• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Topic for when we visit the Shire

Started by Russell Kanning, April 13, 2016, 09:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I am putting this here so I can find the thread each time. :)

We are delivering in Keene on Monday the 18th.

We pick up in NJ on Friday. We might have time to visit the fixit man in Winchester.

Jim Johnson

Russell Kanning

I need more side skirt repairs.
I need to find a place to park the trailer, like across the street.

Becky Thatcher

Woohoo!!  Hopefully Tom and the boy will be back for your visit.  They are down near the Death Star on the Potomac, so will probably be in need of some Shire time hanging out with friends.

I see pie in my future... ;)

Jim Johnson

The neighbor was not interested in renting a spot to park a trailer.

Russell Kanning

oh ... interesting .... thanks for asking.
I have a place north of Keene, but a little too far. hhhmmm
Someone hit our mirror while we are gone in the truckstop parking lot here in CT. Keeping up the little things is constant.
One time we parked at the closed circuit city across from Target.

Russell Kanning

We should be parked in Keene by Saturday morning, if anyone wants to get together with us.

We will be doing small fixes on the rig, when the Winchester pit crew can get to us.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Becky Thatcher on April 13, 2016, 01:12 PM NHFT
Woohoo!!  Hopefully Tom and the boy will be back for your visit.  They are down near the Death Star on the Potomac, so will probably be in need of some Shire time hanging out with friends.

I see pie in my future... ;)
Mmmm, pie. Although, I don't know if Vincent van Growl can make "dog stomp pie".

Once we are done saving this part of the world we look forward to spending time with ya'll back in the Shire. Doctors, lawyers and dope growers... Oh my. Tales of medical miracles, leading edge research and discovery, accented by heart rending personal accounts of a life sentence for less than an ounce of the demon weed.  Reformed drug warriors sharing a stage with victims of the war on (some) drugs. We've been well received by the good people of Baltimore.

Russell Kanning

cool
We are safely parked in Keene. We unload Monday morning.
We are within walking distance of the Keene Buffet if we wanted to meet up there sometime.
The Johnson will tinker with our truck sometime this weekend.

Russell Kanning

we got a whole lot fixed on the truck
I got to go to Social Sundays in Keene and had a blast.

Russell Kanning

We deliver in Bennington VT on Tuesday, so we might be back over there soon.
The loads are paying better and giving us more choices.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 24, 2016, 09:50 AM NHFT
We deliver in Bennington VT on Tuesday, so we might be back over there soon.
The loads are paying better and giving us more choices.

Be careful on Route 9, tricky little two lane.

WithoutAPaddle

Just don't cross the southern border, or you might run afoul of Clarksburg's infamous Hairpin Curve!

http://www.iberkshires.com/blog/3087/TractorTrailerMissesHairpinTurn.html

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

that one is as tight as the wolf creek pass in Colorado

one of the craziest I have been on is the road up big cottonwood canyon in Salt Lake .... the ski bus doesn't make 2 of the turns ... it just drives up backwards between them.