• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What should we call our new country?

Started by Russell Kanning, July 25, 2016, 10:27 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Evan and I had at one time come up with Koga Aki which is Abernaki for Porcupine Land.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 25, 2016, 10:27 AM NHFT
Evan and I had at one time come up with Koga Aki which is Abernaki for Porcupine Land.

Given a choice, I'd like some latin in there, otherwise it won't sound official on maps and stuff.

So I'll toss out "Tierra Pax"  if I recall it either means Peaceful land or  since I never really mastered latin...it could be a dinosaur name...Which would be kind of cool too and likely Graffy endorsed.

Russell Kanning

aha
that makes some sense ... since part of the point is to seem legitimate in some peoples eyes

Russell Kanning

let's see Abenaki and Pennacook tribes were here before
I am getting a lot of conflicting names and such
Abnaki is also called the nation with some tribes inside of it

Russell Kanning

The Cowasuck, meaning the "people of the white pines", were located in the upper region of the Connecticut River.

Here I am getting 2 definitions for Pennacook (Place of falling rock) and
(The Pennacook, also called Merrimac, were located around Concord, New Hampshire and north central Massachusetts. The name means "at the bottom of the hill".) Maybe those are the same things.

http://www.cowhampshireblog.com/2006/08/10/new-hampshires-native-americans-hiding-in-plain-sight/

Interesting explanation of their lands
http://www.cowasuck.org/history/ndakina.cfm

Russell Kanning

ericius et terram

or maybe we can wordsmith this into something that flows better

Porcupine Land

I like the People of the White Pines also

Russell Kanning

Pat K

Free libertarian

Quote from: Pat K on July 26, 2016, 11:13 AM NHFT
Malfunction Junction.

Sounds like a lame sitcom for television.    It's perfect.

Russell Kanning

I was thinking Nova America or Nuevo America too