• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

John Connell

Started by SethCohn, January 12, 2016, 04:44 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

lots of good comments of facebug

KBCraig

KBCraig

Quote from: blackie on January 12, 2016, 07:07 PM NHFT
I guess the question is now about the memorial service.

When and Where?

There may be more than one.

The only one I've seen announced so far is by Church of the Sword at Area 23 (254 No State St, Unit H (in the Smokestack Center) Concord, NH.), 11-1.

KBCraig

Quote from: MaineShark on January 13, 2016, 09:42 AM NHFT
Thanks, Russell.  I was just about to start a new thread for the same reason.  I wanted to talk about my friend John, not the fire.  Not to ignore his death, but to make sure that the focus is on his life.

Beautiful tribute.

I've pointed out many times that John didn't care if you worshipped 20 gods or no god, if you loved peace. He was unabashedly a Christian, but he probably had more atheists and agnostics among his "flock", than believers in any religion.

MConnell

I am truly finding comfort and enjoying thread !  Thanks for continuing to share stories and memories ! 

Tom Sawyer

Your Dad was very proud of you. I remember the way his eyes lit up when he was telling me about you.

KBCraig

Memorial service announced by Maria:

Knights of Columbus Hall
94 Washington Square
Salem, MA

Sunday, 1/17/2016, Noon-3

Everyone welcome except John Redman (Maria didn't say that, but a little bird did. The little bird agrees with pretty much everyone who is mourning John.)

KBCraig

Becky Thatcher

I told Maria at John's memorial that I would put up a link for this song by Steve Earle and the Del McCoury Band called "Pilgrim".  Sounds like it was written for John.  Makes me cry every time I listen to it while also being incredibly uplifting. 

We miss you John.  Perhaps we'll meet again on some bright highway...

https://youtu.be/7UPlD2ITlS4

Tom Sawyer

It was good to see so many people come out to show support for John's family and friends. He is indeed missed.

jerryswife

Quote from: Becky Thatcher on January 17, 2016, 09:08 PM NHFT
I told Maria at John's memorial that I would put up a link for this song by Steve Earle and the Del McCoury Band called "Pilgrim".  Sounds like it was written for John.  Makes me cry every time I listen to it while also being incredibly uplifting. 

We miss you John.  Perhaps we'll meet again on some bright highway...

https://youtu.be/7UPlD2ITlS4

Nice tribute.

Russell Kanning

It went well in Salem. We heard from his kids and friends. Some of his family were just unable to speak ... only tears.
I learned some things about John and there were many smiles.

jerryswife

I was listening to NPR this AM and they were interviewing a guy who was framed for his mother's murder when he was 17 and spent 26 years in prison before he was exhonorated and after 6 years got an award of $7 million.  They asked him how he dealt with the anger and his reply made me think of  John.

You can't travel the road to peace without first crossing the bridge of forgiveness.

Free libertarian

Quote from: jerryswife on January 24, 2016, 08:26 AM NHFT
I was listening to NPR this AM and they were interviewing a guy who was framed for his mother's murder when he was 17 and spent 26 years in prison before he was exhonorated and after 6 years got an award of $7 million.  They asked him how he dealt with the anger and his reply made me think of  John.

You can't travel the road to peace without first crossing the bridge of forgiveness.

Good thoughts.   

I will begin by forgiving you for listening to NPR.   (tee hee)

Russell Kanning