• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

Started by Tom Sawyer, March 22, 2016, 01:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

blackie

I went to Rogers campground during porcfest a couple years ago. The first year Chris Cantwell was banned. All the drama around that was a turnoff to me. I didn't care one way or the other, but people couldn't shut up about it.

I wasn't impressed with Rogers as a venue. The motel was a little run down.

I didn't go back last year, and don't plan on going this year.

I went to liberty forum this year. Not a big fan of Manchester, but the Radisson is ok. No plans to do that again.

not my thang

I don't get these people that think it's a big thing not to go.

Jay

Quote from: blackie on March 29, 2016, 08:53 AM NHFT
I don't get these people that think it's a big thing not to go.

I think some people may base their happiness around a once a year festival. Of course, that leads to a lot of problems...

I'm too anti-social to care much about it. I sold food the entire time, save for an hour here and there, 4 out of the 6 years I went. There are calmer places to do drugs anyway, lol.

Tom Sawyer

Me and the boy will go and camp again this year. It's a chance for him to run with the other young folks. He sleeps well, all the activity.  :)

Of course we won't be able to squat at Jim and Lauren's site this time. I mean a place for our tent and coffee every morning, pretty dang good deal.

PorcFest will be the lesser for the absence of the Johnson/Canario team. No giant stick porcupines, metal sculptures or porcupine brandings. They will be missed, some of the others not so much.

I've never been to Liberty Forum. I don't think I've ever payed to go to a conference. Usually I'm payed to go or at the minimum comped for room and board.

I hope some of the folks reconsider, but life goes on either way.

Russell Kanning

and now when a thug tells me to live in Somalia, it won't require a passport

Puke

The FSP should have cut business ties, not banned. I see Ian like the tale of Icarus. He flew too high into the sun of the promise of libertopia without thinking about the blowback. When he came out openly dating Renee I was on the fence about being openly associated with the FSP or Free Keene in this town. That sealed my resolve to dissociate from what was going to become an eventual disaster of PR.
I miss the days of Keen activism being about making the gov't look like fools. Not acting like fools just to have something to film and throw up on Free Keene.

Tom Sawyer

We seem to be missing some posts? I'm also missing some recent PMs.

Good to hear you chime in Puke.

dalebert

Quote from: Jay on April 02, 2016, 12:03 PM NHFT
Is everyone that overcomes their fear of illogical social shame a narcissist?

He thinks he has all the answers and can do no wrong. He seems to see himself as a messiah to the masses. He seems to think he has a sort of mystical power granted to him by virtue of being morally pure--that if he lives his life as a free person, it will set the world around him free. He tunes out anyone who speaks anything that defies his mystical vision. I think he was mostly a level-headed guy at one point who was just potentially vulnerable to losing it and it started going downhill and getting extra culty when he and Sam got on board The Secret train and the Law of Attraction and all that mystical bullshit.

Do you think I'm just talking about the pedo stuff? I felt this way long before he got really obsessed with age of consent issues and started evangelizing about that.

blackie

Quote from: dalebert on April 03, 2016, 07:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jay on April 02, 2016, 12:03 PM NHFT
Is everyone that overcomes their fear of illogical social shame a narcissist?

He thinks he has all the answers and can do no wrong. He seems to see himself as a messiah to the masses. He seems to think he has a sort of mystical power granted to him by virtue of being morally pure--that if he lives his life as a free person, it will set the world around him free. He tunes out anyone who speaks anything that defies his mystical vision. I think he was mostly a level-headed guy at one point who was just potentially vulnerable to losing it and it started going downhill and getting extra culty when he and Sam got on board The Secret train and the Law of Attraction and all that mystical bullshit.

Do you think I'm just talking about the pedo stuff? I felt this way long before he got really obsessed with age of consent issues and started evangelizing about that.
Ian has always been weird about age of consent.

At the end of this clip you say Ian is one of the most well adjusted people you know. Ian didn't change, you did.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tnSixDLrGlw

Tom Sawyer

He gets really loud and strong defending blowing some guy when he was 10 for a video game. I think that is the crux of the biscuit.

dalebert

Quote from: blackie on April 03, 2016, 09:32 PM NHFT
Ian didn't change, you did.

I won't deny that. I was drinking the Kool-Aid for a while when I lived in Keene. I got caught up in the us vs. them phenomena that tends to happen. At the time I said it, I believed it. I got to know him better over time.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 04, 2016, 07:20 AM NHFT
He gets really loud and strong defending blowing some guy when he was 10 for a video game. I think that is the crux of the biscuit.

Crux of the biscuit?

...now the Frank Zappa songs are playing in my head.   Great googly moogly!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on April 04, 2016, 12:08 PM NHFT

Crux of the biscuit?

;D

"I injured the fur trapper."

Nice to hear the cultural connection.

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Free libertarian on April 04, 2016, 12:08 PM NHFT

Crux of the biscuit?

St. Alphonso would be proud of me!  ;D 8)

Free libertarian

Is that a real poncho or a sears poncho ?   

Becky Thatcher

Who you jiving with that cosmik debris?

And of course "Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow!"  Kind of appropriate with all the snow we got today.  ;D