• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Is it time to stop paying Federal Taxes?

Started by Russell Kanning, January 25, 2006, 05:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Back to the Moon: Uniting Science and Exploration
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/060516_science_tuesday.html

"Simply sponging off the heritage of Apollo is not good enough. Indeed, NASA finds itself without a legacy to stand on."
....especially if we never made it the first time. Maybe this time they could put in the protections to actually get men to the moon. But I don't want to pay for it. I don't think I will. :)

Russell Kanning

United Nations officials said last week that they were looking into reports that an unnamed country had violated the U.N. arms embargo on Somalia by providing support to the warlord alliance. John R. Bolton, the American ambassador to the U.N., denied that the U.S. had violated the embargo.

Analysts say U.S. support for select warlords in Somalia has been an open secret since 2002. "They don't provide weapons, but they provide the cash, which is easier anyway," Prendergast said.

Right out of your pockets. Is it time?

Tunga

the word ?employee? found at 26 USC 3401 (c) includes servants or elected officials of the United States

tracysaboe

Bump.

When will it be time to stop paying federal taxes if it's not time now?

Tracy

Russell Kanning

Dreepa

Dreepa

This thread was mentioned today in the Concord Monitor in a Front Page article.

Quotes from people here.
Not online as of yet.

tracysaboe

CNHT

Well since they seem to read this forum, and since they may not publish rebuttals, I'll post mine here:

Concord Monitor Prints Garbage

The flaws in Margot-Sanger Katz's article about Tax Resistors are so many that I do not know where to begin!

First of all, quoting Daniel Levitas' book, "The Terrorist Next Door: The Militia Movement and the Radical Right" suggests that those who oppose paying taxes are somehow dangerous people when they are rarely. This is a most egregious misrepresentation since most if not all tax protestors are mainstream citizens like anyone else. I don't see how the Brown's are not considered mainstream, since they have been living peacefully and minding their own business for years. She is after all a dentist!

In another statement she suggests that other than for political reasons, not wanting to pay taxes is for purely selfish reasons, with people hoping to 'pocket the money'. What is wrong with wanting to keep what you have earned? She does not ever touch on the 'greed' that is the government's always asking for more and more money.

In another place, the article states that the Southern Poverty Law Center monitors 'hate and extremist groups, including tax protesters'. I find this outrageous in that it again catgorizes people who do not want to pay as some sort of violent or hateful people. This is just pure propaganda for which the CM should be ashamed of itself.
What give SPLC the right to monitor and brand people for their choices? Who annointed them an arm of the IRS?

Finally, the reason the tax system has survived is because most people are subject to fear and intimidation and threat of confiscation by IRS agents and do not choose to stop paying.

The bottom line is, there is no 'extremist fanatasy' that the government robs us by force. People in the middle income bracket are just tired of supporting the welfare state and other things the government is doing while the very wealthy get a break.

The Concord Monitor as a newspaper will never be taken seriously if it continues to put out garbage articles such as Katzs'.

Kat Kanning

When it comes to the media, Jane only sees the downside of things.  The article wasn't that bad.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: lawofattraction on June 11, 2006, 04:46 PM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on May 17, 2006, 03:52 AM NHFT....especially if we never made it the first time. Maybe this time they could put in the protections to actually get men to the moon.

Do you actually believe in the "we never went to the moon" idea?
Yea

AlanM

Quote from: russellkanning on June 11, 2006, 08:30 PM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on May 17, 2006, 03:52 AM NHFT....especially if we never made it the first time. Maybe this time they could put in the protections to actually get men to the moon.

Yea

There is probably as much evidence that it happened as there is evidence that the Gov's story about 9/11 happened as they say it did.   ;)

CNHT

Quote from: katdillon on June 11, 2006, 08:26 PM NHFT
When it comes to the media, Jane only sees the downside of things.  The article wasn't that bad.

Well, just being defensive of my own kind.    :-*

I resent that the NUMEROUS people I know (such as yourselves) who hate paying taxes being called 'hate groups' when that couldn't be further from the truth!

They would have to dig far and wide before they found an actual tax resistor that was a 'hate group'.

They are also fond of using the word 'conspiracy theorists' when in fact they charged the Browns with 'conspiracy' among other things. Pretty hypocritical.

AlanM

Quote from: lawofattraction on June 11, 2006, 10:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: AlanM on June 11, 2006, 08:33 PM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on June 11, 2006, 08:30 PM NHFT
Yea
There is probably as much evidence that it happened as there is evidence that the Gov's story about 9/11 happened as they say it did.   ;)

You too, huh? I guess I'd call myself an agnostic on the idea because I have never studied it very deeply. I have studied it a little, though, and find it to be interesting. And I certainly agree with the idea of questioning the establishment version of... everything!

Actually, no, not me. It's just my pointing out that folks will believe a lot, if it comes from the Gov. Why? Oh, maybe because of that silly symbol we wave on Memorial Day and the 4th of July.
What I say is: Believe nothing the Gov says, unless there is incontrovertible proof from sources you trust. (And I don't mean CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, or the other major media.)