• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

DC-out-of-NH protest / litter pickup 6/26/2016

Started by Dave Ridley, June 10, 2016, 05:37 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

What: Litter pickup, DC-out-of-NH demonstration
When: Sun, June 26 2016, 5-7pm
Where: Outside Norris Cotton Fed Bldg / 275 Chestnut St / Manchester, NH
Who: Supporters of NHexit.com or NH autonomy in general. 
Why: Advocate NH's increased autonomy within, or peaceable withdrawal from, the U.S...in light of Brexit & bad presidential options this year
How: 5-6p: Pick up trash within ~2 blocks of the building, (closest thing we can do to cleaning up Washington's dirty influence).
6-7p: Hold signs, etc.
7:15p-?:  Meet at Murphy's Diner, just south of Elm & Granite.
Follow-up plan (mine at least): Push for submission of independence bill, or something similar, at state house. Leverage resulting publicity - and new Fed abuses - toward expansion of independence movement.

Main discussion: https://www.facebook.com/events/1019479734802877/
Permalink:  http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=27741.msg361202#msg361202
How you can improve this event: http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=27741.msg361208#msg361208

During the last seven decades, New Hampshire has suffered over a dozen wasteful, sadistic DC administrations. Each have misruled and weakened us from their distant swamp, providing taxation in return for little more than a pretense of representation. Not one of these has left office with a smaller government than it inherited. Accountable in name only, Washington has used our money to undertake abuses ranging from medievalist torture chambers in Afghanistan to the confiscation of lawfully borne firearms in New Orleans. They have turned our rivers orange and seas black. More recently and locally, they have arrested or helped prosecute various edgy-but-harmless New Hampshirites...from the colorful pot guru Rich Paul to Rochester Bundy supporter Jerry DeLemus.

Now, we face the specter of domination by one of two tyrants, either full of ominous promise, both positioned to be uniquely authoritarian figures in our history. It's time to discuss an "outside the box" alternative, one that does not hope to fix or operate upon the rotted Federal system...one which, rather, harnesses that rot as a source of fuel for escape. Independence from the U.S. is a contentious concept, but its chances of eventual success seem better than those of the hapless third parties and liberty PACs. Reuters reports that 24% of Americans already want their states to leave the union.

There's no good reason for NH to remain inside the Federal Titanic. The bad reason most commonly cited is usually something along the lines of "they'll hurt you." There's truth in this, but threats and fear of retaliation are reasons for us to leave, not reasons to stay. And the path to independence is not necessarily complex. It is already underway. In 2012, the NH State House passed HR25...which reads:

"...all compulsory federal legislation that directs States to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties or sanctions or that requires States to pass legislation or lose federal funding are prohibited."

Washington is in continual violation of at least the spirit of this resolution; Fed funding/withholding is at the core of its control over states. So some of us would like state reps to take the next step, perhaps drawing up a declaration of independence or simple bill that would peaceably end Washington rule here. This would need to be submitted multiple times before winning. But it's the move which strikes at the root, rather than the branches, of the misrule we suffer. Even in "failure to pass," independence drives partially succeed. Scotland and Quebec are treated more cautiously by their central governments because they have strong (technically unsuccessful) autonomy movements. London and Ottawa hesitate to commit abuses in those areas for fear the restless provinces will become breakaway nations. Developments in the U.S. Federal system are a reminder: If we want to be treated cautiously, we need a growing independence movement here as well.

Dave Ridley
NHexit.com

Russell Kanning

Dave Ridley

As you may know I sometimes do open carry litter pickups.  This is not designated as such, and I don't plan to open carry there since I tend to view guns as useful only for stopping non-government threats and invading foreign Powers.   It probably sends a mixed message to the authorities, i.e. it waters down the Ganhdi-style message in this context.  You, of course, can do more or less any peaceable thing you like.

Additional details / updates...  The idea here was to time a demonstration at roughly the moment 300-500 liberty folk will be passing near the building on their way home from PorcFest.  It might tend to boost turnout, and help turn porcfest into more of an opportunity for demonstration. The amount of partying is already sufficient. 

In the usual attempt to follow the Gandhi playbook, I've also informed authorities of this demonstration:

crcl@dhs.gov

Msg. for Mike Therrien (FPS boss for Northern New England)

Dear folks at the DHS complaint address:  I couldn't find a way to email Federal Protective Services or Therrien directly, so could you pass this on to him/them for me please?   Since it details my planned protest, "complaints" was the least bad place I could find, to file it.  Thanks, and thanks for actually *having* a complaint email....

