• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What will you do when you can't fly REAL-ID 2016

Started by Tom Sawyer, February 08, 2015, 10:39 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

REAL ID to Launch in 2016: TSA Will Force Airline Passengers to Show National ID Before Flying

http://benswann.com/real-id-to-launch-in-2016-tsa-will-force-airline-passengers-to-show-national-id-before-flying/

QuoteHowever, some US states, such as Maine, New Hampshire, Hawaii, and Idaho, have passed laws against participating in the REAL ID program, meaning state-issued ID cards from those states may not be compliant in time for 2016.

So if NH doesn't have the gold star on the Drivers License, you won't be able to board an airplane. It's just too damn ironic that it is a gold star.

Sounds like a line in the sand. Don't get those very often. The powers that be want complaince, yet they are about to run head on into a state that doesn't comply. Sounds like one of the best opportunities to come along in a good while.

jerry

If all they want is a gold star I'm pretty sure they sell stick-on gold stars at the stationery store.

Me... I haven't been on a plane since they put in the no-smoking rules.

Jim Johnson

They failed to turn the Drivers License into a Federal passport, mainly because there was to much State control of the DL system.  They have made flying a privilege that only loyalists can have.  They will set up a system of Federal identification where if you want to fly you have to be identified as a loyalist. Drivers licenses will become passe and eventually cops every where will want to see your Federal ID. Baring another 9/11, that should take about 10 years.

Tom Sawyer

Kind of going full circle for me. I jumped on this merry go round when Russell went to the airport.

Original post announcing the civil disobedience.
"Freedom to Travel" Event
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=991.msg13445#msg13445

for some reason the thread was split... (who the heck knows why)
The rest of the story.

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=23941.msg14444#msg14444

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050612/NEWS/506120359/1003/NEWS02
QuoteNew Hampshire Libertarian arrested in protest at airport
By
| June 12,2005
Email Article    Print Article

MANCHESTER, N.H. — A Keene man who tried to board a flight carrying nothing but a Bible and a copy of the Declaration of Independence was arrested Saturday at Manchester Airport.

Russell Kanning, 35, was arrested after refusing to comply with security screening procedures and refusing to leave the screening area, according to the Rockingham County sheriff's department. He was charged with criminal trespassing and was being held at the Rockingham County jail.

Kanning's wife, Kat Dillon, said her husband has refused to have his bail posted and will remain in jail until his arraignment Monday. She said sheriff's deputies were very kind in handling the incident.

"He went in with his Bible and his declaration, and when he refused to be patted down and all that, the sheriff led him off and arrested him," she said in a phone interview Saturday afternoon.

Kanning, an accountant and staunch Libertarian, said last week he hoped his actions would highlight what he considers overly burdensome state intrusion.

"What he was trying to get across is that people need to be able to travel with dignity," said his wife. "They've just gotten to a point where security is ridiculous."

Kanning's demonstration was part of a larger effort by Libertarians to promote their belief in individual freedom and limited government. Others planned to start a private mail service, to call attention to the federal government's monopoly on first-class mail delivery, and sell bottles of liquor, in defiance of state liquor laws.

"If comes to a point that if you think something has to be done and you don't think petitioning the government will help, you have to stop complying with bad laws," Dillon said. "We don't want to hurt anybody. We don't want anybody to get hurt. We just don't want to comply."

K neth

I haven't flown commercial since 9/11.  I don't want to put myself in a position where I have to choose either risking prison for speaking up when I see someone being tyrannized, or suffering the spiritual harm that would come from not speaking up.  If I really needed to get somewhere by flying, I'm sure I could find someone to fly me. Amber Nolan stopped by the KAC between hitching flights all over the country: http://jethiking.com  I doubt anyone ever asked her for ID.

The author of that article seems overly confident in the bureaucracy. Can they really implement this by next year just because they say they will?

In ten years we may not be asked to show ID at all, just like when I used to go to the bank where every teller knew me.  Their tech will recognize us a hundred different ways, and woe to anyone that their gadget doesn't bring up a file on.

In Joy,
~K'neth

Russell Kanning

I think your predictions are going to be true Johnson.

btw remember when I got on a plane in Denver with no ID?
all it took was .... not hassling the tsa ... and them finally deciding they could just let me on.
the never did find me in any database .... or establish that I was that person they were looking up.

so I think it is possible you can fly .... you just have to not question anything they do.

we get the same things when we go through border patrol checkpoints 100 miles from the borders .... they only ask if you are a US citizen. Compliance is all they ask. :(

Russell Kanning

the old thread was probably split because it was too big for the database or something. it happens on a trucking forum I am on.

I can see the NH driver's license not being enough. Since they control us so well with the DL, I could see them doing a federal flying id.

I also had the Gove County KS sheriff tell me driving was a privilege .... in the Constitution.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: K neth on February 08, 2015, 01:33 PM NHFT
I haven't flown commercial since 9/11.  I don't want to put myself in a position where I have to choose either risking prison for speaking up when I see someone being tyrannized, or suffering the spiritual harm that would come from not speaking up.  If I really needed to get somewhere by flying, I'm sure I could find someone to fly me. Amber Nolan stopped by the KAC between hitching flights all over the country: http://jethiking.com  I doubt anyone ever asked her for ID.

The author of that article seems overly confident in the bureaucracy. Can they really implement this by next year just because they say they will?

In ten years we may not be asked to show ID at all, just like when I used to go to the bank where every teller knew me.  Their tech will recognize us a hundred different ways, and woe to anyone that their gadget doesn't bring up a file on.

In Joy,
~K'neth

Yeah they didn't like my expired documents...  The country has changed but, hey it's still me.

My only post 9/11 flying experience...
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=991.msg354767#msg354767

Tom Sawyer

I bring up the subject because the REAL-ID fight was one of the most popular issues this movement has had. It was supported by all the different style activists, political and civil disobedience folks. The Freedom to Travel event of Russell going to the airport was what brought me into the fold.

Looks like potentially a good opportunity to highlight the NH difference and create a buzz that can mobilize more people to move.

Do I have to start talking about turning over the tables in the temple? Is that a violation of the NAP? Russell sure got some folks going on that.  ;D

K neth

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 08, 2015, 02:54 PM NHFT
btw remember when I got on a plane in Denver with no ID?
all it took was .... not hassling the tsa ... and them finally deciding they could just let me on.

Meet troubles with joy and patience while they are still small, and great difficulties are avoided. 

Russell Kanning

well that time I wanted to get on the plane and wanted to see what would happen.
usually I would want to hassle the TSA

it is sad how many people I meet who will not fly because of the stinkin government

Becky Thatcher

I saw this on the Free Range Kids blog.  It's a funny take on a not so funny subject.  You can't make this stuff up.  >:(

I'll assume a good old-fashioned "Eat Shit and Die" look would be out of the question also. 8)

https://youtu.be/tEHV5UNntOo

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: jerry on February 08, 2015, 11:33 AM NHFT.... I haven't been on a plane since they put in the no-smoking rules.

They used to allocate parachutes back then, too.  Whatever happened to parachutes?

Tom Sawyer

Russell Kanning