• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

More lack of discernment in the Keene movement

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 29, 2014, 12:39 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Oh zing!  Ian is a dictator!  That's much more creative than simply answering my question from earlier by giving a concrete example of my alleged obfuscating. 

Backing up baseless assertions with insults shows that we've reached the end of this conversation.  I've answered the several questions posed to me here and have indicated a willingness to further clarify anything that has come off as obtuse and am now being insulted now for my efforts.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread.  Can't say I didn't try.

If anyone really cares to have a conversation rather than just complaining to the peanut gallery here, you can find me in the usual places, plus on-air pretty much nightly 7-10pm Eastern on http://freetalklive.com.  There you can call me out for being a bad, bad man in front of a much larger audience.  Please call 855-450-FREE and let's chat.

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Hey, all publicity is a good thing according to Ian and his buddy Can't Well. If you don't support their activities you can call the show and, well, support the show!

So just to sum things up.

Ian is the kind of "friend" that sends danger to his friends. Feels he should take no responsibility to consider the possible danger to his friends.

People that have known him for a while have referred to him as manipulative, unresponsive to constructive criticism (well I guess this thread shows him to be "responsive" in an obfuscating and prevaricating manner  ;D ). Some of the opinions have been more critical than I have been here.

Is anyone above reproach? Is he such a big fish in the little pond that others must bend to his needs?

Some of my energy in this matter has been driven by watching him and his apologists attack people with reasonable criticisms. The "what do you mean?" nonsense while most reasonable people can see through the behavior. The people that have been turned off and in some cases driven away. I saw similar behavior in the nonprofit and political world in D.C. where some people's own personal kingdom became more important than the issues and cause they claimed to represent.

I personally am shunning him and his repeated behavior. I know that doesn't mean much. Well except to my own sense of right and wrong.

Soundwave

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 03, 2015, 11:33 AM NHFT
I agree that laws are often a problem.

My position is not violating the NAP is the minimum requirement to keep from killing each other. It is not enough to build a cohesive community.

I think this is a fundamental problem that I think eludes many libertarians. Especially the ones that cherry pick the principles to suit their own agendas.

This. So much of this. I just said it last night in fact - the NAP is where the conversation starts, Chapter One.

I can't speak for others but I'm interested in building something better, not fighting the status quo. Technology may finally allow us to do that - look at Uber - they'll destroy taxis. Some will try and put up a fight but people have already tasted what could be and it's a service that is so awesome to so many people, that it's not going anywhere.

I want to contribute to building a community that is so awesome people are envious and want to be like "that guy over there". And you don't do that by surrounding yourself with liars and nefarious characters. Successful, productive, happy people - these are the ones who get things done. I don't see much of that in Keene anymore.

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Soundwave on February 21, 2015, 10:05 AM NHFT
I want to contribute to building a community that is so awesome people are envious and want to be like "that guy over there". And you don't do that by surrounding yourself with liars and nefarious characters. Successful, productive, happy people - these are the ones who get things done. I don't see much of that in Keene anymore.

:clap:  I agree with you completely.  I would much rather surround myself with people like you, who make the world (or at least our small part of it) a better place.   

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Jim Johnson

I don't agree with the Valenzuela Article.

...and it will be at least a week before I have time to discus it here.

I also disagree with what Robrin said in response to the Valenzuela Article.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on June 21, 2015, 07:33 AM NHFT
I don't agree with the Valenzuela Article.

...and it will be at least a week before I have time to discus it here.

I also disagree with what Robrin said in response to the Valenzuela Article.

Damn, what a tease!

KBCraig

NH/FSP/"The Liberty Movement"/etc., do tend to attract people who are looking to escape "oppression" that is really just the consequences of their own poor choices. Too many expect to do as they wish, and that others will help them out in the name of solidarity.

The last few days there have been numerous pleas on Facebook from people who have no ride, no money, no tent, and who made no plans at all, but now they desperately need to attend PorcFest.

I'm more than willing to help people who have done their best only to have some misfortune hit them. As for those who've made no efforts to take care of themselves, I'd really rather they just stay where they are and whine about how no one in the liberty movement will help them.

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: KBCraig on June 21, 2015, 11:55 AM NHFT
NH/FSP/"The Liberty Movement"/etc., do tend to attract people who are looking to escape "oppression" that is really just the consequences of their own poor choices. Too many expect to do as they wish, and that others will help them out in the name of solidarity.

The last few days there have been numerous pleas on Facebook from people who have no ride, no money, no tent, and who made no plans at all, but now they desperately need to attend PorcFest.

I'm more than willing to help people who have done their best only to have some misfortune hit them. As for those who've made no efforts to take care of themselves, I'd really rather they just stay where they are and whine about how no one in the liberty movement will help them.

ISIS takes such people in and motivates and empowers them...

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on June 21, 2015, 02:03 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on June 21, 2015, 11:55 AM NHFT

ISIS takes such people in and motivates and empowers them...

The ISIS model... that should make for good press!  ;D

Tom Sawyer

Joking aside, the key I think to motivating and empowering the lost soul works for them because they have a structure for harsh discipline.

Tom Sawyer

JOËL VALENZUELA's blog got picked up by the lefties...
Miscellany Blue - NH Politics

Free Stater exposes 'seedy underbelly' of liberty movement: 'We attract the dregs of society'

Free libertarian

I am reminded of a bumper stickerish saying from the 70s that went something like this...Ass, gas or grass, nobody rides for free. 

Totally off topic and as bonus, I will bring up two other ones I liked about reserving the right to arm bears and nuking gay whales for Jesus.  ;D