• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NHexit.com discussion

Started by Dave Ridley, June 23, 2016, 10:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

We need to decentralize NHexit activity, which is too much of a RidleyShow at this point.  Here a list of who's doing what and of the roles we need filled. We're starting to near to the point where the endeavor should be able to operate well without me. But we have a ways to go.  We could probably use backups for each role.  The volunteers named below have agreed to be publicly named or have publicly named themselves. Unless otherwise noted you can use their name to contact them through Facebook. 

These in roughly the first half of the list can be done from nearly anywhere:

) Twitter warrior:
Meanwhile, as of July 14 one of them has apparently gotten right on it and is finding/tweeting stuff the rest of us didn't know about.  Yay and thanks! 
) Issue page builder:  Create or write one or more "issue pages."  This was someone's idea who was at the June 26 protest. For example, we could have one page that details the gun freedom we'd achieve if we were independent and suddenly had only the few state gun laws instead of many Fed ones.  In some cases it may just be a case of linking to the stuff NHIndependence.org put up. 
) Delegator: Find other people who would be willing to undertake any of the above roles
) Free Range Exiter: The best thing you can do is probably the peaceful act that is self generated and fun for you.  But don't be too humble. As a rule, broadcast your accomplishments on this thread or at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1056520281105982/
Distant demonstrator: If you're out of state at a point in time where there is some sort of crackdown on independence here...you can presumably just head to your nearest Fed building or U.S. embassy with a sign.  Distance might be a magnifier here.
) Inviter: Need folks to reach out to various interest groups around the state - sympathetic and unsympathetic.  Invite them to our online discussion group(s).   
) Adviceter-Meister: Tell us what other roles we should list or whatever you might think we are doing wrong.
) Live shot star -  The big Hillary July 12 Portsmouth event is a reminder how easy it would be for one person with an NHexit.com sign to stand in the background during reporter live standups. Or at any event which has live TV reporters.  If they try to stop you then you just film the process...even if they succeed you wind up with a viral video you can either upload or send to me.  It's hard for me to do this because if I'm at such an event I tend to be tied down shootinf videos.  Might be best to spare the New Hampshire stations from the "horror of having their live shot look more interesting."
) Event exploiter - going to any big event with an NHexit.com sign is potentially useful...especially if its political and you get photographed by the media or even yourself.  Anything you get that can be uploaded, we can probably publicize.  Or you can just write stuff on our discussion board about your experience. Maybe you could also set up a FaceBook event for it even if you can't go...just make sure a lot of us know about it.
) Bumper boss: Need a T-shirt design and bumper sticker design, perhaps other designs like flyers. (This idea came from one of the June 26 demonstrators). As you know we do have a good logo...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153513987555059&set=pcb.1070009633090380&type=3&theater 
Update: Andrew Vermiglio has at least one bumper design up and is planning more:   http://www.zazzle.com/collections/nhexit-119735898804009711

) Summarizer:  Someone who can take the most important information (usually from our FaceBook discussion group) and summarize or repost it on this forum.  That will make it more findable in the future.  FaceBook is good for immediate stuff; forums are better for long term.
) "Example historian":  Someone to look at previous successful independence movements and give us a sense what made them successful.  Or what made other movements fail...   Andy Surtees has volunteered for this and I think may have a front row seat for the Brexit.  More eyes on the issue would probably not hurt.
) Exit lister  This idea comes from Ofer Nave, who writes: "someone should compile a list of all independence movements with links to FB pages, twitters, etc, so we can do our armchair activism thing efficiently to boost the numbers."
) Talking point builder:  Someone who can find the most compelling benefits of independence, complete with stats or legislative quotes.  My current favorite is the fact that U.S. departure would technically mean flying cars are suddenly legal here... I think.  But that sounds pretty "car in the sky" so there are presumably better advantages to name.
) Website admins (for the NHexit.com wordpress site): Randy Clemens https://www.facebook.com/RandyClemensEsq
Mike Lorrey https://www.facebook.com/mike.lorrey and me obviously.
) NHIndependence dot org helpers - The "Foundation for New Hampshire Independence" tends to do booth/flyer type outreach at events and may be purchasing ads.  They also can take tax deductable donations.
Wiki Warrior:   This list does not yet include New Hampshire:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_separatist_movements_in_North_America#United_States
Can you add us?

