• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What's Your Favorite Startegy

Started by eglove, December 13, 2015, 02:41 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 13, 2015, 03:45 PM NHFT
I agree with Tom S.
It would be interesting to hear how people got to their current position.

Well since you asked sir...

There was no aha moment for me, libertarian thoughts and actions would randomly occur in my words and acts as a young person.  So it sort of bubbled up throughout my life now and then in the 1960s and 70s, but was by no means consistent or founded in anything I'd read, it was more of an undertone or a feeling that came, manifested and then slid back into my sub conscious. Of course being enrolled in public schools there was a strong institutional inhibition to even having libertarian thoughts, much less libertarian actions.   Had a crush on Pippi Longstocking as a nine year old...she was one cool independent girl!

I refused to salute the flag one day in 7th grade, (got whacked on the head for it by the public school teacher too...apparently THAT wasn't bullying though..) I  bought a house as a young man and came to understand early on that property tax was an oxymoron etc.  I engaged in cannabis related activities as far back as 1972 and reasoned it out as a teenager, that all people owned their own bodies etc.  I stood up for neighbors that were being bullied by the rest of the ahem "concerned" neighbors who wanted to force them to comply with their gang regarding the use of their property, things like that kept popping up.

I think my dad had something to do with it, he was a libertarian but didn't realize it. ( He always thought of himself as a democrat, because he usually voted that way.)  However he knew about the Federal Reserve being bad decades ago, hated the codes enforcement douches telling him what he could or couldn't do with his own property. Growing up we always went hunting so guns were respected and not the big bad wolf in our house.   Dad even had some epic rants about what shitheads the government was before it became fashionable.  Go dad!!

I voted reflexively for democrats as a younger man, but often felt at odds with some of their platforms or obvious inconsistencies.  Started voting for libertarians sometimes when they'd appear on a ballot because I reasoned even if they "were never gonna win" the ideas made alot of sense. 

In more recent years, and after reading and associating with lots of similar minded people I became more consistently libertarian. 
I was a big Ron Paul supporter in 2008, but by 2012 I had to vote for Vermin Supreme....the lure of the free pony was just too much.

Of course upon following libertarianism to its logical end I came to where I am now.  I'd self describe myself now as a Voluntaryist Panarchist Free market Weeda Clausian Elfish guy. 

Yes... I need to come up with a better self description for the sake of a cool acronym, I'll work on that.

Jay

Quote from: eglove on December 14, 2015, 02:54 AM NHFT
Or Trump will win the Presidency and people will soon forget that it's water that plants need, not electrolytes.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/poll-trump-new-high-216741

Futtbuckers.

Jay

FWIW, if I was going to focus on a specific type of person to have the best chance of "winning them over", I would pick those who are in their early 30's. They're likely going through a life-examination phase at that point, and are usually open to new ideas.

blackie

Quote from: eglove on December 14, 2015, 02:54 AM NHFTHonestly, I think we're on a track predestined track created by human action and growing intelligence with greater access to information.
dystopia

eglove

Quote from: Free libertarian on December 14, 2015, 08:48 AM NHFTVoluntaryist Panarchist Free market Weeda Clausian Elfish guy.

Where do I sign up and do you have free kool aid?

eglove

Quote from: Jay on December 14, 2015, 05:32 PM NHFT
FWIW, if I was going to focus on a specific type of person to have the best chance of "winning them over", I would pick those who are in their early 30's. They're likely going through a life-examination phase at that point, and are usually open to new ideas.

Tell 8-year-olds their teachers have no real authority over them...

Early 30's seems good, no longer distracted by the constant bombardment of public school propaganda. No longer totally dysfunctional twice a year during finals when everything in your brain gets fried out. Buuuutt... there's the issue of jadedness. People lose energy for wanting to actively change things over time... or do they just get sneakier about it? Hmm.

Tom Sawyer

I've come to believe that the best place to make advancements is on individual issues and individual situations.

I just was talking with a couple that are on the board for a homeowners association. They are in a pretty cool little community with private roads and most have a pretty much live and let live attitude. I said how I liked when I saw weird little homesteads, because it proved that freedom was accepted there. It might not be tidy or what most people would like to have, but that in order to have my freedom I needed to tolerate others choices.

Pretty quickly they began to agree with me that the reason people move to a rural setting was to be left alone.

Now if I had decided to discuss global warming or politics they wouldn't have been as friendly.

But the victory is that the next time they are deciding if they should advance the power of the homeowners association they will be on the side of live and let live.

Jay

Having fun with SFK yet, Ethan?

:glasses1:

Maybe a thing for burning witches (the outsiders of society) is still in New Englander's blood.

eglove

Quote from: Jay on December 15, 2015, 08:55 PM NHFT
Having fun with SFK yet, Ethan?

:glasses1:

Maybe a thing for burning witches (the outsiders of society) is still in New Englander's blood.

I've been told the thread will be deleted.... now I've got screenshots. Such ridiculous people. Give them a chance to talk and they get defensive and freak out like scared children. Days of ignoring their insults, I knew it'd probably be a waste. But the saddest part is that I can visibly see there are good, normal people in the mix, but the bulldogs block you from getting to them. As a result, everyone comes off as an asshole. I'd almost call it "deja vu"......

blackie

You don't move to Keene for the FSP unless you are looking for conflict.

eglove

Free libertarian

Quote from: eglove on December 14, 2015, 10:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: Free libertarian on December 14, 2015, 08:48 AM NHFTVoluntaryist Panarchist Free market Weeda Clausian Elfish guy.

Where do I sign up and do you have free kool aid?

TNSTAFKA     (There's no such thing as free kool aid.)   

Free libertarian

Quote from: eglove on December 16, 2015, 02:30 AM NHFT
An Attempted Conversation With Stop Free Keene

I read thru the posts on the link.

Some people seem to really want to cling to their hate and dissonance, like it's part of their identity.   Thanks for trying to have a discussion with the haters.

eglove

Quote from: Free libertarian on December 17, 2015, 09:10 AM NHFT
Quote from: eglove on December 16, 2015, 02:30 AM NHFT
An Attempted Conversation With Stop Free Keene

I read thru the posts on the link.

Some people seem to really want to cling to their hate and dissonance, like it's part of their identity.   Thanks for trying to have a discussion with the haters.

I think without Tammy and Susan, things would have gone much better, but still nothing would happen. Anytime someone from SFK has agreed to talk to someone from FK, that SFK member seems to have been met with the same hateful resistance. Andrea Whitcomb told me from the beginning I'd have to get permission  from her another admin that she specified if I wanted to talk to someone.

It's a hate cult.

Tom Sawyer

Susan is just a leftist ideologue who is only interested in spinning and attacking anyone that's to the right of Stalin.  ;D

I think that some of the folks over there would be uncomfortable if they had to acccept the political climate she would love to force upon them.