• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cop Who Beat 62-Yr-Old Handcuffed Man to Death Gets 19 Months.. of House Arrest

Started by Silent_Bob, July 18, 2016, 11:15 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent_Bob

http://filmingcops.com/roy-barnhart/

FRANKLIN COUNTY — Officer Bill McKinney has agreed to a plea deal and will serve a shockingly light sentence after the beating death of Roy Barnhart, according to reports.
Roy Barnhart was a 62-yr-old man whom Officer McKinney arrested in July.

Even though Roy Barnhart was elderly and restrained by handcuffs, Officer McKinney began attacking him, pounding his head in while he was on the ground.

Roy Barnhart died in the hospital shortly after the beating, leaving behind his wife and family.

RELATED: No Conviction for Cop Who Crushed Dog's Spine, Threw it Down a Flight of Stairs, then Shot it to Death

His wife Sue said, "I'm glad Officer McKinney admitted to the role that he played."

"It's been a very long 16 months but now that it's over, maybe we can get on and heal," she added.
Officer McKinney was charged with aggravated battery, "involuntary" manslaughter, and official misconduct.

Officer McKinney pleaded guilty only to the official misconduct charge as part of a plea deal that the others would be dropped if he did so.

The incident began when Barnhart and his neighbors were involved in a dispute.

Nothing became violent until Officer McKinney arrived at the scene to "restore order."

Barnhart apparently asked the officer to leave, and the two got in a heated argument. Officer McKinney then engaged in an extreme show of brutality.

"The officer pepper-sprayed him until his shirt was wet, then he tased him in the wet t-shirt," said Louise Lantham, Roy's ex-wife.

"Roy was on the ground shaking."
"Officer McKinney started kicking him in the head, kicking him in the ribs, stomping on his hands, stomping on his leg, after he was already down and in handcuffs," she added.

Then, Barnhart while still in handcuffs was forced to the curb.

When he was down on the curb, Officer McKinney beat him even harder, according to eyewitnesses. "I looked over and the Officer had his fist doubled up and punched him at least twice," said Lantham.

The beating was so bad that several neighbors, as well as medics from an ambulance that was called, had to literally pull Officer McKinney off of Barnhart, whose body laid limp and in pain, said witnesses.

Barnhart was rushed to a hospital in St. Louis — days later, he died.

RELATED: Cops Found "Not Guilty" After Caught on Video Beating Homeless Man to Death (Warning: Graphic Video)

Officer McKinney has been given only 18 months, but those months will not be served in jail.

Only on the weekends will he be required to report to the county jail; for the remainder of the sentence, he'll get to hang out at home under house arrest.

Roy's son Eric, devastated over the death of his father, said that Officer McKinney should not be privileged just because he is a police officer.

"They should do him like they would anybody else," Eric said.

WithoutAPaddle

The links to the highlighted terms, "restrained by handcuffs", and, "pounding his head in", lead to Error 404: file or directory not found.  In fact, that is the same "result" I got clicking several of the linked phrases in the article. 

There is a photo of a man in a red prison suit, but it is not captioned.  There is also a picture of three cops that is unrelated to this story.

The name of the website is Filming Cops.com, but there was no link to a video on the displayed page, and I am not willing to click an "enter" link on this website to see what it enters me into.

He only pleaded guilty to "Official Misconduct".  I might like to know the details of that charge.

Do you give a damn whether any of this schlock you post here is true or not?

Silent_Bob

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on July 18, 2016, 01:27 PM NHFT
The links to the highlighted terms, "restrained by handcuffs", and, "pounding his head in", lead to Error 404: file or directory not found.  In fact, that is the same "result" I got clicking several of the linked phrases in the article. 

There is a photo of a man in a red prison suit, but it is not captioned.  There is also a picture of three cops that is unrelated to this story.

The name of the website is Filming Cops.com, but there was no link to a video on the displayed page, and I am not willing to click an "enter" link on this website to see what it enters me into.

He only pleaded guilty to "Official Misconduct".  I might like to know the details of that charge.

Do you give a damn whether any of this schlock you post here is true or not?

I don't create the schlock, only repost it.

Here's the same story, different source,  without broken links:

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/story/27321994/former-officer-charged-in-mans-death-takes-plea-deal

FRANKLIN COUNTY, IL -
A former Illinois police officer charged in a man's death plead guilty in court on Thursday.

According to the Franklin County State's Attorney, the incident began in July of 2013, when Officer William McKinney of the Buckner Police Department responded to a dispute on East Main Street.

Two other officers also responded. One of those officers was physically assaulted by 62-year-old Roy Barnhart. Barnhart then tried to run away, but was stopped when he was tazered.

Barnhart was arrested by Officer McKinney. After Barnhart was handcuffed, Officer McKinney struck him with his hand on the right side of his face.

Barnhart was then taken to Herrin Hospital and later flown to St. Louis University Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri. He was treated for a head injury which caused a brain bleed, but died a few days later.

McKinney was arrested and charged with involuntary manslaughter, aggravated battery of a senior citizen, and official misconduct.

On Thursday, McKinney plead guilty to Official Misconduct. He has been sentenced to 18 months of periodic imprisonment.

He has also been ordered to pay for the costs of his incarceration, all medical bills incurred while in custody, a $1,000 fine plus court costs, and must contribute $1,000 to the Franklin County Drug Program.

The family of Barnhart was consulted on the terms of the plea deal.

McKinney is to report to the Franklin County Sheriff on January 3, 2015 to serve out the remainder of this sentence.