• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Internet Providers and Speeds Throughout New Hampshire

Started by TMullen, September 23, 2015, 01:47 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TMullen

I just moved to (very) rural NH. Before I bought my house, I called up Comcast and asked if there is service to the house I was looking to buy. They told me that my house was serviced. Come to find out, they lied to me and only go so far up my road. Needless to say I am not happy with them. Anyway, I am a huge internet user who needs help finding something that will work for me until I can get cable or fiber optics or even DSL to where I live.

There are a number of boards pertaining to this topic here and elsewhere, but none that I could find that are both new and all encompassing. Please help me out by posting the information requested below.

1. Please visit the following website and post where you live, the internet service provider you have, and your speed: http://www.speedtest.net/
example:
Concord, NH
Comcast Xfinity
0 ping
77 Mbps download
108 mbps upload

2. If you live in (or know about) the Danbury/Grafton/Wilmot area, please let me know what you do for internet if you are out of reach of Comcast and what you recommend. Bonus to anyone who lives at the dirt end of Waukeena Lake Road or nearby Dean Road.

Thank you!

Russell Kanning

most of Grafton was getting pretty good for internet last I was there