• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Judge jails kids for refusing lunch with dad

Started by Silent_Bob, July 10, 2015, 08:32 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent_Bob

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/09/judge-jails-kids-refusing-lunch-dad/29940397/

DETROIT — Three children who refused to go to lunch with their father, as part of a bitter divorce and custody battle between their parents, are spending their summer in a juvenile detention center, according to court records.

"We'll review it when school starts, and you may be going to school there," Oakland County Family Court Judge Lisa Gorcyca told the children during a June 24 hearing, referring to the center in Waterford Township called Children's Village, where authorities house as many as 200 juvenile offenders.

Gorcyca, who blamed their mother for poisoning the children's attitude toward their father, ordered the children be sent to the center for defying her orders — while in court — that they go to lunch with their father.

The children — ranging in age from 9 to 14 — were deemed in contempt of court last month by Gorcyca for disobeying her orders to "have a healthy relationship with your father."

The oldest boy told the judge during the hearing that he apologized for "whatever I did to you."

"But I do not apologize for — for not talking to him because I have a reason for that and that's because he's violent and he — I saw him hit my mom and I'm not gonna talk to him," the boy said, later telling the judge, "I didn't do anything wrong."

"No, you did," Gorcyca replied. "You — I ordered you to talk to your father. You chose not to talk to your father. You defied a direct court order. It's direct contempt, so I am finding you guilty of civil contempt."

After sending the older boy to Children's Village, Gorcyca gave the two younger children — a 10-year-old boy and a 9-year-old girl — a chance to go to lunch with their father in the courtroom cafeteria, but they refused.

"I'll go with my brother then," the 10-year-old told the judge.

Speaking about the children to their mother, Dr. Maya Eibschitz-Tsimhoni, Gorcyca was vehement.

"Your children — you need to do a research program on Charlie Manson and the cult that he has. Your behavior in the hall with me months ago, your behavior in this courtroom ... is unlike anything I've ever seen in 46,000 cases," said Gorcyca, who has a young son and is known for her normally pleasant demeanor in court.

The judge told the mother she could not visit her children this summer, according to a court transcript of the hearing.

Referring to the contempt orders and sending the trio of kids to summer behind institutional walls, Gorcyca told the older sibling: "I wanted to do this because of your horrific behavior a long time ago and your dad begged me not to. ... One day you are going to realize what's going on in this case and you're going to apologize to your dad."

The two boys and their sister each had a court-appointed lawyer at the hearing, according to records. But the attorneys said the children refused to cooperate and, in some cases, wouldn't talk to their lawyers. The attorneys for the children did not object to Gorcyca's order.

"Your dad is a good man. And wipe that smirk off your face," Gorcyca said to the 10-year-old, as both he and his sister defied the judge's order to have lunch with their dad.

The children are caught up in a highly contentious divorce case that began more than five years ago between their father, Omer Tsimhoni, an internationally prominent traffic safety researcher and GM engineer who works frequently from a GM research lab in Israel, and their mother, a pediatric eye doctor and widely known glaucoma researcher who is an assistant professor of ophthalmology at the University of Michigan and has an office in Canton.

The case has resulted in dozens of court appearances throughout the years and has led to the children being ordered to spend time with their father. After repeatedly refusing to cooperate with Gorcyca, the mother at the June 24 hearing finally agreed that the children should spend time with their father and agreed to the lunch date. But Gorcyca said to her "it's too late."

Omer Tsimhoni "desires a resolution to the current circumstances that would allow his children to live in a healthy home and not the Children's Village," said a new release issued Wednesday from his lawyer, Keri Middleditch in Birmingham.

Middleditch blamed the mother for "alienating" the children from their father and for creating the situation in which the judge ordered them into juvenile care.

"The court took severe action to attempt to remedy a heart-wrenching situation, solely created by Dr. Eibschitz-Tsimhoni," Middleditch said, calling Omer Tsimhoni a "loving, caring father who desires a healthy relationship with his children."

The lawyer for the children's mother, Lisa Stern, declined Wednesday to speak about the case.

Tom Sawyer

I was thinking about posting this story... however it is a little hard to take, "a little too close to the knuckle" as they say.

My younger brother and I were threatened and bullied by a Family Court judge in almost the exact same way. I was defiant until he threatened to jail my mother. Asshole menacing us, a 10 and 8 year old. I used to dream about finding him when I had become an adult and beating him down. "Think you can bully me now!"

