• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Reputation = Safe Space?

Started by eglove, November 15, 2015, 02:58 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

eglove

I still can't believe the whole "safe spaces" on college campuses is real. I thought the legends of such things were exaggerations used to make fun of oversensitive college students who boo comedians off stage when they feel offended. But between Yale and Mizzou (no relation) there does seem to be an expectation that anyone deserves to not hear anything they don't like because... safety?

What if Molyneux's style of isolationism; the idea that if you ever have an argument/disagreement with someone, then you should "block" them and demand that you never see each other again is just the original safe space?

Here comes the whining, my tremendous disappointment with New Hampshire is the fear of conflict. Have a disagreement and fraudulent accusations or way out of line insults will be thrown. (Not JUST talking about Cantwell here.) You'll then be cut off from digital communication, banned from the "club," or be scowled at with every physical appearance.

This is beginning to look a lot like....

https://youtu.be/sXQkXXBqj_U

The real question is, where did this sort of thinking, once thought to be a joke, culminate from? The only theory I've come across is Generation Z growing up with ideas like participation trophies and coddling. But there seems to be some bleed over into Gen Y... can't quite get my finger on this one.

You may now endlessly debate and whine at my whining. If you disagree... I'll sabotage you. (Because real men sabotage their enemies. Blocking is for pussies.)

blackie

Quote from: eglove on November 15, 2015, 02:58 AM NHFT
Have a disagreement and fraudulent accusations or way out of line insults will be thrown. (Not JUST talking about Cantwell here.) You'll then be cut off from digital communication, banned from the "club," or be scowled at with every physical appearance.

The real question is, where did this sort of thinking, once thought to be a joke, culminate from? The only theory I've come across is Generation Z growing up with ideas like participation trophies and coddling. But there seems to be some bleed over into Gen Y... can't quite get my finger on this one.
The jews have been doing this for a while. Other groups are just starting to catch on.  ;)

Tom Sawyer

Can we get a moderator to shut this discussion down. There are "trigger" words that are upsetting me!

I think I need a hug.  :'(

Jim Johnson

I think it comes from the time when they stopped telling people to, 'stand up and defend yourself'. People seem to need society to give them all of their security.

I don't know where it started, but I know that the attitude towards letting society handle all your problems was around in the 1960s.

Now that I think about it, the idea of 'someone is going to come and solve all of your problems' is pre-Jewdain and flows through most modern beliefs.

The idea that a savior will come or that 'The One' can be elected to a government office... or is it that Government itself is 'The One'?

eglove

Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 15, 2015, 09:32 AM NHFT
... or is it that Government itself is 'The One'?

That just went full on meta.

I think we need a "Blood for Liberty" tradition.

eglove

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 15, 2015, 08:33 AM NHFT
Can we get a moderator to shut this discussion down. There are "trigger" words that are upsetting me!

The word "generation" usually triggers me.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: eglove on November 15, 2015, 12:55 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 15, 2015, 09:32 AM NHFT
... or is it that Government itself is 'The One'?

That just went full on meta.

I think we need a "Blood for Liberty" tradition.

At least they aren't crying for safe spaces.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: eglove on November 15, 2015, 12:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 15, 2015, 08:33 AM NHFT

The word "generation" usually triggers me.

I'm triggered by "hug".

KBCraig

Here comes the whining, my tremendous disappointment with New Hampshire is the fear of conflict. Have a disagreement and fraudulent accusations or way out of line insults will be thrown. (Not JUST talking about Cantwell here.) You'll then be cut off from digital communication, banned from the "club," or be scowled at with every physical appearance.

You and I must be experiencing a different New Hampshire.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: KBCraig on November 15, 2015, 04:35 PM NHFT

You and I must be experiencing a different New Hampshire.

eglove is a lot closer to Massaholess... it has its affects.

K neth

Cops and Corps
will make you sore
if you hurt
my feelings

Tom Sawyer

Someone needs to give Johnson a hug.  ;D

I think eglove is experiencing backlash for being critical of behaviors. Kill the messenger attitudes. Nothing new there.

Jim Johnson

eglove

Never could keep my damn mouth shut.

I don't say anything that isn't already being said. But I'm nice enough to say, "Hey asshole! We're talking about you!" ....  :soapbox:

Tom Sawyer