• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Reputation = Safe Space?

Started by eglove, November 15, 2015, 02:58 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: eglove on November 18, 2015, 03:06 PM NHFT
Most recently, Michael Dean has blocked me because he mentioned he has sleep apnea and I told him I started to get breathing problems in my sleep when I gained a lot of weight. He says I'm selling snake oil, don't know a damn thing, blocked, refuses to "associate" with "people like me."[/li][/list]

I'm not closely involved, but I do remember him issuing an open statement that anyone offering unsolicited medical advice would be blocked.

eglove

Quote from: KBCraig on November 20, 2015, 01:39 AM NHFT
I'm not closely involved, but I do remember him issuing an open statement that anyone offering unsolicited medical advice would be blocked.

Precisely wrong. A total misinterpretation of the "rules" that were set. He also got pissed for calling out someone actually selling snake oil. If I knew his goal was to kill himself I would have avoided saying anything like in all his other bullshit medical FB posts. Doesn't matter, though. The email made it loud and clear what a pissy brat he wanted to be. I've got no problem with his chosen behavior.

eglove

Bringing it again around to 'safe spaces.' This is pretty much how things work. People hear something they don't like, whine about the person who says it and then drop the mic and skedaddle. There's never going to be a resolution because they've cut that person off. Nobody will ever know what really happened because the conversation is deleted and the real story buried. There's a belief that whoever runs off after making an accusation first wins. And to some tards on the internet who love drama, they see that mic drop and go, "Oh shit! He told you!" Even though they've no idea what's going on.

BTW, there's a theory that these safe spaces started when the assistant secretary of education asked universities to take a hard stance on sexual harassment on campuses. This then empowered the already existing SJW's to take the forefront in viral media. Intervention... fucks it up every time.

blackie

Quote from: eglove on November 20, 2015, 10:42 PM NHFT
I've got no problem with his chosen behavior.
It really seems like you do.

Tom Sawyer

Now that we have a quorum I call to order the Insomniacs for Liberty.

Jay

It's easy to take personal interaction through the internet too seriously. It really is.

eglove

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 20, 2015, 11:33 PM NHFT
Now that we have a quorum I call to order the Insomniacs for Liberty.

According to my daily feed, that's an actual thing. Although... another one of those "news aggregators" that makes me want to throw up.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 15, 2015, 08:33 AM NHFT
Can we get a moderator to shut this discussion down. There are "trigger" words that are upsetting me!

I think I need a hug.  :'(
you make meah rauff so harr my side hurt

Russell Kanning

I have heard a little about these Safe Spaces .... exactly what are they?

eglove

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 23, 2015, 04:43 PM NHFT
I have heard a little about these Safe Spaces .... exactly what are they?

"A place where anyone can relax and be fully self-expressed, without fear of being made to feel uncomfortable, unwelcome or unsafe..."

I think it started in the LGBT community and spread like a virus. Not that the concept is new, but the term kind of went viral thanks to Mizzou students trying to ban media from asking questions in their "safe space."

Tom Sawyer

There already existed the legal concept of your "Safe Space" it's your person, place and effects. Not any old random public space you chose.

Russell Kanning

fully self expressed
sounds funny
I have met some people that would be scary if fully self expressed

dalebert

I'm pretty sure feminists started it and then there was a competition to see who was the most oppressed and everyone was scrambling for that title.

Russell Kanning

eglove

I'm trashing an article because the first half turned out to be wrong. Lo and behold the media was lying about something. But, here's an unedited note I made toward the end:

"People like [not important] are desperatly looking for a battle to join, or a  group to belong to. Where their unthought out and simple, rehashed opinions given to them by outdated textbooks in their colleges are appreciated. The lack of original thought from these people isn't helping anyone. It's only increasing the tensions between people. The sooner we can come together to concentrate on real issues, the sooner we can put any nonsense about race behind us."