• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NHexit.com discussion

Started by Dave Ridley, June 23, 2016, 10:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

well step right up then son ... Graffy has just the thing for you.

oh how about a new country flag with Graffy the Happy Pond Creature

Erroneous_Logic

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on August 24, 2016, 10:20 AM NHFT
Does Graffy give loans?

No, but he has a friend that's a loan shark. 

Erroneous_Logic

Yeah,  can't afford loan sharks.

andy1337

Hi guys. I've been out of the loop for a while. Here's the latest.
I've been emailing several Brexiteers, on the basis that if they're in favour of independence once, they'd be in favour of it everywhere.
Sorry to report, they aren't.
Some of them don't care about anything outside the UK. Some of them are now Trump people (especially the UKIP guys). Some of them are fairly pure Libertarians and in favour of secession in principle, but aren't going to touch NHexit because they think it's either too controversial or too remote.
I did try. And I'm still happy to talk about the project. But it doesn't seem that the Brexiteers are going to be much help.

Russell Kanning

that is not surprising to me.
Our independence would be very different than a scheduled vote on staying in a trade agreement.
I would think it could be like Republicans voting to get out of Nafta or some such. They won't then care about Catalonia seceding from Spain.
Maybe we can get the Texiters to leave .... and we can sneak out on the side.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 29, 2016, 08:15 PM NHFT
that is not surprising to me.
Our independence would be very different than a scheduled vote on staying in a trade agreement.
I would think it could be like Republicans voting to get out of Nafta or some such. They won't then care about Catalonia seceding from Spain.
Maybe we can get the Texiters to leave .... and we can sneak out on the side.

..."and we can sneak out on the side"     Good one.  (smiley emoticon)

Russell Kanning

think of the insanity if enough people in Texas want out after Hillary? they wouldn't even notice if liddle ol NH left

Dave Ridley

andy thanks a lot for the follow up... i don't think anyone else who volunteered to make contacts with exiters... has done even 2/3rds thirds as much as you in that regard.    It seems normal that Brexiters would want to focus mostly on Britain.... just like we focus mostly on NH.  Can you think of some NHexit related activism you could do that would be less speculative?   For example if you post about us somewhere then you are guaranteed at least a certain number of people would see it.     As usual if you go to http://nhexit.com there is a link to the "how to help" list.  I hope you will take another look and see if there is something else there which you'd enjoy doing...because I'd hate us to lose a volunteer who actually does what he says he'll do.  Fairly rare in any volunteer group.

Russell Kanning

very true
and with fellow americans ... you will get plenty of positive responses. :)

Dave Ridley

Since they'd be hard to find in the future otherwise... here are copies of my messages posted to NHexit's facebook discussion group between Aug 20 and Sept 11.

Okay: So the poll I put up indicates decisive support for the idea of requesting a re-introduction of HCR 6 in the New Hampshire State House (it would be assigned a new number presumably).
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2178229/posts
In other words, it beat out all the other legislative options I'm aware of. My first choice would have been a constitutional amendment, but I should probably defer to the will of the masses. The next step will be finding a state rep who's willing to submit it. I was thinking of doing that myself, but instead I think I will test the rest of you to see how dedicated you are to this. I'm requesting volunteers to find us a rep who is willing to resumit the bill. If I can't at least get that, then it would be an indicator we are not capable of surpassing HCR6's level of success.

I'm sorry to say that Joe Roux...who's from NH, who joined this discussion and had a post here a couple weeks go... has passed away. NHFree.com has a post that indicates he "died after partying." Hopefully a good way to go. He was an ever-encouraging and enthusiastic local supporter of the liberty migrants.

I didn't see this until way later but apparently someone did get active for us on Reddit.... ty whoever it was!
https://www.reddit.com/r/newhampshire/comments/4spgyq/nh_independence_celebration_nhexit/

Mentioned NHexit activist Ian Freeman's run secession-oriented run for governor on WCRN-AM today.

Looks like the Gronski event was a success... can someone post a summary or vid and what do you folks think we should do next?

Dave Ridley
August 31 at 11:27am
Again: My understanding is ANY state rep who was elected or relected.... can submit a bill this coming november. Plz correct me if i'm wrong because there is a november deadline and a september deadline... i want to make sure we don't have to meet the september deadline.

It seems like there are abou four paths open to us when it comes to approaching the legislature with an independence type bill/CACR/resolution.
1) Remove (via CACR) the section of NH Constitution article 7 which authorizes powers to be delegated to the Feds. This would require a 2/3rds vote by the public and would have to pass the legislature first.
2) Get someone to re-introduce HCR 6 from 2009. It came modestly close to passing then and was based on the Kentucky Resolutions. It also created a 300 person rally and a near-riot in the House balcony when the Dem legislature failed to pass it.
3) Get someone to forward a bill that establishes a study committee tasked with determining the feasability of independence or something along those lines.
4) Some other option - can you name it?
Which of these do you like best? How can they be improved on?

