• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Wanting to move to NH

Started by Erroneous_Logic, July 16, 2016, 08:28 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Erroneous_Logic

Hi! So good to finally get in here, been lurking on you guys forever :P
So, I definitely want to move up there. Been in Arizona most of my life, which is no fun for someone who hates the heat as much as I do. Want to get some of that lovely scenery, plants, nature, actual seasons, and the architecture up there just makes me cry every time I look out a window here and see endless stucco cubes. And, of course,  :brave:

Yay intro stuff's over, so, Standard Questions(tm) about jobs and renting and bla bla. Mostly, wondering if someone could give me some rough info on how easy it is to get a decent job that actually pays the bills up there, probably in the southern half of the state. I work in IT, and everyone says that's reasonably active in NH, but that's not something that I would restrict myself to. Just jobs good enough to survive on in general, pay rent and utilities and eat and have a car, and maybe a bit left over to save for the American Dream(tm) or whatever.

Russell Kanning

just now approved this post sorry

Erroneous_Logic

lol. I was wondering if I needed to get to a certain number of thread responses before my new posts would be ok'd :P

Tom Sawyer

Welcome to the underground.  8)

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 26, 2016, 04:58 PM NHFT
Welcome to the underground.  8)

What he said.  ;D  Nice to have new people in the underground.

Russell Kanning

don't let him trick you
Tom is known for his tall tales

Erroneous_Logic

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 26, 2016, 11:18 PM NHFT
don't let him trick you
Tom is known for his tall tales
I am easily fooled by the wearer of an eyepatch. They evoke feelings of trust in me.

Russell Kanning

see that was the first deception .... that is a picture of a kid he saw a few years ago
this deception runs deep

Erroneous_Logic

I can't help it. I must trust the eyepatch. Half blind is twice as trustworthy.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on July 27, 2016, 10:19 AM NHFT
I can't help it. I must trust the eyepatch. Half blind is twice as trustworthy.

Hey ya want to paint a fence?

Yeah, that's a picture of my son William... he used to be in charge around here.

Erroneous_Logic

I dunno. How much does fence painting pay these days?

Tom Sawyer

Russell Kanning

see he has you thinkin already
you won't be gettun nun payment from old sly tom

Erroneous_Logic

Oh well then that's ok, he can do his own fence. After all, hard work is it's own reward.
But I still trust the eyepatch.

Russell Kanning