• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NHexit.com discussion

Started by Dave Ridley, June 23, 2016, 10:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

It might be a good thing to contact other "evil" countries, like Russia, China etc.  and ask if NH secedes would they please not nuke NH ?  It also begins a dialogue about establishing free trade and non-aggression pacts etc.   Has publicity value too.

This on the surface might not be taken seriously, but it could put NH in a potential Switzerland role as being officially neutral, not to mention foment the idea of creating "nuclear safe zones", if such a thing could even exist. 

Admittedly I have no idea how you tell a nuclear cloud not to cross an imaginary line...maybe you pass a law?   (smiley emoticon)   

Russell Kanning

that makes sense
Maybe we could set up a few ambassadors and we could communicate with many countries and states and see if they will "recognize" us and/or not nuke us. :)

andy1337

Quote from: Dave Ridley on July 21, 2016, 04:57 AM NHFT
andy what exactly can i do or not do that would help address the concerns in your most recent message above?

Hi Dave,
By "It can't be delegated" I didn't mean it's your job, I meant it's everyone's job. The way I see it, the process of gathering clearly articulated, easily understandable reasons to leave isn't really a department of what we're doing, it's a stage of what we're doing, and it's the stage we're currently at. I'm not trying to  pile more work on you specifically :)
Also the idea of free zones is pretty plausible. It's not so far from what China did with Hong Kong, and that worked out relatively well. Maybe we could restart Indian Stream or suchlike :)

"Free Libertarian" mentioned Panarchy and, obscure though that seems at the moment, I think some version of that, properly explained, could get popular support at some stage.

"Erroneous_Logic" mentions some valid logistical concerns around Social Security that I have no specific answer to. People would want some answer as to how that could be dealt with that are at least plausible, if not actually guaranteed, and that could form a basis for negotiation post-NHexit. We're having similar difficulties right now with Brexit. At least in the case of SS it refers to money that is theoretically owed to identifiable individuals.

Also, Russell Kanning, we'd only need 51% in a referendum, but first we'd need a referendum to happen and external authorities to agree that having it was legitimate. So you're right that it's harder than just getting 51%, but I don't think that means we need more than 51%, just that we'd have to do other things first which may turn out to be more difficult than getting the 51% on the day. We'd probably need a majority, and some public pressure, for quite a while. The UK was predominantly against the EU for about 20 years before we got a chance to vote on it.

Russell Kanning

How many of you guys want to start making a new government to get the ball rolling?
Also is this something that can happen inside the NHexit movement or is that about getting a vote inside the current government?

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 24, 2016, 09:12 AM NHFT
How many of you guys want to start making a new government to get the ball rolling?
Also is this something that can happen inside the NHexit movement or is that about getting a vote inside the current government?

I, hereby declare myself a self governing individual.    Well that was easy. 

I'm willing to recognize others who agree not to initiate or threaten offensive force, but first there will be a few forms for you all to fill out.  (smiley emoticon)

Russell Kanning

well if some of us set up a new government of sorts ... I was already thinking your were part of the new ruling elite.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 24, 2016, 02:31 PM NHFT
well if some of us set up a new government of sorts ... I was already thinking your were part of the new ruling elite.

I'm tanned and rested. (smiley emoticon)

Tom Sawyer

What about a power tie, got to have a power tie... 

Dave Ridley

ok good insights andy:  Do you have a sense what *you* think the primary pithy talking point might to be, which everyone in the movement knows? how about the rest of you?

Dave Ridley

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 24, 2016, 09:12 AM NHFT

Maybe I'm missing something, but the problems with that might be

1) It sounds too much like the batshit wing of the 90s Republic of Texas
2) It just creates another layer of (eventually) bossy government that is added to all the others (that happened to some extent with the FSP leadership)

The Irish republicans did it with some success in the 1920 era because they didn't already have all their own government establishments.  But their success was bloody and *we* already have a widely accepted local/state government infrastructure that needs nothing added to it....even if the addition is parallel.   please god no don't add anything to it! lol   

Russell Kanning

I guess my new regime is not being accepted by the NHexit powers that be :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 24, 2016, 07:35 PM NHFT
that and executive style hair used to be essential ... but now we have Trump

Russell Kanning

you do know they can claim we are batshit crazy no matter what we do

Erroneous_Logic

I'm generally not in favor of creating more government. It'll just end up being another layer of control between people and whatever level of government is currently rubbing against them.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 24, 2016, 07:35 PM NHFT

I'm not allowed to use power tools.  (smiley emoticon)