• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Fun with drug dogs

Started by Tom Sawyer, June 23, 2016, 02:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Just ran into this interesting tidbit of info.

Apparently the cannabinoids in cannabis are not what drug dogs "detect" they are trained to smell Caryophyllene Oxide which is also in Lemon Balm and degraded Hops. It is also a flavoring used in foods.

We used to mess with the drug dogs by sprinkling red pepper on the rugs in the barracks. But, the thought of introducing Lemon Balm into all sorts of places makes me laugh. Beyond the humor, it would be a good thing to destroy the ability of these intrusive tools of the state. It would also be quite a financial loss as well, drug dogs are very expensive to train.

So I guess I'll be rubbing lemon balm on everything.   ;D

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

Terpenes.  Beta- Carophyllene is a terpene.

Understanding the terpene profile of a given cannabis plant helps with the choice of  one strain over another for the most efficacious use regards your ailment or desired effect.

In other words, it's best to smell the varied flowers regularly.   

Tom Sawyer

Many other plants have useful terpenes as well. One of the presentations I edited recently gave a wide range of these compounds.

Myrcene
Several plants including Hops has this one, which has sedative and analgesic effects. I always thought that highly hopped beers had more than the alcohol effect. Myrcene is one of the components in cannabis that has the "couch lock" effect.

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 25, 2016, 12:13 PM NHFT
hmmm

Yes, exactly "humulene"  is another terpene found in cannabis.