But, I'm over it.   ;D  Well, maybe not.

Russell Kanning

"internationally prominent traffic safety researcher" ????

Russell Kanning

I bet a lot of stuff like this happens in court.

Free libertarian

Sometimes it is difficult to find a hat that is big enough to fit the enlarged head of a judge.  This could be one of those times.

blackie

I am pretty sure the mother is mad because the father got remarried.

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/routine-emergencies/.premium-1.665369

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 10, 2015, 07:22 PM NHFT
Didn't your ex-wife tell the court you beat her and the kids?

http://www.dottal.org/LBDUK/silver_bullet_technique.htm
SILVER BULLET TECHNIQUE

The "silver bullet" technique involves a carefully contrived, and set up, false accusation of Domestic abuse, or, when possible, the provocation of real incident of Domestic abuse.

It happens hundreds of times every day.

This technique is being taught by political activists, who pose as victim's advocates.

It is a means of gaining advantage, in any confrontation- particularly divorce.

The perpetrators call themselves "victims".

The REAL victims generally do not have a clue what was done to them.

This is not a game for tramps only.
If the most exalted love of your life, ever becomes "a woman scorned", you could STILL SEE THIS HAPPEN.

Most of these "women scorned" scenarios involve WIVES.

The "silver bullet" technique is a system of stripping you of your property, and your freedom.
It can put you out of you own home, with no access to your own money, your children, or your possessions.

It can cause you unlimited legal expenses.

It can turn your friends and family against you.

The "silver bullet" technique is being implemented by a well organized net work of lawyers, paralegals, advocacy groups, prosecutors, doctors, police, and even judges.

The "silver bullet" technique replaces the family unit with the power of government.

The "silver bullet" technique neutralizes political activists.

If you do not understand it, you are in grave danger.

http://www.falseallegations.com/hell-hath-no-fury-like-woman-scorned.htm

KBCraig

Quote from: blackie on July 11, 2015, 04:40 AM NHFT
I am pretty sure the mother is mad because the father got remarried.

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/routine-emergencies/.premium-1.665369

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 10, 2015, 07:22 PM NHFT
Didn't your ex-wife tell the court you beat her and the kids?

For once, I gave blackie +1.

This case is a good example of why I never let custody matters reach court. Everyone told me I gave in too much, too easily. I'd seen too many friends and co-workers go through hell in family court, using the kids against each other, and I swore I would never do that. And I didn't.

I never said one negative word about their mother to my sons. Even when they asked, I deflected.

The courtesy wasn't returned -- after she left me and divorced me and then remarried, I had the nerve to remarry, and then fathered another baby with my new wife.

The degree to which our sons were poisoned against me was never clear until she died, and I had to go to court for the first time, because her husband actually tried to gain custody of my 15 year old.

The boys and I made amends, and I never faulted them for repeating what they'd been told. I loved them no matter what, and both came to see the truth of that.

It still hurts, though. Especially since the younger son took his own life 9 months ago at age 19, and we're still trying to get over it.

Tom Sawyer

Michigan children released from detention in custody case -media
I guess it got a luttle too hot for her.  ;D
QuoteAt an emergency hearing, Judge Lisa Gorcyca said the children - whose parents have been involved in a custody battle for more than four years - could leave detention and attend a camp for the rest of the summer.

(Child torturer)
Judge Lisa Gorcyca

Some ironic quotes from the good judge... maybe this other stuff was her evil twin.
QuoteTreat people the way you want to be treated.

Whether it is an abuse and neglect case, a custody case or a juvenile matter, I know a child's welfare rests in the decisions I make. I do not take this responsibility lightly.

Russell Kanning

In my case .... I don't know what my exwife said in court.
I never went to court in California. They just dragged me into a couple in NH.
She told some people that I abused her and the kids. When I asked her about it, she said I emotionally abused them. Kat could say that about me too. :)

in regards to the courts .... she must have said something like that in court. In the divorce papers, it said that I got the kids every few weekends, half the holidays, birthdays and such. But one day when I was in California, I got served with paperwork that said I was restrained from going within 300 yards (or something) of anywhere they normally go. That meant that I couldn't even drive around town legally.

I agree with KBcraig. In my case I didn't go to court for 3 reasons. I don't want things decided in court. I don't want to legitimize them, and I was afraid of what things would get made up in order for her to win.

Now my two boys don't like me anymore. I get to see my daughter whenever I go to California. It is wonderful hanging out with her. She is 18 this month. :)