• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

License Plate Protest

Started by Lex, January 24, 2006, 03:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lex

I have an idea for a license plate protest. If we can get 20 or more cars to all take off their license plates and put on a plate that says "FREEDOM" or something and then we all drive down some major roads as a caravan. If a cop tries to pull one of us over we all pull over >:D

I haven't really thought about this much so it might be silly but maybe not.

Russell Kanning

I was thinking we could cover over the numbers and just leave the "Live Free or Die" at the top and "New Hampshire" at the bottom.

Lex

There were a few times when we did illegal stuff in our MINIs when in a caravan. For example Illinois is flat and the roads are straight, so it gets boring at times... to spice things up we usually go about 105 mph on open roads. One time we drove for about half an hour at 105mph passing several cop cars and nothing!  :icon_pirat:

The cops probably just don't care out there but I think the caravan concept does scare them a little. They like picking on individuals and would try to avoid a group of cars.

burnthebeautiful

You can always buy a Clearplate (http://www.clearplate.com/eng/index.php), and "clean your license plate" when going past speed-cameras.

"The Product ClearPlate 1.0 is a clever license plate holder - You simply press the button and your license plate flips in a 90 degree angle forward, this way you get rid of snow and dirt that sticks to your license plate. "

Tom Sawyer

aries

Quote from: burnthebeautiful on January 24, 2006, 05:29 PM NHFT
You can always buy a Clearplate (http://www.clearplate.com/eng/index.php), and "clean your license plate" when going past speed-cameras.

"The Product ClearPlate 1.0 is a clever license plate holder - You simply press the button and your license plate flips in a 90 degree angle forward, this way you get rid of snow and dirt that sticks to your license plate. "

Or just do what a lot of people in NH already do... get a plastic cover and muck it up on both inside and outside, then nobody can read the plates without getting really close, or wiping off dirt.

Mine's covered by snow half the year anyway

Recumbent ReCycler

Quote from: eukreign on January 24, 2006, 03:45 PM NHFT
I have an idea for a license plate protest. If we can get 20 or more cars to all take off their license plates and put on a plate that says "FREEDOM" or something and then we all drive down some major roads as a caravan. If a cop tries to pull one of us over we all pull over >:D

I haven't really thought about this much so it might be silly but maybe not.
One of my license plates already says "FREDOM".  I would have had it spelled correctly, except that I could only get 6 letters on a Veteran plate.  My other plate says "LIBERT".  As long as traffic isn't too heavy, the Spaulding Tpke is designed to be safe up to at least 110 mph.