• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NHexit.com discussion

Started by Dave Ridley, June 23, 2016, 10:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on July 11, 2016, 08:52 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 10, 2016, 10:33 PM NHFT
How about we start up a provisional government building up to the split?

I'm gonna need an office with a window.

To heck with a window... I want a hot assistant.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 11, 2016, 08:54 AM NHFT

To heck with a window... I want a hot assistant.

Click your heels together three times Dorothy and say "there's no place like home". 

Dave Ridley

Well one reason for not forming a parallel government might be the fact we already have about 6 layers of government to deal with and this could wind up just being a seventh constricting us.  Maybe it also would be too reminiscent of the chest puffing Republic of Texas faction which declared it was the government of Texas in the 90s and just came off as batshit.  Maybe others have tried this sort of thing with success however...  I guess Michael Collins' boys or maybe de Valera set up some sort of court system and provisional government during the 1920 era conflict.   No one laughs at that bunch, but their activity was followed by the Irish Civil War so I wouldn't get too pumped up about using them as a model.   The existing NH system is pretty well designed...once separated from DC it would have a chance to shine.   

Maybe I'm wrong on all this thinking.... I was wrong about the desirability of secession once.  Good discussion to have.

Dave Ridley

Thanks to all who attended or supported today's demonstration at the FBI office...the level of turnout was unspectacular at roughly 9. Public response was unanimously positive again except for possibly one negative that I couldn't hear well enough to be sure of and also a guy who seemed like a cop requesting (reasonably) that some demonstrators shift their position a little so he could see oncoming traffic. There were probably about 35 honks and whoops during the two hour period. No reporters showed up or made contact, although I sent news releases to about 30 organizations. It turned into a sign wave on 101, that was a good idea on the part of the other demonstrators rather than me. 2000 people per hour could see the demonstration.
On the way in some office workers fell in behind me, and when Melissa yelled "NHexit!" out their car window at me... you could hear them reacting. They obviously knew right away what we were about once they heard that phrase.
I called Free Talk Live tonight about the demonstration.
What problems did you folks see with this demo, the way it was set up, and what are the solutions to those problems? One problem was that the signs didn't make it very clear who we were, most folks driving by at first probably would not have seen any NHexit.com urls. I wound up not filming much and workin on that problem instead. I made a second sign that only said
"NH
Exit Dot
Com"
It could be read from about 150 yards. I tried to spend most of the time at the tail end of the line of demonstrators about 50 yards from the nearest protester. When demonstrators spread out along a road then drivers can read each sign one at a time and maybe the last sign they see should be the URL. It's one tiny phrase that that says more than any phrase we've ever been able to use. Probably the ideal is groups of 2 at 50 yard intervals...that way you have somene to talk to but hopefully you don't block each others' signs.
There wasn't much trash to pick up; we got about 2 grocery bags full. Folks spent most of the 2 hours at the sign wave. Special thanks to Randy for providing rides to so many people and that big possibly expensive Snowden-Hillary sign.
Film at 11 lol. Or more like 11 tommorrow :)
My report is a little ridleycentric by virtue of not standing very close to the group. Any of you have reports or ideas?

Jay

9 people, wow. So much for those 2000 movers.

Russell Kanning

I don't want to sidetrack the nhexit.com idea if you guys think the current NH Government should just leave the US.
I am just thinking that if we wait for the state of NH to agree with us, it might take longer. In the meantime we could set up another system and start fixing things. :)
Maybe it needs to be another push and we can support each other as much as we can. :)

Russell Kanning

See there we go. All we need is about 100 other governments to recognize us.

Tom Sawyer

My thought is that there were 9 people that weren't doing this before. First step of the thousand mile journey and all that.

8)

Russell Kanning

and they looked so happy .... just the mere glimmer of independence is exciting

Dave Ridley

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 12, 2016, 01:20 PM NHFT
My thought is that there were 9 people that weren't doing this before. First step of the thousand mile journey and all that.

8)

Thanks Tom.

Free libertarian

8)

Good point.  Every drop of rain helps to fill the pond or something like that.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Free libertarian on July 12, 2016, 10:12 PM NHFT

8)

Good point.  Every drop of rain helps to fill the pond or something like that.

If you need to fill the pond quickly, lies make baby Jesus cry.

Dave Ridley

Updated the media coverage post again today...yes believe it or not there is still new media coverage of NHexit.   http://nhexit.com has a link to it.

andy1337

Hi, I'm Andy Surtees from Facebook.
I could do some of the "GlobalGuy" stuff. I've been involved in the Brexit campaign for years and could probably hook you up with some more prominent Brexiteers for podcasts etc at some point; although all the top ones are pretty busy now and for the next few months.
They'll also probably just say what I've been saying - that Brexit was a multi-decade campaign and NHexit is, if anything, harder.
If I were you, I'd start by building an intellectual basis for NHexit - get some people to write some pretty thick books about how the whole thing would work and why it'd be better. Let those percolate for a couple of years, start a party, get some seats in the State House (at least that part probably isn't too hard), eventually pass a motion on a NHexit referendum, then get 51% in that, and you're out. It'll be difficult and it won't happen before probably 2030 or so, but it's doable and I hope you do it :)

Russell Kanning

all of those are good idea
Someday will have to run on the Free State Party platform.