• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Judge allows New Hampshire woman to buy medical marijuana in Maine

Started by blackie, November 24, 2015, 08:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

I remember when ISIS kept me in Jail for not filling out financial paper work.... my bad, those were public servants.

...but ISIS did torture me for not answering questions that they already knew the answers to...

wait, those were public servants too.

Tom Sawyer

So, apparently, Johnson has been well served by his "Public Servants"!

Becky Thatcher

Well, I dunno.  Did they offer him a smoke after his servicing?  >:D

Jim Johnson

They're the type of people who would even offer a reach around.

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Jim Johnson on February 22, 2016, 09:08 AM NHFT
They're the type of people who would even offer a reach around.

However I don't think a public servant reach-around is a very happy ending.  Too many strings attached.  I'd rather not get screwed in the first place. >:D

MaineShark

Free libertarian

Oh my...

Free libertarian

Quote from: blackie on February 02, 2016, 04:49 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 02, 2016, 08:48 AM NHFT
This poor woman's plight proves the point that "legalization", tax and regulate, etc. is a horrible mistake.
It only proves NH has horrible weed laws and bureaucrats. If she was a Maine resident she wouldn't need NH state permission, just a doctors note, and she could grow her own.

Yes, the slaves in Maine do receive less severe lashings with the hemp whip from their master.

Of course, there remain some runaway slaves hidden in swamps that never seek permission.  They are the ones that are closer to freedom.   - something Harriet Tubman might have said if she smoked weed

Becky Thatcher

It only proves NH has horrible weed laws and bureaucrats. If she was a Maine resident she wouldn't need NH state permission, just a doctors note, and she could grow her own.

That's right.  She would need the state of Maine's permission, and then a doctor's note.  Meh. 

For me the "permission" part is a major problem.  She shouldn't need anyone's permission to smoke and/or grow a plant.  Especially as the conditions of surrender are being set by the losers of the war.

blackie

Quote from: Becky Thatcher on February 22, 2016, 11:21 AM NHFT

That's right.  She would need the state of Maine's permission, and then a doctor's note.  Meh. 
No, just a doctors note. Paitient registration with the state of Maine is voluntary.

She wouldn't need permission to grow/smoke in Maine, just a recommendation from a doctor/ health care provider.

Jay

All I know is that if I really thought I needed legal medical marijuanas, I would move out of NH.

Free libertarian

Quote from: blackie on February 22, 2016, 08:15 PM NHFT

No, just a doctors note. Paitient registration with the state of Maine is voluntary.

She wouldn't need permission to grow/smoke in Maine, just a recommendation from a doctor/ health care provider.

Yes, you DO need permission to grow etc. in Maine.   The state simply farmed out the role of "permission granter" to State approved doctors.   

Also, when permission is granted, you have to pay for it and the parameters of the permission, plant limits, possession limits, sale, etc.  are all puppet strings that lead back to the hands of the State. 

Maine is a kinder master than New Hampshire (they beat their slaves regularly)  no doubt, but still a master nevertheless. 

Free libertarian

The Attorney General said that e-mails between that office and the DHHS (an Executive branch bureaucracy) are protected under "lawyer / client " privilege.   

Here's a hypothetical "boot leg" transcript....

Attorney General -  Hey, how come you guys haven't given out any medical pot cards yet ?

DHHS -  Well, we're kind of busy doing nothing and collecting stolen money pay checks, plus we have kind of a legal problem...

Attorney General -  ???

DHHS-  Yeah, you see you guys convicted all those people for "controlled drugs" over the years using the Federal Drug Schedule, which says that MARIJUANA is STILL a schedule 1 drug

Attorney General - Well what does the NH controlled drug schedule say?

DHHS-  Ummmm....we never made one, since we never made one, we couldn't have published it either

Attorney General -  Oh shit.     

blackie

Quote from: Free libertarian on February 23, 2016, 08:30 AM NHFT
Quote from: blackie on February 22, 2016, 08:15 PM NHFT

Yes, you DO need permission to grow etc. in Maine.   The state simply farmed out the role of "permission granter" to State approved doctors.
It's not just doctors that can write a recommendations. Nurse practitioners can too.

But the state of Maine doesn't get any personally identifiable information on the patients.   

Call that permission if you want. I don't care. It's light years ahead of what NH has, and probably the best medical marijuana program in the country.

Being a medical marijuana caregiver,  and a medical marijuana caregiver employ, I did seek permission from the state for that stuff. And for a drivers license, and a pesticide applicators license.

Also, when permission is granted, you have to pay for it and the parameters of the permission, plant limits, possession limits, sale, etc.  are all puppet strings that lead back to the hands of the State. 

Maine is a kinder master than New Hampshire (they beat their slaves regularly)  no doubt, but still a master nevertheless.

The worst part is having to collect sales tax.

But whatever, I got mouths to feed. And it is way better than the corporate gig I had for the 15 years before that, and that was a pretty sweet.

Tom Sawyer

You're right that we all have to attempt to live with the constraints that are imposed on us. You're also right that the rules seem to be pretty good compared to what it replaced. I feel that NH's policies are pretty out of step, but if you look at the people that participate in the system, from the legislators to the voters, they are mostly the geriatrics. It's hard to get dinosaurs to change their minds. But, as the original dinosaurs, these dinosaurs soon will be gone. I feel the goal should be to not beg for scraps, but to claim what has been won in the court of public opinion.