• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hampton Deliberative Session 2/5/05

Started by hamptoninsider, January 31, 2005, 02:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

hamptoninsider

Hampton is one of the four oldest towns in NH (1638).? Town is considering eliminating Town meeting form of government which is the oldest form of democracy in N. America for a city charter.? Only voter ignorance and apathy would cause such a travesty to occur.? It would be a great NH civics lesson to attend a Deliberative session (it may be extinct next year if bad politicians succeed).? This Sat. at 8:30 am until about 6pm at Winnacunnet H.S. auditorium off Winnacunnet Rd. (East of Town Hall about one mile on right).

Hampton may need to become one of NH's first truly free towns again.

Dave Ridley

John

I have this on my calendar . . . a good freind has lived in Hampton for 25 years or more . . . but he's not realy "into" this political stuff . . . what can I/we do do to help wake folks up?  Time is short.  If they change things, it is/will be much harder to turn it back.

What can I (a guy from out of town) do to help?  Maybe help start a group called "STAND UP",  "Stand Up Hampton",  "Hampton Wakes Up"?  Can we get more locals to stand up with you?

Are there some old activists who just might be looking to stand on the side of Liberty and Justice again?  Or have they all, well  . . . well, you know . . .   

I am afraid you/we don't have much time!  Whatever you/we do, we must act now.

In Liberty and Justice,
John

Lloyd Danforth

John, Slap you friend around 'till he comes into line........wait a minute........no.......we can't do that.....Never Mind!

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: hamptoninsider on February 02, 2005, 07:37 AM NHFT
John in each of our respective towns that still have town meeting form of government, a warrant petition can be drafted by a registered voter in that town and brought forward to town deliberative session with the signatures of 25 registered town voters.? It is a great way to meet and greet great
people like yourself and Dada.

John, could you get your, apethetic friend to do this?  We can get the signatures.

Rodinia

Can you attend the session if you aren't a Hampton resident?