New Hampshire Underground

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Underground Wiki

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanting to move to NH  (Read 1557 times)

Erroneous_Logic

• Independent Thinker
  • That government that governs best, governs least
    • My tumblr
Re: Wanting to move to NH
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 01:28 PM NHFT »

so you are in arizona?
Yes. I very much want to not be. I hate hot weather, and I like green leafy plants.

Russell Kanning

• Cardinal Canning
  • Administrator
  • Enemy of the State
  • The Nonviolent Revolution starts here
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 06:22 PM NHFT »

well then this will be easy

Erroneous_Logic

• Independent Thinker
    • My tumblr
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 06:50 PM NHFT »

If it were easy, I'd be there already. My escape fund keeps taking hits from car issues. I'm on my third car in two years.

Erroneous_Logic

• Independent Thinker
    • My tumblr
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 04:51 PM NHFT »

Ok listen, will someone put me up until I get a job?

Tom Sawyer

• Riding out the days events.
  • Insider
  • Enemy of the State
  • Talley Ho!
    • politicalGRAFFITI.com
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2016, 08:09 PM NHFT »

What kind of job are you looking to get?

Russell Kanning

• Cardinal Canning
  • Administrator
  • Enemy of the State
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 09:25 PM NHFT »

there are some places that are not very expensive that you could move to at first. So you won't have to build up as much money to move.
You might be able to get a job beforehand also :)

KBCraig

• Childish in charge
  • Enemy of the State
  • Spazzing for Freedom
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2016, 02:23 AM NHFT »

If it were easy, I'd be there already. My escape fund keeps taking hits from car issues. I'm on my third car in two years.

What do you imagine that you will find in NH to help cure your current condition, that doesn't exist elsewhere -- including where you are right now?

The FSP and the greater NH liberty community aren't charities, and they aren't communes. While the people are extremely charitable and some of them engage in intentional communities, none are really interested in in giving someone a free bed with no evidence that the mover will obtain a job quickly -- and being without reliable transportation seriously limits your job opportunities in NH.

Too many generous people have been burned over the years by desperate movers who insisted they only need a place to stay until they get on their feet.

You cannot escape the problems that left you where you are, by pretending the same problems won't exist once you're in NH.

Russell Kanning

• Cardinal Canning
  • Administrator
  • Enemy of the State
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2016, 08:57 AM NHFT »

yea we had only good experiences with guys that moved and we rented rooms to them inexpensively, but they didn't come free :)
Everyone that I knew that came to NH needing a job, got one. But I would try to set one up ahead of time, plus you can visit while interviewing.

Erroneous_Logic

• Independent Thinker
    • My tumblr
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2016, 12:48 PM NHFT »

What kind of job are you looking to get?
I'm looking for a very specific position in the field of exchanging my time/effort/labor for something that I value, money, preferably. But truthfully, just something that doesn't involve. . .well. hmm. I mean, I'm ok with outdoor work. I just hate it here, because it's too damn hot. I've got construction/masonry xp and I work in IT support currently. I have a soothing and patient phone voice.

there are some places that are not very expensive that you could move to at first. So you won't have to build up as much money to move.
You might be able to get a job beforehand also :)
How expensive is not very expensive?

What do you imagine that you will find in NH to help cure your current condition, that doesn't exist elsewhere -- including where you are right now?

The FSP and the greater NH liberty community aren't charities, and they aren't communes. While the people are extremely charitable and some of them engage in intentional communities, none are really interested in in giving someone a free bed with no evidence that the mover will obtain a job quickly -- and being without reliable transportation seriously limits your job opportunities in NH.

Too many generous people have been burned over the years by desperate movers who insisted they only need a place to stay until they get on their feet.

You cannot escape the problems that left you where you are, by pretending the same problems won't exist once you're in NH.
I mean, my problems are all mostly related to weather and climate. I don't go outside, because it's miserable in the summer, and the summer lasts about six months here. Once you get into the habit of never going anywhere, you kind of have trouble breaking it. I would go out and get some nature type fun, even by myself, but, I mean. It's rocks, dirt, and cactus. I know that arizona is supposedly listed high in the freedom indexes, but it really blew my mind when I found out that Adam K. was buying land out here to become self sufficient. I'm really curious about where he's going to get water to water gardens and stuff.
And beyond "problem x doesn't exist in NH", there are all the nice things, like seriously, it's beautiful. I have yet to see a picture of new hampshire that says to me that it's anything other than lovely and amazing. The towns/cities are smaller, but not too far scattered from each other, but also not jammed in next to each other. Plus, maple syrup. I know it's not what NH is known for, but it's there, and also all the places around NH as well.

yea we had only good experiences with guys that moved and we rented rooms to them inexpensively, but they didn't come free :)
Everyone that I knew that came to NH needing a job, got one. But I would try to set one up ahead of time, plus you can visit while interviewing.

Dude, I'd be there every weekend if I had money to just drop on plane tickets. You -do- realize I'm 2600 miles away, right?

Erroneous_Logic

• Independent Thinker
    • My tumblr
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2016, 12:57 PM NHFT »

Mostly, I just lack information, I guess, and have very little faith in the numbers I get from my craigslist sources. :P

Russell Kanning

• Cardinal Canning
  • Administrator
  • Enemy of the State
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2016, 03:06 PM NHFT »

for cheap starting places you can look at http://porcmanor.com/search/

can you do your IT support job anywhere, or can you get a job like that here?

Erroneous_Logic

• Independent Thinker
    • My tumblr
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2016, 03:36 PM NHFT »

Yeah, I've looked there. It's pretty bare, actually. I only see one listing, in any category, and it's for 1200 a month.

And no, my current job has physical components. I'm part of an internal IT department, and I'm occasionally expected to go slap someone's computer until it does what it's told.

And I don't know if I can get a job like that there. I suck at getting jobs. I have never, once, in my entire life, successfully sought out and interviewed for a job. Every position I've ever held has been someone talking to a friend or whatever and giving me a job. I've -tried-, but it never works. I'm really not a people person.

Tom Sawyer

• Insider
  • Enemy of the State
  • Talley Ho!
    • politicalGRAFFITI.com
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2016, 05:05 PM NHFT »

for cheap starting places you can look at http://porcmanor.com/search/

can you do your IT support job anywhere, or can you get a job like that here?

Looks like the website is in the process of being revamped.

Tom Sawyer

• Insider
  • Enemy of the State
  • Talley Ho!
    • politicalGRAFFITI.com
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2016, 05:08 PM NHFT »

Check into temp service and/or day labor. Could be a foot it the door somewhere.

Erroneous_Logic

• Independent Thinker
    • My tumblr
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2016, 05:15 PM NHFT »

I dunno. I heard that placement agencies are really just recruiting tools for cults.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up