• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cardboard Sled Race 2015

Started by Tom Sawyer, February 13, 2015, 05:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Super good time. Nice turnout of FSP supporters.

From the very beginning of the day, it was obvious by people's reaction that the Robo-Porcupine was something special.

Jim Johnson and Lauren Canario's guidance and creative influence, added with the effort of the kids William and El Brentino, combined with new team member Ethan to a victory of Most Creative Entree!

A video crew from WMUR's show New Hampshire Chronical interviewed and shot a good bit of footage. They said the piece would air this Thursday. Should be a PR triumph for the FSP.

Becky Thatcher

Woohoo!!  What a great day.  Robo-Porcupine took first place in Most Creative !!  One guy stopped and said if we didn't win, there was something wrong with the world! :)

It was fun to see everyone who showed up to cheer Robo-Porcupine and its crew on to victory!

I brought my cake of beeswax that Llloyd gave me.  The plan was to rub beeswax on the sled in memory of Lllloyd, but then Bob said we should talk about it but not actually do it because after all, Lllloyd was the king of Procrastinators!  ;D 8)

KBCraig

Is anyone involved connected to this, fresh off the emergency alert pager?

| NH | HANOVER | CONNECTICUT RIVER | HANOVER POLICE & FIRE ARE INVESTIGATING A REPORT OF 3 PEOPLE ON AN ICE FLOW FLOATING SOUTH ON THE RIVER HAVING A BONFIRE | HANOVER CAR 1, RESCUE, UTILITY AND MARINE 1 RESP |

Jim Johnson

Quote from: KBCraig on April 11, 2015, 09:44 PM NHFT

| NH | HANOVER | CONNECTICUT RIVER | HANOVER POLICE & FIRE ARE INVESTIGATING A REPORT OF 3 PEOPLE ON AN ICE FLOW FLOATING SOUTH ON THE RIVER HAVING A BONFIRE | HANOVER CAR 1, RESCUE, UTILITY AND MARINE 1 RESP |

no, but I want to

Tom Sawyer

I wasn't usre if it was a matter of, "Hey we might have to go save those people!" or "Hey, they don't have a fire permit, and they don't have any registration numbers on that water craft!"

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 12, 2015, 08:54 AM NHFT

I wasn't usre if it was a matter of, "Hey we might have to go save those people!" or "Hey, they don't have a fire permit, and they don't have any registration numbers on that water craft!"

In my experience... it's the fire permit.

Tom Sawyer

Created an image...
Have to create a "Press Release" with the appropriate verbiage to announce the victory.
Right now going outside to take advantage of the awesome weather and get springtime chores done.  :)

Jim Johnson

The pictures make us look awesome!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on April 12, 2015, 11:12 AM NHFT
The pictures make us look awesome!

It's just telling a little bit of the story of awesomeness! Wait till NH and parts of Mass see on air the WMUR's show New Hampshire Chronical Thursday at 7:00pm They also will have it available on-line. Time to reap what we have sown.  :)

To me the backstory of all that led up to a moment like this, that's the awesome part. This is an example of just a summit achieved in a long line of peaks (and valleys) of our getting to this place. This isn't the first time we've achieved positive notice for the FSP/Freedom Movement to the wider community.

Free libertarian

Television?  Is that one of those little boxes with the talking people inside?  ;D

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on April 12, 2015, 05:59 PM NHFT
  Television?  Is that one of those little boxes with the talking people inside?  ;D

What's the North Woods equivalent of a Southern Hillbilly? I know there are Swamp Yankees. So what's the opposite of a Flatlander?

blackie

a hillbilly is a hillbilly. You don't need to distinguish between northern or southern.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 12, 2015, 07:31 PM NHFT

What's the North Woods equivalent of a Southern Hillbilly? I know there are Swamp Yankees. So what's the opposite of a Flatlander?

Oh c'mon now!  I prefer country philosopher.   ;D

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: blackie on April 12, 2015, 08:02 PM NHFT
a hillbilly is a hillbilly. You don't need to distinguish between northern or southern.

I knew a guy from rural Ohio that used the term Hilligan.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on April 12, 2015, 08:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 12, 2015, 07:31 PM NHFT

Oh c'mon now!  I prefer country philosopher.   ;D

Anyone that can make it up your road can seek the wisdom of the backwoods, country philosopher.