• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shire Forging Gangsters

Started by Pat K, January 05, 2016, 08:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Today, some terrorist, militianist, gangsta NH folk let their home made forge go critical and burned a hole to China.

Pat K

The Chinese embassy in Washington lodged a formal complaint and prez. Obama vowed to use executive privilege to register all home forges.

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

I understand there was slave/child labor used! With the fat cat, capitalist pig dogs keeping 97% of the aluminum production and only giving the workers 3%!

eglove

I just want to put it on the record that I was absent from the premises and did not witness anything. ...It's not my fault.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: eglove on January 05, 2016, 10:38 PM NHFT
I just want to put it on the record that I was absent from the premises and did not witness anything. ...It's not my fault.

See this proves that eglove isn't a libertarian or anarchist. Exploiting the workers is a tenet of the philosophy!

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Pat K on January 05, 2016, 08:58 PM NHFT

The Chinese embassy in Washington lodged a formal complaint and prez. Obama, with fake Jimmy Swaggart tears streaming down his face, vowed to use executive privilege to register all home forges.

Register and tax.  Don't forget the tax part.

Free libertarian

I suspect they were counterfeiting aluminum pennies AND didn't have a fire permit.   :o

KBCraig

Foundry, not forge.

Jeez, get it right, steam-boy!

Tom Sawyer

How'd you get those pictures of our operation!

Russell Kanning

ok so now we know the place (eglove) and the final product (jay)

swarm swarm

Jim Johnson

We can't agree on how much to sell the $10 bills for.

I want $25 each because they're 1964 bills.

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

So the furnace that is used in the foundry can be used as a forge as well. In fact we were running it using coal and it melted a steel link of chain that Jim had welded to the crucible.

William and I built the furnace out of stuff we had on hand, except the refractory insulation which was made up of furnace cement and perlite.

When running on wood it was running like a rocket with flames shooting out of the hole in the lid. We melted though a thin walled steel container the first time we melted aluminum. The coal was less dramatic, but really hot and we got a lot of heat out of a very small amount.

We had Diamond Jim make us a crucible out of a heavy gauge steel pipe. He plasma cut a piece of plate to weld to the bottom of the pipe and welded on bolts to hang it from.

The boys enjoyed melting the soda cans and Jim showed El Brento how to use the plasma cutter. After cleaning the dross (crap) off the top of the melted aluminum and adding flux we cast the cleaned metal into the iron christmas pan. So the next step will be to make a proper mold and cast something cool from the shiny, hot, liquid metal.

Trying to come up with an idea for a product that could be sold by the homeschool kids. I was thinking drink coasters with a porcupine embossed in the surface. Any other ideas of what might sell?