• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

More lack of discernment in the Keene movement

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 29, 2014, 12:39 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

If seeing some of the internal drama and conflict in Keene would help paint a more accurate picture for you, Maineshark, I can get you into a facebook group that has a good share of it.  You'll see pretty clearly that people in Keene are discerning all the time on various matters!     :glasses1:

MaineShark

Quote from: FTL_Ian on February 13, 2015, 03:42 PM NHFT
Quote from: MaineShark on February 12, 2015, 09:28 AM NHFTBut that's not how it appears.  The appearance is that there is unabashed support.  It appears that you're telling everyone outside a particular geopolitical entity that these folks are great - that the ladders are all perfect.
Why does it appear that way to you?  What can you point to that is painting such a picture?  Is it because of a lack of drama?  Usually people consider that a good thing.

Lack of drama is a good thing.  But it does not appear that there is a lack of drama.  It appears that there is an overabundance of drama.

Of course, "this guy has some issues, and here's how he's working to better himself so they will be less of a problem" is not drama.  It's support for betterment, and a warning about the potential problems (which, in turn, avoids drama by helping others to avoid getting mired in his problems), all in one.

As I said earlier, it's no an issue of shunning/excluding folks and causing drama; it's just an issue of not having the appearance of whitewashing folks' flaws.  "I have these concerns about this guy, but here's some great activism he does that makes me think he's worth having around" at least shows that you thought about the individual as a whole person, not just an activist, looked at the pros and cons, and decided that the individual's activism was worth whatever difficulties he might also pose.  When it's just a blanket endorsement of someone as a super-activist, the appearance is that you didn't bother to consider anything else about that individual.

Quote from: FTL_Ian on February 13, 2015, 03:52 PM NHFTThe community that matters most to me is the Keene-area community.  Less-so, the rest of NH, less-than-that, the rest of the world.  People are going to have all kinds of uninformed opinions about the activism and activists here.  That's part-and-parcel with being on-the-map with our activism here.

So, to answer your question, if someone's not involved in Keene and doesn't care enough to get involved, then my concern for their critique is very small.  I'm only spending so much time on this thread because I respect many of the people here - they've earned that respect by being solid activists in the past.

Interesting.  I guess many of us care less about State-defined geopolitical boundaries than that.

Quote from: FTL_Ian on February 13, 2015, 03:55 PM NHFTIf seeing some of the internal drama and conflict in Keene would help paint a more accurate picture for you, Maineshark, I can get you into a facebook group that has a good share of it.  You'll see pretty clearly that people in Keene are discerning all the time on various matters!     :glasses1:

I don't do FB.  And I avoid drama and conflict, when possible.  So that does not hold much interest for me.  Lack of discernment seems to be an issue for a lot of folks in the Keene area, though.  Even the anti-liberty folks would do better if they discerned a bit more; their lack of discernment is even more extreme than anything you've been accused of (so far as I know, no one with whom you've chosen to associate has hospitalized anyone, for just example).

FTL_Ian

Thanks for clearing up where you're coming from.  Though, where is the alleged whitewashing?  I've made it clear all along that JP has had issues.  Everyone knows Cantwell has issues with people.

dalebert

Quote from: FTL_Ian on February 15, 2015, 02:28 PM NHFT
I've made it clear all along that JP has had issues.

No one bothered to tell me he threatened to sue the KAC over membership rejection. That one fact would have saved me a LOT of trouble and stress. That no one thought that was relevant boggles my mind.

Russell Kanning

FTL_Ian

Quote from: dalebert on February 15, 2015, 03:23 PM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on February 15, 2015, 02:28 PM NHFT
I've made it clear all along that JP has had issues.

No one bothered to tell me he threatened to sue the KAC over membership rejection. That one fact would have saved me a LOT of trouble and stress. That no one thought that was relevant boggles my mind.

That was a couple of years back.  He since showed progress and many forgave him. 

dalebert

Quote from: dalebert on February 15, 2015, 03:23 PM NHFT

Quote from: FTL_Ian on February 16, 2015, 05:31 PM NHFT
That was a couple of years back.  He since showed progress and many forgave him.

Right. In your judgment everything was fine, and yet he again threatened a frivolous suit over something trivial. Read the title of the thread again. This is exactly the point. You vouching for someone right now would have zero value to me, actually maybe negative value.

FTL_Ian

dalebert

Tom Sawyer

FTL_Ian

Good to know - the post you made previously could be interpreted as suggesting that I did vouch for him. 

dalebert

Quote from: FTL_Ian on February 19, 2015, 02:05 PM NHFT
Good to know - the post you made previously could be interpreted as suggesting that I did vouch for him.

Only because you're obfuscating. The post only points out what a poor judge of character you appear to be based on the evidence.

FTL_Ian

Asking for clarification is by definition the opposite of obfuscating. 

:P

Tom Sawyer

Ian Bernard" Freeman host Free Talk Live

Russell Kanning