• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NHexit.com discussion

Started by Dave Ridley, June 23, 2016, 10:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Just when I was starting to like this guy he starts talking down Vermin Supreme!

Hey, independence is a way to turn the conversation in the direction I think it needs to be taken... instead of talking about begging for crumbs.

Erroneous_Logic

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 28, 2016, 07:47 PM NHFT
Hey, independence is a way to turn the conversation in the direction I think it needs to be taken... instead of talking about begging for crumbs.

Oh, sure, but the remark was made in response to a response to someone talking about simply telling people what they want to hear, even if it's nonsense and imaginary.

Russell Kanning

What if Vermin Supreme ends up winning the future Prime Minister position in NH?

Erroneous_Logic

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 28, 2016, 10:19 PM NHFT
What if Vermin Supreme ends up winning the future Prime Minister position in NH?

That would be awesome, because that would imply that there -was- such a position to be won.

Tom Sawyer

When conducting a poll among female voters the topic of free ponies made their eyes light up with joy!

Now the problem is what to do about people that can't afford to maintain their ponies. So I'm recommending a commission to study the creation of a Pony Welfare Department. No Pony Left Behind!

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 28, 2016, 10:19 PM NHFT

I think Vermin will have to win over Misty the Cat's supporters to get the majority he's gonna need. 

I remain skeptical unless he can come up with some freebies to convince them, maybe he needs a catchy slogan "clean litter boxes are a right" or something like that.   

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 29, 2016, 04:08 AM NHFT
When conducting a poll among female voters the topic of free ponies made their eyes light up with joy!

Now the problem is what to do about people that can't afford to maintain their ponies. So I'm recommending a commission to study the creation of a Pony Welfare Department. No Pony Left Behind!

See?  There you go! Horsing around.

Free libertarian

I read the list of potential tasks posted here and thought about the suggestion for a Granite Ghandi

Ringing the cognitive dissonance bell in a tongue in cheek way can be an effective tool in gaining attention. 

Therefore I submit Maggie Hassan as the "Granite Ghandi" .   Why ?   Didn't she sign a bill authorizing "medical marijuana" while it is still Federally prohibited ? 

So, while I'm obviously kidding, if  I were to give an interview, I'd mention that Maggie has ALREADY let her secessionist freak flag fly.

Edit -  For a hat trick in cognitive dissonance bell ringing, I suggest a joint "free the weed" and NHexit protest at a large NH liquor store with at least one large poster of Maggie being touted as a leading secessionist.   

Russell Kanning

Erroneous_Logic

Quote from: Free libertarian on July 29, 2016, 09:00 AM NHFT
Therefore I submit Maggie Hassan as the "Granite Ghandi" .   Why ?   Didn't she sign a bill authorizing "medical marijuana" while it is still Federally prohibited ? 

So, while I'm obviously kidding, if  I were to give an interview, I'd mention that Maggie has ALREADY let her secessionist freak flag fly.

As amusing as that is, it is also a good idea to point out to people how they, and various other people already tell the federal government to go pound sand. Things like marijuana legalization, or even use by an individual, are a good example.

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on July 29, 2016, 12:58 PM NHFT
Quote from: Free libertarian on July 29, 2016, 09:00 AM NHFT

As amusing as that is, it is also a good idea to point out to people how they, and various other people already tell the federal government to go pound sand. Things like marijuana legalization, or even use by an individual, are a good example.

Even the feds tell the feds to pound sand.   Irv Rosenfeld has been given about 9 ounces of cannabis per month for years by the feds as part of their Compassionate New Investigational drug program. (yes, it's a corny name for the program) 

Shortly after a press conference in Concord at the Legislative Office building just a few years back he sparked up a joint in the gooberments smoking room and I witnessed a NH state cop walk by, pretending he didn't see a thing.   So, if I felt like it, I could probably come up with a list and use it as material to preach to the choir here.  WMUR covered the story but of course failed to mention any legal contradictions, but I repeat myself.

Erroneous_Logic

Exactly. You could sit with someone and spend weeks pointing out the ways that the people in the federal government contradict each other.

Dave Ridley

some good ideas here today/yesterday... i'm starting to get a little overwhelmed with action items but have placed them in the cue.  the  ones I can't do I will try to publicize at least a little bit.

Russell Kanning

if you come up with good items weedaclaus .... we can broadcast them outside the choir room