idea that,"My enemy's enemy is my friend" has lead to some of the worst shit in history.

Hypocrisy is one sin I have a real hard time with.

What can be done about it. Well, I guess we are left to speaking out against it. I've decided to do it in the least damaging way, here among the hardcore small group left. Others that have social capital can help protect others and the movement at large

John

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 06, 2015, 03:40 PM NHFT
;D 8)

Becky was supposed to post her thoughts on the subject but alas I will paraphrase for her.
The idea that,"My enemy's enemy is my friend" has lead to some of the worst shit in history.

Yup.

FTL_Ian

No one ever denied that was JP in the picture. How does you having a picture of him at some event mean he committed fraud?  Just because some guy on the internet posts his picture and makes claims doesn't make that true.  Is that the outfit of a SEAL or something?

KBCraig

Quote from: FTL_Ian on January 07, 2015, 10:51 AM NHFT
No one ever denied that was JP in the picture. How does you having a picture of him at some event mean he committed fraud?  Just because some guy on the internet posts his picture and makes claims doesn't make that true.  Is that the outfit of a SEAL or something?

And now you've dived head-long into Legaland-speak.

FTL_Ian

Can you please explain that comment?  I was not using legalese. 

Tom Sawyer

Lieutenant Commander is the insignia on his collar. Navy SEAL is the Trident on his chest, lots of ribbons which represent medals awarded...

He claimed it was some other guy according to you. I posted his picture side by side to the fraudulent SEAL photo so people could determine if it is the same guy. I posted the video to show that he was in Columbus Ohio where the person who made the claim lives.
In the post I linked to the guy saying he claimed to be all that and an Annapolis graduate.  ;D ;D ;D

So lie upon lie and continued to lie about it.

I leave it to others to determine if you are purposely being thick or perhaps worse.

Tom Sawyer

When cornered the pathological liar can sometimes turn and go on the offensive.
So far I am aware of three people that JP has threatened to sue.

KBCraig

This is only vaguely related, but at the same time it's essential to this discussion: who do we trust, and when do we apply discernment and insist on facts?

http://blog.skepticallibertarian.com/2012/06/29/why-we-oppose-conspiracy-theories/