Dave Ridley shared NH Exit's event.
August 20 at 10:53am
Thanks to Chris Gronski for setting up this event, which I am now copying to Facebook with his blessing so you can send invites! https://www.facebook.com/events/1849519621937547/

Dave Ridley
August 20 at 5:08pm
Msg. for Jim McConnell RE: O Conte expansion
Today 5:06 PM
To: Jim.McConnell@(redacted)
Rep. McConnell:
Chris Rietmann gave me your name, and I recently saw on YouTube your appearance on Rock Paper Hand Grenades where you talked about the O Conte National Wildlife Reserve. I'd like to help spread the word about the concerns folks have with its proposed expansion. Can you name for me, say, the three most spectacular outrages or directives you've witnessed thus far in this process (for instance, were you the one claiming that an official ordered you not to pick more than a quart of blueberries per year)?!
Although I do run RidleyReport.com it's more likely that I would spread the word by calls to talk radio. If you do know of any occasions/locations where perpetrating politicians/bureaucrats will be at public events, you could let me know in advance, and I might try to interview some of them with my camera.
Dave Ridley
NHexit.com

Russell Kanning

I think it is fun having the crossover from various exit groups online from Texas, us, and Brexit

Dave Ridley

Here is the letter I'm sending to the man in charge of the nearest Russian consulate, at New York.  A day or two after posting it on the FaceBook discussion group for feedback.  The "???" is this forum software's inability to process Russian letters and translates as "Sorry; I speak badly in Russian."

Also, what are some specific follow up options or scenarios that might be viable if this actually gets traction?

"NHexit.com open letter to Igor L. Golubovskiy

Dear Mr. Golubovskiy:
????????, ? ?? ?????? ??-?????? ??????. As you're already aware, informal contacts played an important role defusing tensions during the Cuba/Turkey Missile crisis. This was perhaps world-saving at a time when many were pushing to "fight" instead of "jaw." During the 1999 bombing of Yugoslavia, Montenegro's partial and increasing independence arguably helped Montenegrins make the case that NATO should not be targeting buildings on their territory. Now there is an attempt by Washington to reduce diplomacy at a time when diplomacy is most needed. And there is an attempt within U.S. states to separate themselves from D.C., somewhat like Montenegro sought to distinguish itself from Milosevic. Texans have advanced the furthest toward independence, but placid New Hampshire is probably in the top three on this metric stateside.

This is the New Hampshire independence movement's attempt to reach out to you - warily and without acceptance of your government's actions. There is a scenario we would like to spark with our very limited powers, one that would benefit all humanity (but also your government) if half successful.

In the movie "By Dawn's Early Light" there is a scene where a U.S. bomber flying toward Russia...makes a course change. The Russians reciprocate by turning some of their aircraft; ultimately Armageddon is averted. NH independence advocates have already "made the slight course change" by advocating for the dissolution of the empire which threatens both you and NH. We have our own reasons for wanting that and our own ideas for protecting ourselves against you as needed. But perhaps 15 million worldwide have heard us make the case for independence...an objective which should ultimately limit America to legitimate defense.

We'd like to request that your government make a tiny course change of its own, specifically: Allowing the Crimean journalist Mykola Semena to receive medical treatment on the Ukrainian mainland or perhaps in New Hampshire. Granting it and citing us as the reason for doing so would have the following advantages for you, indicating to the world that:

1) Moscow may listen and respond humanely to reasonable requests, when those requests come from overseas independence movements rather than unfriendly expansionist governments.
2) U.S. independence movements are a force to be taken seriously - American states can undermine or outmaneuver Washington overstep just as Estonia once undermined Moscow.
3) D.C. unnecessarily escalating the conflict with Russia could backfire by growing these movements.
4) U.S. independence movements are potentially better at dealing with you than D.C. is.
5) The direction of the current conflict is not entirely toward escalation...other things are happening.

Lastly, it provides the possibility of constructive follow-up action...of a scenario unfolding that would tend to benefit average Americans and Russians. For now this first step is the one that matters.

You can find more details about this request and how it came about...via our website.

Yours,

Dave Ridley
NHexit.com

P.S.: If the details can be worked out, I'd be happy to serve as a hostage myself at a location of your government's choosing while Semena is outside Crimea, presumably helping to guarantee his return."

Dave Ridley

The ???? stuff above is this forum software failing to print Russian letters.  It would be translated:  "Sorry; I speak Russian badly."