• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Man With Fake Cellphone Exposes Policing For Profit (Video)

Started by Silent_Bob, August 31, 2016, 08:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent_Bob

http://www.dontcomply.com/man-with-fake-cellphone-exposes-policing-for-profit-video/

FRISCO, TEXAS: The Freedom of using a handheld device in your own personal vehicle while in a school zone has been restricted. Next the local rule makers will probably decide that both hands need to be on the wheel in the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock positions, have correct posture, and that your seat-belt is worn correctly and firmly to protect yourself and others. A North Texas activist is now bringing to light the overbearing intrusion of what we do in our automobiles. Brett Sanders is slowly and safely travelling in his truck through some of the local school zones and holding up to his ear a 3/4 inch piece of plywood cut and shaped to look like a cellphone.

https://youtu.be/G5VuYoAJhMw

Brett told a local reporter.  "I just decided to try to come up with a creative way to draw attention to this absurdity. My biggest issue is with the police going out of their way to cite citizens for not harming anybody for essentially committing a victim-less crime."

Since he started doing this he has twice encountered a police cruiser with the ironic red, white, and blue flashing lights get behind him, both times by the same cartoon faced order-follower. Mr Sanders stated, "Once he realized it was a block of wood he let me on my way. So he actually handled it pretty well and was a good sport."

Now the local police have issued a short statement to defend their school zone stake-outs that nab people for these victim-less crimes that bring in quick cash for their departments. A crime by definition has to have an injured party, not that there might be one.

Frisco PD bemoaned to the local news station "We know that parents of students in Frisco appreciate our presence in the school zones and that us being there does make school zones safer."  I asked Brett for his rebuttal and he told me, "The curious thing about this law is that there wasn't an epidemic of children dying or being hurt in school zones to begin with.  This is just another example of government manufacturing a problem so they can implement more revenue generation mechanisms under the guise of safety.  Children are the best propaganda tool of the state."

The argument that cellphones are the sole instrument that might possibly cause a distracted driver is squelched when you can name other things that are done in vehicles while travelling. "Cell phones don't have a monopoly on distracted driving. You could be eating a cheeseburger. You could be sipping on coffee or yelling at your kids," exclaimed Sanders.

The profit for the police if they catch you using a real cell phone in a school zone is instant income deduction of between $200 to $500. A pretty steep theft for not hurting anyone or anything. When while the cops are driving, they have radar guns, laptops, cellphones, CB radios, lunch in their lap, but yet they can steal our money for being so-called "distracted" behind the wheel.

Mr. Sanders is just in the beginning stages of his current skirmish with the local cops, and will continue the use of his prop to further prove how silly and what a waste of time this law is. The government continuously trying to protect us from ourselves and racking in piles of cash in the name of safety needs to stop. He has started manufacturing a few of his wooden cellphone decoys, rightfully named,  "Cellblock 200's" in his garage, and are now for sale and said he has sold 12 so far. They come in black with one saying "No Victim No Crime" and the other saying "Fuck your Law". Civil disobedience was the foundation of our country and is now billowing through the ashes with the hopes of no longer being a lost art, but a weapon against the police state.

Russell Kanning

sometimes truck drivers get in trouble for not having their seatbelts snug enough

Erroneous_Logic

What, like commercial truck drivers, that have to get out of the cab to have a normal conversation with the cop? How would they even know how tight it was?

Russell Kanning

if you get out of the cab to have a conversation with a cop .... you might get shot

Free libertarian

Can you hear me now ?  Huh ?   How 'bout now ?  Damn I knew I should have gotten BIRCH plywood !