• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

More lack of discernment in the Keene movement

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 29, 2014, 12:39 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

And the spinning continues...

From Facebook
QuoteDalebert Vincent
Is it not a concern at all that it took Mark threatening to quit to get Ian to (very reluctantly) unpeel his lips from around Cantwell's dick?

Ian Freeman
Actually, Mark did not threaten to quit. He called out Cantwell and Cantwell said stuff that I could not ignore.

Cantwell posted his communication with Ian
Ian Freeman, [19.09.15 01:03]
He suggested to me he's considering quitting again. That's when I told him to talk to you. Instead, he's doing this

KBCraig

I like Ian for his sense of showmanship, but I think he picks really stupid battles.

I like Mark for his efforts to moderate the craziness.

As I've said before, if I was taking a healthy whiz and CC fell down in front of me engulfed in flames, I would turn around and piss the other way. I think he's a huge detriment, to the point of actually being an enemy of the liberty movement, instead of the "great liberty activist" that Ian calls him.

K neth

Quote from: KBCraig on September 21, 2015, 10:52 PM NHFT
As I've said before, if I was taking a healthy whiz and CC fell down in front of me engulfed in flames, I would turn around and piss the other way.

Spoken like a gulag guard, with vast experience in looking the other way when someone is suffering.

Quote from: KBCraig on September 21, 2015, 10:52 PM NHFT
I think he's a huge detriment,...

But maybe he'd piss on me no matter what?

Jay

I guess you can either see it as perseverance or insanity.

We're all a little extra weirder than normal. Maybe it's kind of relaxing to point fingers at the super-duper lunatics to say that at least we're not that bad.

Could even see it as Ian providing a privately funded asylum for the extra crazy people. Kinda what it is, I think.

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jay on November 03, 2015, 07:46 AM NHFT
Could even see it as Ian providing a privately funded asylum for the extra crazy people. Kinda what it is, I think.

;D

Except it means that the team loses the less insane in exchange for the full on nutters.

Jay

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 03, 2015, 08:43 AM NHFT

;D

Except it means that the team loses the less insane in exchange for the full on nutters.

I can tell you for a fact that a lot of folks have left due to it not being nutty enough, hehe. At least that's what their excuse was.

I think there is some merit in Ian's (paraphrased) "Start up something else that gets more positive attention then!" attitude. Best way to get attention away from something is to create something that gets even more attention. Frustrates the hell out of the more logically minded like us that hardly anyone "normal" out there really cares about positive things that have been advancing things forward slowly over the years. Unfortunately, the common folk have been programmed to look up to a leader of any kind. They ain't got that anarchy thing down pat yet. Hence some folks think it's good to practice "damage control", because John and Jane Doe probably don't like your more "extreme" views. God forbid you are against mandatory State vehicle inspections!

Isn't then the only real solution for someone to become a louder, "saner" voice to the masses than the current Keene regime (ain't judging, just talking in the context of this discussion)? Quite a conflict of belief to do that though, cuz we so individualistic. And so the Free Talk Live empire reigns, until...well, things stop being so boring. Maybe people don't wanna admit how slow things are going for the "movement"? Kinda was exciting there for awhile in the mid to late aughts. How many more years they gotta beg for the smart folk to actually move, instead of holding bi-annual Jeffrey Tucker fan conventions?

But yeah, BURN DE WITCH!!!!1, or somethin'...

(maybe all this is just us rebelling to another more personal level of authority, hehe. just a thought.)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jay on November 03, 2015, 10:08 AM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 03, 2015, 08:43 AM NHFT

;D

I can tell you for a fact that a lot of folks have left due to it not being nutty enough, hehe. At least that's what their excuse was.

I think there is some merit in Ian's (paraphrased) "Start up something else that gets more positive attention then!" attitude. Best way to get attention away from something is to create something that gets even more attention. Frustrates the hell out of the more logically minded like us that hardly anyone "normal" out there really cares about positive things that have been advancing things forward slowly over the years. Unfortunately, the common folk have been programmed to look up to a leader of any kind. They ain't got that anarchy thing down pat yet. Hence some folks think it's good to practice "damage control", because John and Jane Doe probably don't like your more "extreme" views. God forbid you are against mandatory State vehicle inspections!

Isn't then the only real solution for someone to become a louder, "saner" voice to the masses than the current Keene regime (ain't judging, just talking in the context of this discussion)? Quite a conflict of belief to do that though, cuz we so individualistic. And so the Free Talk Live empire reigns, until...well, things stop being so boring. Maybe people don't wanna admit how slow things are going for the "movement"? Kinda was exciting there for awhile in the mid to late aughts. How many more years they gotta beg for the smart folk to actually move, instead of holding bi-annual Jeffrey Tucker fan conventions?

But yeah, BURN DE WITCH!!!!1, or somethin'...

(maybe all this is just us rebelling to another more personal level of authority, hehe. just a thought.)

A couple of different issues addressed.

The current course we have taken is in new (and some old) activism routes. None of which are in Keene.

eglove

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 03, 2015, 10:22 AM NHFT
A couple of different issues addressed.

The current course we have taken is in new (and some old) activism routes. None of which are in Keene.

There's a lot of people, including me, who have shaken their head and turned their backs on Keene and that loud minority. Unity would be nice, but it ain't gonna' happen in that environment that they think is "reputation" based but is really clique based. Too many people going it alone. (Or maybe in this situation, that's a good thing, makes anarchists look a little less like d-bags... still though.)

Jay

Quote from: eglove on November 03, 2015, 12:37 PM NHFT
Unity would be nice, but it ain't gonna' happen in that environment that they think is "reputation" based but is really clique based.

And what about about the all the drama that desperate men have caused when they sold out their "friends" at a moment's notice? You know, when they think it will put them in a favorable light in with a "liberty lady" they admire, who in actuality has zero interest in them and makes fun of them behind their back? lol

It's easy to get discouraged with all the bullshit, winter doesn't help either. 

Maybe it's better not to care too much about what you have no control over, avoid the assholes who are below your own standards, and persevere. Takes a while to get in that mindset though, I'm about halfway there. Still plenty of sane folk left. Best to do your own thing anyway, isn't that what you really came here for? heh

eglove

Everyone thinks they're avoiding the "assholes" who are "below them." That's what we call cowardly avoiding conflict. It's easier to isolate yourself and blame arguments on everyone else than it is to maintain a relationship.

Jay

Quote from: eglove on November 03, 2015, 01:03 PM NHFT
That's what we call cowardly avoiding conflict. It's easier to isolate yourself and blame arguments on everyone else than it is to maintain a relationship.

Funny thing about people is that they tend to dislike folks who call people out, even though they they are justified to do so, even more than the person who's behavior is in question. And it shouldn't be that way! But that's how it be. So you learn to shut up rather than catch more arrows in the ass.

Man, if you figure out how to fix the way people are, you win the game. Freedom everywhere. People been tryin' for a long damn time, though. Maybe it's not a good struggle to take up.

eglove

It's not "fixing," it's just "not being an asshole because everyone else is."

Jay

Quote from: eglove on November 03, 2015, 01:54 PM NHFT
It's not "fixing," it's just "not being an asshole because everyone else is."

Lot deeper than that, though. 7 billion people all thinkin' a different way in their own heads.

Tom Sawyer