The roles/projects below might require your physical presence in New Hampshire:

) Printmeister : Someone to buy/print some of these designs and bring them to events to hand out.  Andrew Criscione has  volunteered to print paper things efficiently, probably just small things, just look him up on Facebook.  Also I think as of August 13 there is a 60 percent chance he will have flyers or something dropped off at the Quill in Manchester for your free use. As with most of the other roles...having a backup person might help. Someone wrote:  "I think a ftl advertiser wis a printing shop that takes bitcoin. Obviously liberty friendly."
) Media contacts: (Right now there's Dave Ridley and Cameron Barr...probably enough for the moment) Update Aug 11:  Cameron may be making practice calls to Free Talk Live so he can get used to interacting with press.   
) Event organizer:(multiple people could do this independently, each deciding and hosting different events, setting the Facebook page, etc).  We have one person planning a possible event and of course "Derrick J Freeman" has already posted one.
) Liaison with Vermont independence folk  - Matthew St James has volunteered to do this. Update: Matthew has said he won't be doing it after all.  One other person has volunteered to make contact but hasn't decided which state to contact.  As with most of the other roles...having a backup person might help.
) Liaison with Texit folk - Matthew St James has volunteered to do this and has initiated contact. As with most of the other roles...having a backup person might help.  Update: Matthew has said he won't be doing this any more.
) Liaison with Republic of New Africa folks (just discovered them): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_New_Afrika
) Liaison with CAexit folk (California) Matthew St James has indicated a desire to do this. As with most of the other roles...having a backup person might help. Action taken July 13: Matthew contacted Yes California and posted about it to the FB discussion group. He's encouraging us to say hi.  I'll do that now but leave most of the rest to him.  Update: Matthew has said he won't be doing this any more. But here's a link he sent me first:  https://www.facebook.com/YesCalifornia/?ref=br_rs
) Liaison with Hawaii exit folk
) Liaison with Alaska independence folk
) Liaison with Quebec independence folk - Caleb Dyer has volunteered for this and speaks French.  He's recommended we have a second liaison who also speaks french.  I contacted someone in their movement but haven't heard back. 
) Liaison with Liberland folks.  William Cerf has volunteered for this and already had some contact.  As with most of the other roles...having a backup person might help.  Dave Ridley speaks Croatian (which means he basically speaks Bosnian and Serbian too).  Holler at him if that becomes relevant at some point. 
) Liaison with Alaska independence folk
) Liaison with Scottish independence folk
) Liaison with Catalonia independence folk
) Liaison with Brexit folk Andy Surtees has volunteered for this.
) GlobalGuy: Maybe we should have contact with other independence movements and/or Estonian/Slovak/Slovene folk since they've pulled off successful independence drives. Name your region or movement I guess and perhaps we can make you our liaison.
) Video storyteller I remember someone suggested building stories (presumably video stories) about NH independence advocates and what they experience in their day to day life that made them support independence. Do you have a YouTube channel?!!  Anyone else want to do this?
) Social media butterfly: Promote our events via social media. I don't do much Twitter or Reddit so we need you there for example.  Action ~July 14 One of our volunteers has apparently started a Reddit thingie for us; thank you!  https://www.reddit.com/user/NHExit
) GraniteGandhi:  Are you willing to openly violate a questionable Federal rule and draw attention to your concerns?  Then you're worth your weight in millibits. 
) CableCharacter: Start an NHX related cable access show in your area
) LTE writer:  If you can write letters to the editor related to NHexit, that will help....especially if they publicize our events a week in advance.  Let us know whether they do or don't publish. Ridley has written six and only one has published for certain...in the Valley News. 
) Flyer jockey: Post NHexit flyers in hi-traffic areas, maybe upload pics of it.   Two folks have expressed an interest in doing do this and have been electronically connected with our current printmeister (see above).  We could use a more or less unlimited number of flyer jockeys. The current flyer is at:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1056520281105982/files/
) Radio caller: The beauty of NHexit is that it's a solution for perhaps half the problems talk jockeys discuss on their shows.  Here's a list of New England shows you can call into and get on the air:
  https://nhexit.com/86-2/
   I'm doing quite a bit of this myself "I" being Dave Ridley, most notably about 3 calls a week to Free Talk Live...they're pretty well covered.
) Speaker:  We could use someone to visit special interest groups, answer their questions, present your thoughts on how their issue would benefit from independence. This idea came from one of the June 26 demonstration participants.  Jesse Garland has expressed an interest in doing this. Could use many more.
) Solo signwaver - There are some NH intersections where you can get seen by roughly 1000 people an hour during rush hours...making event scheduling and media coverage unnecessary. You can just go any weekday.  Rte 114 and 101 in Bedford is one,  Highway 3 in Nashua is another, there are a couple overpasses well-positioned.  Can you name more?    I (Dave Ridley) will probably start going out to the one in Bedford on random days with a yellow rattlesnake flag and a sign that just says
"NHexit
dot com" 
) Costume wearer - We'd get more coverage of our demonstrations if we could promise the media we're going to have a dude in a Gandhi outfit or something.  Hottie in a Princess Leia costume or something might be better LOL.
) Costume Constructor - Can you make or buy costumes for others who want to wear them? 
) Manakin Master:   What if we could bring participants to stand in our demonstrations who are neither human nor alive!  Can you buy one? Make one?  Are there cheap inflateable options?
) Signpost-master Signs-that-stand-on-their-own  would likely also be useful.  Or devices which can hold them for us. They'd be disallowed in some places and might impede foot traffic in others.   That would be bad. Update: Rich Paul is working on building some signholding stuff.  He may need help with materials tools and makerspace as of Aug. 9...please contact him if you can help.
) "Healing Federal Hurts" - Chan Gabler at NHIndependence.org has forwarded this idea at a speech.  Imagine if we had a charity that treats Washington like an epidemic and helps provide New Hampshirites physical relief where it strikes.  Could almost be its own separate organization.

