• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Violent Re: What is your fav

Started by Jim Johnson, December 28, 2015, 02:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

Be more violent than the people you hate....  :soapbox:  God said....

MaineShark

Quote from: Jim Johnson on December 28, 2015, 02:25 PM NHFTBe more violent than the people you hate....  :soapbox:  God said....

Usually not the best plan.  But some folks see all of the evil in the world, and react with a great deal of anger.

Recognizing that there is evil in the world is, at least, the first step towards reacting to it in a constructive manner.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: MaineShark on December 28, 2015, 03:00 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on December 28, 2015, 02:25 PM NHFTBe more violent than the people you hate....  :soapbox:  God said....

Usually not the best plan.  But some folks see all of the evil in the world, and react with a great deal of anger.

Recognizing that there is evil in the world is, at least, the first step towards reacting to it in a constructive manner.

Understanding 'what you are actually angry at' and then understanding 'why you are angry' are the first steps towards reacting in a constructive manner.

MaineShark

Quote from: Jim Johnson on December 28, 2015, 05:33 PM NHFTUnderstanding 'what you are actually angry at' and then understanding 'why you are angry' are the first steps towards reacting in a constructive manner.

Gotta disagree.  Not everyone gets angry, so the first step must come before "anger," since some walk a different path.  There must be at least one previous step, to allow them to diverge around anger instead of through it.

Tom Sawyer

It's understandable and probably to be expected that people want to retaliate with violence. Growing up most of the examples we are shown involve force. Parents, teachers, governments... history we are taught is all about force. The only difference is if you have the "better" justification.

Jim Johnson

I split this because it's not about songs anymore...  if someone could change the title, that'd be great.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on December 28, 2015, 06:54 PM NHFT
I split this because it's not about songs anymore...  if someone could change the title, that'd be great.

You blew my tiny little mind.  ;D

Good on you Jim, here on the underground we are very scholarly and insist that participants stay on topic.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: MaineShark on December 28, 2015, 05:37 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on December 28, 2015, 05:33 PM NHFTUnderstanding 'what you are actually angry at' and then understanding 'why you are angry' are the first steps towards reacting in a constructive manner.

Gotta disagree.  Not everyone gets angry, so the first step must come before "anger," since some walk a different path.  There must be at least one previous step, to allow them to diverge around anger instead of through it.

Ya see how you move the goal posts around? The video you posted, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nW-IPrzM1g, is from start to finish, about anger and violence.

WithoutAPaddle

MaineShark

Quote from: Jim Johnson on December 28, 2015, 08:06 PM NHFTYa see how you move the goal posts around? The video you posted, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nW-IPrzM1g, is from start to finish, about anger and violence.

Um, yes, it is.  Hence my comment about that.  And about how the fact that they recognize the existence of evil systems is the primary thing, not how they react.

Whether someone gets angry or not has to come after they make that discovery.  That's the path down which they went, but others go down different paths.  The first step is recognizing that there is something evil going on.  Until one recognizes that, there will be no reaction at all, angry or otherwise.

Russell Kanning

John

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on December 28, 2015, 06:57 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on December 28, 2015, 06:54 PM NHFT

You blew my tiny little mind.  ;D

Good on you Jim, here on the underground we are very scholarly and insist that participants stay on topic.

So may we share violent and/or angry songs here on this thread?  :icon_pirat:
I do not advocate violence, but do still have some old favorite songs.
Yeah, just get me started
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8egE4x9Djo
Lynyrd Skynyrd Gimme Back My Bullets

John

This one gets me.
Joan Jett rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Po6YQcO7UE
Joan Jett Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Russell Kanning

uh oh ... John has had a lot of angry Irish singing hidden under all that purple peace paint

John

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 01, 2016, 08:55 AM NHFT
uh oh ... John has had a lot of angry Irish singing hidden under all that purple peace paint

Oh my. I had not even thought of all those rebel songs. <3