• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NHexit.com discussion

Started by Dave Ridley, June 23, 2016, 10:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

andy1337

I hadn't really noticed that this exists, but here it is.
http://nhindependence.org/about-us/reasons/
That sounds a lot like what I was asking for earlier.
Does anyone have any major objections to any of it? It sounds like a workable platform to me.

Russell Kanning

those are our buddies
I don't think any of them are active on this forum right now, but we know them. :)

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 29, 2016, 10:32 PM NHFT
if you come up with good items weedaclaus .... we can broadcast them outside the choir room

The liquor store  seems like a logical ground zero for ironical presentation and festive fun. 

If the moths haven't eaten ol' Weeda Claus beard,  I might be able to convince him to fly in and dance one more time.

Russell Kanning

normally we have made fun of the NH government from there .... I guess you can reject the Feds and then just hope the NH liquor stores start selling pot

Erroneous_Logic

While the idea of combining the liquor store issue with the NHexit issue is principally sound, and I don't remember but I think I may have advocated for it, after some further thought, it's a bad PR move, because it seems to be implying that you don't think the New Hampshire state government is doing a good job, which is the opposite thing you want to imply during a secession demonstration.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on August 01, 2016, 12:42 PM NHFT
While the idea of combining the liquor store issue with the NHexit issue is principally sound, and I don't remember but I think I may have advocated for it, after some further thought, it's a bad PR move, because it seems to be implying that you don't think the New Hampshire state government is doing a good job, which is the opposite thing you want to imply during a secession demonstration.

I get your point.

However, I see the issue of succession as more a vehicle for getting people excited. Seems that it would be 20 years to even think to actually achieve a political success.

It's reminds me when a libertarian candidate for president talks like he could win the election.  ;D It's much more effective as a idealogical vehicle. Plus it avoids the inevitable let down that people go through after the election.

But, hey, I believe in personal succession.  :icon_pirat:

Erroneous_Logic

I mean, you're the one who's there, and as much as I'd like to be, I'm not, so I can't really tell you what's best, but I'm just pointing out that people are manipulated all the time, and sooner or later someone will point out "look they can't even make up their minds what they want haha now let's talk about life imprisonment for injecting the marijuannas". Obviously, they would be disingenuous, but it would still have a negative effect on public opinion, which is a vital factor in authoritarian action.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on August 01, 2016, 08:03 PM NHFT
I mean, you're the one who's there, and as much as I'd like to be, I'm not, so I can't really tell you what's best, but I'm just pointing out that people are manipulated all the time, and sooner or later someone will point out "look they can't even make up their minds what they want haha now let's talk about life imprisonment for injecting the marijuannas". Obviously, they would be disingenuous, but it would still have a negative effect on public opinion, which is a vital factor in authoritarian action.

I find your Logic to be far from Erroneous.  :)

I am not going to be one to decide these things either, but, hope to see people looking to step away from the plantation.

Erroneous_Logic

Oh indeed, in its many forms. I have no specific desire for any kind of governance, but my point is, regardless of which direction you're going, towards 'secession is good enough for me' or 'deprecate the state in its entirety', sending conflicting messages like that can mess with either goal.

Dave Ridley

to me the liquor store protest didn't seem like the ideal place or issue, but it's still fun and helpful to see any activity. I'd do something to help support such a protest.  Also the guys on the facebook group are talking about trying to do something at Laconia City Hall August 8.  Standing by. 

Russell Kanning

getting rid of the big bully can be done without supporting the smaller bully :)

Dave Ridley

LTE I just sent to Laconia Citizen about next NHexit.com demonstration
See also
https://www.facebook.com/events/152527761846400/

Citizen article sparks demonstration by Thanks But No Tanks

Dear Editor:

The Citizen reports our Federal overlords are attempting to arm every Laconia police officer with a rifle.  While most of us might personally like the NH cops we know...and while most could agree that police in the "free state" tend to be some of the most benign in the U.S., there is a reason for that. And it's not militarization or Feds. 

They're more benign because we still have some Mayberry left and because the people at least *try* to peaceably keep their powers and capabilities limited. Toward this end, activists from Thanks But No Tanks and NHexit.com have called a demonstration to occur at 6 p.m., before the public hearing at Laconia City Hall.  Details are at NHexit.com.

Why exactly *does* Washington need to be involved in Laconia affairs, especially when this particular involvement isn't aimed at curbing police abuses?  Safety against crime...comes from armed and vigilant citizens, not central governments who torture people.  Safety against such faroff governments comes from a more independent New Hampshire.  We have a chance to demonstrate that independence on a personal level Monday...by expressing our opposition to this escalation and thus help deter the next one.   

Dave Ridley
Founder
NHexit.com
Bedford, NH

Free libertarian

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on August 01, 2016, 12:42 PM NHFT

You may be right.

The problem with ironical humor is if the audience isn't hip to it, we're stuck laughing at our own inside jokes.  When I do that I just look like a goof ball wearing a pot leaf adorned hat and a fake beard.

Okay, now that my annual self deprecating quota has been met, I can relax.  (smiley emoticon)

Dave Ridley

Received this back from the Citizen:

"Mr. Ridley,

First of all, our newspaper never reported this.

Second, I'm sorry to tell you this. but our letters to the editor section is reserved for residents of the Lakes Region.

Get your facts straight.

Ed Pierce
Editor, The Citizen newspaper"

Followed by the following email from the same guy:

"http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx/local-news/96790-police-to-carry-rifles

Note that your headline is wrong, it was not our newspaper and we demand a retraction and correction of the facts immediately."

Russell Kanning

Kinda angry
is it the wrong paper?