----

Colonel:  Wanted to inform you in advance of this demonstration I have called, outside the Norris Cotton Building:

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=27741.0

Yours with best wishes,

Dave Ridley
RidleyReport.com

Dave Ridley

Ways you can help; some you can do even if you won't be there:

) I could use a volunteer to post a printout of the above news release, on the physical porcfest bulletin board at the campground office. Would one of you be willing to do that, and ensure that it remains visible more or less throughout the event?  Adding a pic to it would be nice; I can provide you one if needed.  If you could post a stack of copies of it, rather than just one, this will let people take copies instead of just look.   Obviously you only want to take up one space on the main bulletin board.
   (I now have a volunteer for this)
1) We could use someone to let us put the trash in their pickup or what not ...and transport it away.
2) New Hampshire flags would be helpful; I don't have one.
3) I'll bring probably 2 signs and one Gadsden flag, and it's rare for a protest to have more signs than people.  But bringing extras of your own, or signmaking stuff, may help.
4) It would help to have suggestions regarding what the next steps should be or for improving on these types of events.
5) I probably won't have any grabber sticks for picking up the trash, so those would help.
6) Spread the word as you see fit
7) Bring a megaphone if you like; don't bother any bystanders if you can help it...
8 ) If you were to write NHexit.com somewhere on your sign, etc,  that would be helpful.
9) Inviting others to the event via Facebook would also be helpful.
10) I'll be lugging around too much stuff so if you have a pack mule you could bring, that would be nice.  Or if you identify as one and would like to carry some stuff, that also works LOL.
    (I have one volunteer for this; wouldn't hurt to have a backup in case he hits a moose on the way or something)!
11) It would be nice to have someone planning and leading more NH independence events...generally I'd rather support your events than lead my own.

Dave Ridley

Sent to Union Leader:

"(Letter to the Editor, for publication)

If you're tired of living under a Federal government which turns our rivers orange and seas black, if you object to their persecution of NH pot guru Rich Paul or NH Bundy supporter Jerry DeLemus...
If you remember their medievalist torture chamber at Bagram in Afghanistan or their seizure of lawfully borne firearms during the Katrina criris:    Join supporters of NHIndependence.org outside the Norris Cotton Federal building on Sunday, June 26.   Starting at 5pm we'll pick up litter within 2 blocks of the area - that's the only way we can clean up Washington's dirty influence for now!  An hour later we'll demonstrate in front of the building to show our desire to see NH become an independent country.  Search my name on Facebook, contact me there for details or check the forums at NHFree.com."

LTE sent to Concord Monitor:

"On Sunday, June 26...supporters of NHIndependence.org will demonstrate outside the Norris Cotton Federal building at Manchester.  Both of the leading presidential picks this year seem more likely to "lead" us into bondage this year than much of anything else.  No New Hampshirite deserves to be ruled by either.  The plan is to pick up litter within two blocks of the facility starting at 5pm; an hour later we demonstrate.  Learn more by visiting the forums at NHFree.com or you can search my name on FaceBook and email me there."

LTE sent to Nashua Telegraph:

"As you may - or more likely may not - be aware, there is a small independence movement in New Hampshire.  As in...withdraw-from-the-union independence.  This shouldn't be a surprise; Reuters reports that 24% of Americans already want their states to leave this rotted Empire. Some of us will express that wish in person, 5pm on Sunday, June 26.  Join us then outside the Norris Cotton Federal Building in Manchester...we'll pick up trash in the area and demonstrate an hour later.  You shouldn't have to be ruled by either of the top Palpetines-in-waiting as they near the White House.  More details on the independence movement appear at NHIndependence.org...for details on this independent-even-from-them event, search my name on Facebook and contact me.  Or see the forums at NHFree.com for information." 

Sent to some of the folks who are coming:
"Would you be in a position to invite more folks to the independence demonstration? My FaceBook invite interface is locked up so I'm having trouble sending invitations.  Thanks for the interest in it."

NHIndependence.org has a URL that is too long for signs.   So I've just bought NHIndie.org and redirected it to NHIndependence.org

Russell Kanning

Dave Ridley

about 42 listed interested and about 18 listed as "going..."  assuming 1/4 the combined total plus a couple off-facebook folks attend...I'd project turnout of 18.

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Free libertarian

But but if NH secedes hordes of Mainers will breach the eastern border  and make us say "lobstah".

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Free libertarian on June 28, 2016, 08:42 AM NHFT

But but if NH secedes hordes of Mainers will breach the eastern border  and make us say "lobstah".

They can't get here from there.

Russell Kanning

Dave Ridley

Looks like Derrick has already scheduled another demonstration....see http://nhexit.com for details.

Free libertarian

Just for fun, somebody advocating NH secession should cite Maggie Hassan has already lead the way, when she agreed to ignore the federal prohibition on marijuana when she ahem "allowed" medical marijuana in NH.

I can't wait until more micro nations join Free Grafton in a repudiation of the Federal Plantation system.   In the words of our sojourning young and wise elected Emperor, "if you don't vote you can't complain" !  <SMIRK>