• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Happy Thanksgiving Season

Started by John, November 20, 2015, 08:05 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Happy Thanksgiving season.
May Almighty God bless all of you as much as He has blessed me.
:) Peace <3

The following is from a post from 2012:

"i fell in love with NH as a kid/young guy. i promised myself that i would eventually move here. By mid feb, 2004 i began unpacking in Salem, NH and by the end of feb. i was fully home. i was almost completely at Peace. THEN, before a few years passed, I reached the complete and deep 4Giveness which i had been studying for, and learning about, for about 30 years. i - finally - 4Gave the person who had ever done the most harm to me. i actualy began to wish that person well.
AFTER THAT, i had a strange spiritual reawakening. i had not at all found God. i was NOT looking. God found me...
My health was quite questionable at the time, after about 30 years in a chemical factory - and then a reactor fire which i stayed with to get control of and suffered exposure to some very nasty stuff. With numerous strange symptoms, i was very very very worried about my health. i was thinking i might die.
BUT, i did not want to put ANY of my remaining precious "life's energy" towards getting on the medical-industrial-path nor towards lawyering up to fight about my exposures. i had been paid for my work. i had taken risks. So, while i had never done great harm in this world, i had not always been nice in my lifetime. MY "KARMA" was about to start coming home.
i began to meditate.
Soon-thereafter, an absolute calmness - much like a very-tiny-litle candle-flame which does not flicker, at all - came over, and into, me. All of my worrys about my health were gone. Vanished. i realized/remembered that it does not matter - not one wit - how long i live nor when i die. What matters - completely - is that i live every day - all day long - as best i can... Then, my good-health returned.
I had not felt better since I was a teenager.
Its like i had been taken to a dark edge, and then given a few more years to get it right. i think i'm getting it mostly right
NOW, after further study and spiritual growth, my attitude is recently being tested again, and again, and again. Its as if i keep getting ANOTHER chance to further improve my "karma."
i am ENORMOUSLY THANKFUL for the time, the lessons - and the tests.
TO EVERYONE, from my dearest friends to my most agressive "foe": THANK YOU!
i wish you all Peace in this Thankgiving season."

John

"I finally read the Good Book, and I took a good, long, hard look at what I'd do if I could do it all again."
"Like tomorrow was a gift, and you've got eternity to think about." - Live Like You Were Dying

Live Like You Were Dying (Official Music Video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9TShlMkQnc

He said
"I was in my early forties
With a lot of life before me
And a moment came that stopped me on a dime
I spent most of the next days
Looking at the x-rays
Talkin' 'bout the options
And talkin' 'bout sweet time"
I asked him
"When it sank in
That this might really be the real end
How's it hit you
When you get that kind of news?
Man, what'd you do?"

He said
"I went skydiving
I went Rocky Mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fumanchu
And I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying"
And he said
"Someday I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dying"

He said
"I was finally the husband
That most of the time I wasn't
And I became a friend a friend would like to have
And all of a sudden going fishin'
Wasn't such an imposition
And I went three times that year I lost my dad
I finally read the Good Book, and I
Took a good, long, hard look
At what I'd do if I could do it all again
And then

I went skydiving
I went Rocky Mountain climbing
And I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying"
And he said
To live like you were dying
Like tomorrow was a gift
And you've got eternity
To think about
What you'd do with it
What could you do with it
What did I do with it?
What would I do with it?

Skydiving
I went Rocky mountain climbing
And I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I watched an eagle as it was flying"
And he said
To live like you were dying"

Songwriters: NICHOLS, JAMES TIMOTHY/WISEMAN, CRAIG MICHAEL

Live Like You Were Dying lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC

18v