• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Judge allows New Hampshire woman to buy medical marijuana in Maine

Started by blackie, November 24, 2015, 08:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on November 26, 2015, 08:58 AM NHFT
I don't know how one would go about researching this comprehensively, or, shall we say, pervasively, to see to what extent New Hampshire's trial procedures may differ from the norm, but when I read a New Hampshire Rule or Statute a few decades ago regarding subpoenaing a witness, it said that the Court can subpoena witnesses, whereas when I looked up the similar situation in a couple of other states, their procedure said that the party can subpoena the witness, so I filed a "Motion to Subpoena" that witness, and the court simply ignored.

definition of can... as opposed should... in relation to, "Yes I can, but fuck you."

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 26, 2015, 09:52 AM NHFT
I don't know how one would go about researching this comprehensively, or, shall we say, pervasively, to see to what extent New Hampshire's trial procedures may differ from the norm, but when I read a New Hampshire Rule or Statute a few decades ago regarding subpoenaing a witness, it said that the Court can subpoena witnesses, whereas when I looked up the similar situation in a couple of other states, their procedure said that the party can subpoena the witness, so I filed a "Motion to Subpoena" that witness, and the court simply ignored.

definition of can... as opposed should... in relation to, "Yes I can, but fuck you."

This is the way Johnson is always talkin' to me.  :'(

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 26, 2015, 01:31 PM NHFT

Please notice the comma in that statement.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 26, 2015, 02:32 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 26, 2015, 01:31 PM NHFT

Please notice the comma in that statement.

Thank god for that comma. The only thing between me and whimpering shame.  ;D

Johnson's goin' full on grammarian and stuph.

K neth

The Comma That Costs 1 Million Dollars

OTTAWA, Oct. 24 — If there is a moral to the story about a contract dispute between Canadian companies, this is it: Pay attention in grammar class.

The dispute between Rogers Communications of Toronto, Canada's largest cable television provider, and a telephone company in Atlantic Canada, Bell Aliant, is over the phone company's attempt to cancel a contract governing Rogers' use of telephone poles. But the argument turns on a single comma in the 14-page contract. The answer is worth 1 million Canadian dollars ($888,000)...

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/25/business/worldbusiness/25comma.html

Riddler

I love how the establishment  is hung up on weed being a "GATEWAY DRUG"......
Idiots.......if anything is gateway, it's booze...That's where it all starts....14 yr olds start snitch ing a beer here and there.....raiding the liquor cabinet.
Booze is far more detrimental to humans, but NH peddles it right on the interstate....little nip bottles at the checkout....

WithoutAPaddle

Allowances are gateway vehicles.  If kids don't have any money, then they can't afford to do wrong things.

WithoutAPaddle

N.H. woman who sued over medical marijuana has died

Posted Feb. 1, 2016 at 5:16 PM

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — A New Hampshire woman who won permission to purchase medical marijuana in Maine before it was available in her home state has died.

Linda Horan of Alstead died Monday morning at age 64. Her death was confirmed by State Rep. Renny Cushing, a friend and co-sponsor New Hampshire's medical marijuana law.

Horan, a retired telephone company worker and longtime labor activist, was diagnosed in July with advanced lung cancer. She successfully sued the state in November seeking access to an identification card that would allow her to purchase medical marijuana in Maine. New Hampshire initially planned to withhold the cards until its dispensaries open later this year but changed course in response to Horan.

Cushing, a Hampton Democrat, says Horan leaves behind a legacy of fighting for "health care justice."

KBCraig

Free libertarian

The newspaper article said " A New Hampshire woman who won permission...."
   That almost sounds like somebody else owned her. 

Kind of pisses me off... Nobody owns me.

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: Free libertarian on February 02, 2016, 08:08 AM NHFT

I am troubled by a different inference.  Court's don't bestow winnings.  Lower courts find facts and use them to rule on the matters before them, according to law, and appellate courts rule on whether the lower court performed its duties correctly.  The New Hampshire woman was either entitled to acquire and possess marijuana or she was not, and it was up to the court(s) to so-find and so-rule. 

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on February 02, 2016, 08:08 AM NHFT

Come on dude... Yes they do own you. You're much like I am... trying to live free in an unfree world. But, we must remember that they do lord over us. Every time we try to do much of the important stuff in our lives we are constantly being made to bow.

This poor woman's plight proves the point that "legalization", tax and regulate, etc. is a horrible mistake. The fundamental principle is that we (should) own our own bodies and be able to drink raw milk, ingest medicinal herbs etc. completely unfettered. I like the idea of a natural rights movement... it would be a broad based coalition of lefties, right wingers, libertarians etc. that want to be able to use what nature provides. I think it could grab traction, if it is not in the partisan paradigm. Politics fucks everything up... "warfare by other means" is still war.

The political effort that took the fastest path to reform didn't take the best path.

Tom Sawyer

blackie

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 02, 2016, 08:48 AM NHFT
This poor woman's plight proves the point that "legalization", tax and regulate, etc. is a horrible mistake.
It only proves NH has horrible weed laws and bureaucrats. If she was a Maine resident she wouldn't need NH state permission, just a doctors note, and she could grow her own.