• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Officer who held gun to man's head sentenced to 5 years in prison

Started by Silent_Bob, January 10, 2016, 09:35 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent_Bob

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/71080308-story

BOWIE, Md. - The Prince George's County Police officer who held a gun to a man's head and mouth during a stop was sentenced to five years in prison.

Jenchesky Santiago was sentenced Friday. The incident was captured on cell phone video back in May of 2014 in Bowie and happened while the man was being dropped off at his own home.

Prosecutors say Santiago accused the victim of parking illegally even though he had not.

Santiago was found guilty of first and second degree assault, use of a handgun in the commission of a crime of violence and two counts of misconduct in office.

No one was hurt in the incident.

Jim Johnson

:cartman: "No one was hurt in the incident."

How often do you see that line when it's not a cop doing the crime?

Becky Thatcher

This story doesn't surprise me at all.  PG County oinkers put the pig in Pig.

If you live in or near PG County for any time, you will either experience it yourself or hear stories about how awful they are. 

WithoutAPaddle

I normally avoid the half-baked, "pile on the cops" threads here, but Prince George's County is where a prisoner was murdered by the police while in solitary confinement a few years ago.  I don't think that there were any charges filed, but I'm not certain of that.

KBCraig

When I was doing my job searches before and right after leaving the Army in 1989, there was one employer who was always desperate for veterans: Prince George's County.

They were offering new police recruits almost $40,000 in 1989. Dallas PD was offering $23k for experienced officers, most of whom were starting in small towns for $10k.

My spidey sense told me that it was no place to be.