Updates: We have someone who's indicated they'll contact a mayor or two to learn their concerns about the Feds - or us!  Hadn't thought of that really...maybe I'll make it into an available role/project.

Randy Clemens from http://fspmovers.com has underwritten a premium wordpress account for us, expiring July 2017.  That allowed us to change the setup so that the site now displays "NHexit.com" in the URL field rather than a WordPress URL.  Thanks Randy!  What else do you folks think we should do with the premium account?

William Cerf wrote:  "I am happy to be the liaison to the Middlebury Institute - https://kirkpatricksale.wordpress.com/
Middlebury Institute" 

Please keep us up to date via this thread or the NHexit.com facebook discussion group...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1056520281105982/
regarding any progress you're making.

Russell Kanning

good list
I will think of how I can contribute

Dave Ridley

Here's a provisional flyer I slapped together which is designed to be seen from a distance. If you can't see the attachment here you can also use  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1056520281105982/files/

Dave Ridley

Sent this to a couple local NAACP leaders.   Customized versions went to Eva Castillo, the best known NH immigrant advocate, and Latinos Unidos.  I fell behind contacting the Abenaki leader as a result of a failed attempt to write part of it in Abenaki. But I'll get to him ASAP.  Theoretically the goal is to have all key ethnic organizations "equally contacted" within a two day period. 

Presumably this letter could be used as a template for contacting other neutral or skeptical groups; of course you may have suggested enhancements.

---

Mr. Lett:  I wanted to reach out to you and find out if you or any other New Hampshire NAACP folk would like to participate in - and presumably help shape - the discussion that is unfolding regarding a possible drive for New Hampshire independence.  An "NHexit."

