• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Library says no to FBI

Started by Kat Kanning, January 26, 2006, 12:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

They didn't want to sieze any computers, they wanted to examine them

I don't know why they didn't get a warrant. Probably expediency.  I don't care.  I don't have any more faith in a judge than I do a cop.

I can't imagine why they would conspire with Brandeis to come up with a phony bomb threat and claim it came from that library.  I guess it was an elaborate test to see if they could get away with it.

I'm coming around though.  I guess there is no reason for anyone to investigate, or, for that matter, to even respond to a bomb threat.  The odds are pretty good that there will be no bomb anyway.  And if there is....well... there's too many fucking colleges in the Boston area, anyway!

tracysaboe

Quote from: lildog on January 27, 2006, 01:21 PM NHFT
Quote from: JonM on January 27, 2006, 10:28 AM NHFT
The federal government doesn't own the local library.  Do we not stand for state sovereignty?  What good are laws and procedures if you only follow them when they are convenient?

So you don't think different branches of the government should be allowed access to information the other has????

Well there you go... vote for Clinton again!  He set up just such a reality and that's why the federal government failed to comunicate prior to 9-11 and look where that got us!

Exactly,

Quite frankly, we would have been better off with Kerry and a Republican Congress. Better that they're shooting bullets at each other then cooporating and shooting them at us.

The founding fathers designed the checks and balances in our system -- both the horizontal seperation of powers and the vertical Federal/State/Local seperation of powers.

Trust me, you don't want the government to work efficiently. You want it to be as gridlocked as possible. The more efficient government is, the more capible it is of hurting you.

Tracy

Pat McCotter

No. I want it streamlined so it will implode faster. >:D

JonM

tracysaboe

Quote from: patmccotter on January 28, 2006, 04:15 AM NHFT
No. I want it streamlined so it will implode faster. >:D

But see that's the problem. It doesn't implode faster. But when it does it causes that much more of a market correction and even more people wil get hurt.

No. Stall it's expansion as much as possible and try to destroy it before it gets to big that it's implosion will hurt a lot of people.

JonM is right. It's more of an explosion.

Tracy

Pat McCotter