• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cardboard Sled Race 2015

Started by Tom Sawyer, February 13, 2015, 05:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Free libertarian

Lest I forget, my congratulations to the awesome couple, Jim and Lauren, and their apprentices for winning the most creative entry in the competition.  Well done!

Tom Sawyer

SAMPLE "Press Release"
Feedback appreciated  :)
================

Robo-Porcupine Conquers Mt. Sunapee

Mt. Sunapee Resort - Newbury, NH
SATURDAY, APRIL 11, 2015

2015 ANNUAL INTRAGALACTIC CARDBOARD SLED RACE was held at the Mount Sunapee Resort

The porcupine, mascot of the Free State Project, is a peaceful animal that can use its quills in self-defense.  The Robo-Porcupine cardboard sled was designed and engineered by Free State Project early movers Jim Johnson and Lauren Canario as a homeschooling project. Under their guidance the kids, along with recent mover Ethan Glover, got together once a week to help make their concept a reality.  Using only cardboard, duct tape, paint, and wax, the team under the guidance of Jim the Master Craftsman, transformed Creature Creator Lauren's design sketches into an amazing sled. 

Robo-Porcupine:The Build
Slide Show
https://youtu.be/3rDHrsSds6E

WMUR's show New Hampshire Chronicle videotaped the event and interviewed participants.  Their coverage will air on Thursday, April 16th at 7:00 p.m.

This isn't the first victory for the dynamic duo. As 2009 Cardboard Sled Race Champions they created the awesome Pirate Ship, Griffin, for the event at Mt. Sunapee also winning the Most Creative category.

In the past they honed their skills as internationally acclaimed Kinetic Sculpture racing World Champions. Winning the grueling pedal powered championship race in their artistic creation got them invited to travel to Australia for an exciting build and ride event there.

They came to New Hampshire from Nevada via New London, Connecticut where they helped the brave holdouts in Fort Trumbull in resisting the abusive Eminent Domain taking of their homes.  Fort Trumbull is the neighborhood made famous in the landmark Kelo Supreme Court ruling. Lauren was arrested and imprisoned for three months.

Lauren Canario Eminent Domain Arrest https://youtu.be/v-ElrlwnMrA

Since moving to New Hampshire in 2006, they have not only helped build and repair homes for Free Staters to settle into, they are also major contributors to the fun factor in the Porcupine Community.

Jim Johnson

Tom Sawyer

Free libertarian

Nice job on the photos, press release et al, Mr. Sawyer. 

Tom Sawyer

Thanks.

If anyone can think of people and organizations to send the press release to please do. If you would like a formatted e-mail PM me with your e-mail address and I can send it to you.

KBCraig

Quote from: blackie on April 12, 2015, 08:02 PM NHFT
a hillbilly is a hillbilly. You don't need to distinguish between northern or southern.

http://hillbilly-weatherman.com/

Russell Kanning

great looking pit crew
how well did it slide?

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 14, 2015, 02:00 PM NHFT
great looking pit crew
how well did it slide?
It was faster than we thought it would be. Robo-porcupine lost it's head, so it must have gone faster than it thought it would too.

Tom Sawyer

Some talked of hearing a sonic boom.

Russell Kanning

very cool
it is funny to see how each sled actually goes down the hill

Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Shire Liberty News
Sent this write-up out in their weekly e-mail.   8)

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 14, 2015, 05:56 PM NHFT
Some talked of hearing a sonic boom.

That's a relief.  I thought the giant porcupine may have gotten indigestion from eating cardboard corn.