I'm sorry to reach you at what is possibly a busy time (I heard there was to be a big demonstration at Portsmouth but wasn't sure if the NAACP is leading it). Either way I didn't want to put you on the back burner for a week, because the world is now turning fast.  Every such week the central government sends more tanklike contraptions to local law enforcement for use against the public.

During the Quebecois and Estonian independence drives of the 1990s, (and obviously in the Lincoln days) ethnic minorities and First Nations generally refused to support independence movements. The reasons were obvious and overwhelming in 1861, but in the more recent drives perhaps they didn't feel they were part of the discussion from the early stages on.  That, at least, is an element I can alter for you.  You and the rest of the folks at your organization are invited and welcome to weigh in at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1056520281105982/ and http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=27757.msg361400#msg361400

NH Underground can be a little slow to process signups.  Facebook is bureaucratic and demands that we send you an invite before you can post there.  But if you let me know the appropriate Facebook name(s) I can send the invites, and you can bring all your thoughts on the matter....to this edgy table.

Yours with best wishes in these tense but hopeful times,

Dave Ridley
NHexit.com

cc:  Fred Ross

Russell Kanning

cool
you might want to change this line
" is unfolding regarding a possible drive for New Hampshire independence"
there already "is a drive", maybe not much of one, but it is not "possible" :)

Dada is thanked by baby russell

Dave Ridley

i tend to think it's not a drive till we have legislation proposed.... but maybe i'm underestimating our progress.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Dave Ridley on July 10, 2016, 01:24 AM NHFT
i tend to think it's not a drive till we have legislation proposed.... but maybe i'm underestimating our progress.

My perspective...
More "brush fires" of all kinds need to happen.  Some "with permits" and some without.  It's all good for raising awareness of the nature of the forced association people live under.

Sure, proposing legislation is a good idea, if for no other reason than gaining some media, even if it's the boot licking kind of media that will ridicule.   

However, secession isn't about "asking" for permission to leave.  It is about declaring a disassociation with somebody else.  If the belligerent "stalks" the person asking (or demanding) for a divorce, the belligerent is being an asshole.  Nobody need be forced to associate with an asshole. 

If you ask for permission to secede, and the answer is no, does the idea die or continue ? 

If you ain't free to leave, you're a captive.  That is indisputable and self evident. 

Russell Kanning

you might be right Dada

I totally agree SPBob.

I was wondering. When the colony of NH left the British Empire .... how did it start?

Russell Kanning

If NH was to secede from the US, would it be its own country?
Where should the capital be?
The current bureaucrats in Concord might not want to go along with such a peaceful productive path. We might have to work around them. Maybe Manchester is a better spot since it is the hub of voluntary activity.
Has some other town been the capital of NH before?

Russell Kanning

the link to
http://nh-liberty.info/
doesn't seem to go anywhere useful

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 10, 2016, 12:43 PM NHFT
the link to
http://nh-liberty.info/
doesn't seem to go anywhere useful
If you buy it, then you can configure it to send people here.

Dave Ridley

took that liberty party link down since it's broken...  however i think it was working a couple weeks ago. Didn't seem very interesting anyway. 

Russell Kanning

How about we start up a provisional government building up to the split?

Free libertarian

It's funny how people have been trained to assume the legitimacy of a thing can only come from an imposed involuntary government, which also purports to represent "the people".

The foregoing concept is absurd, given that no person who is purported to be represented has the right to forcibly impose on others,...so just how could "the people" as individuals delegate a right which none of them possess, to a government which alleges to be "them" ?

I hereby announce at the proper opportune time the duly elected Ambassador of Free  Grafton will agree to recognize a Free (New Hamp)shire, as long as the words above are  acknowledged as gospel or at least as a helluva truthy statement.    So, there's the first "official" government recognition of a Free Hampshire.  (smiley emoticon)

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 10, 2016, 10:33 PM NHFT
How about we start up a provisional government building up to the split?

I'm gonna need an office with a window.