• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NHexit.com discussion

Started by Dave Ridley, June 23, 2016, 10:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Erroneous_Logic

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 18, 2016, 08:36 PM NHFT
see ... if you say that ... Tom assumes you have been watching him

And?

Tom Sawyer

I'm not paranoid... Who said I'm paranoid! Was it Johnson, I knew I couldn't trust him... Why did I trust him, why did I trust any of ya'll anyway! I shouldn't have even got this dang internet thingie! Ya know they record everything we say here. Mutter, mutter, mutter...

Free libertarian

Recent banter has caused me to wonder if an Independent State of NH  (oxymoronic, I know) would have the same spy on the people programs as the Feds?   Would NH people still have to get felt up at Manchester Airport ? 

Would NH invade Vermont (steal their Kale?)  and pilfer Maine's lobsta or would it have a non foreign intervention policy ? (there's nothing worth stealing from Mass. )

What would NH use as currency and could it be something that held value ? 

Also if NH seceded, it could field it's own Olympic team and we could likely win a metal in the cardboard sled race and gain all that international prestige. 

Russell Kanning

hey speaking of the olympics .... we could do pretty decent in skiing

Erroneous_Logic

the whole spying on everyone thing is a matter of scale. Sure, there are fewer people in NH than in the U.S. as a whole, but it's still a great big bunch of people. It would be prohibitively expensive.

Oh, speaking of which, in the event of an NHexit, everyone needs to be very watchful in the political arena and jump on any talk or attempts to start an NH central bank. That would be bad.

Russell Kanning

I heard it is happening next year.

Russell Kanning

to follow tradition we could elect a President like these guys did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Tree_Riot

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 19, 2016, 06:18 PM NHFT
to follow tradition we could elect a President like these guys did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Tree_Riot

Cool story, can you imagine the charges they would levy against people for attacking the Sheriff and Deputy?

Mark D. Jacobsen

Here is some historical context from my neck of the woods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_(proposed_Pacific_state)
featuring:
"On November 27, 1941, a group of young men gained national media attention when, brandishing hunting rifles for dramatic effect, they stopped traffic on U.S. Route 99 south of Yreka, the county seat of Siskiyou County, and handed out copies of a Proclamation of Independence, stating that the state of Jefferson was in "patriotic rebellion against the States of California and Oregon" and would continue to "secede every Thursday until further notice."

also that this movement's final nail was ww2. Interestingly the would be state of Jefferson was attacked during ww2. No conspiracy here move along.

see
Japanese plane bombs Oregon coast
http://arcweb.sos.state.or.us/pages/exhibits/ww2/threat/bombs.htm

If separation happens, expect the worst. Look at what Sherman and his mercenaries did in the south.

Russell Kanning

yea .... these are the things we have been discussing here for a while
9/11 cut down the FSP momentum at the time, then it had to build up again.
if any secession talk gains traction, we will be punished
if any actually separation starts occurring, I would expect war

Erroneous_Logic

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 19, 2016, 09:31 PM NHFT
yea .... these are the things we have been discussing here for a while
9/11 cut down the FSP momentum at the time, then it had to build up again.
if any secession talk gains traction, we will be punished
if any actually separation starts occurring, I would expect war

What do you mean, expect?
last time I checked, we all already had a bunch of guys with guns running around locking people up, extorting them, and occasionally killing them. The only thing that might change would be if they decided it was serious enough to escalate. Then the question just becomes how hot do they want to make it on american soil?

Russell Kanning

Erroneous_Logic

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 20, 2016, 07:20 AM NHFT
I think it can get worse

Of course it can get worse. Where have you been the last fifteen years?

Russell Kanning

Erroneous_Logic

My point being it's been doing nothing but getting worse for the last few decades, and I see no reason for it to suddenly stop just because I'd prefer that it do so.