• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Maybe the sky isn't falling

Started by Tom Sawyer, September 15, 2016, 10:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Erroneous_Logic

Because they've been winding up for it for the last fifty years, obviously. :)

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on September 26, 2016, 07:34 PM NHFT
Because they've been winding up for it for the last fifty years, obviously. :)

What's been happening since 1966?

"winding up for it"... is that a baseball thing or clock thing?

Who are "they"?

Free libertarian

As an aside, but nearly relevant...Why do people say "meteoric rising" ?  Don't meteors descend and crash to the ground ?   

I'd also like to know if a falling asteroid qualifies as "the sky is falling"  ? I need some help here, can I get a ruling on this?

Tom Sawyer

A falling asteroid does indeed qualifies as "the sky is falling".

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 26, 2016, 09:26 PM NHFT

Dear Judge Sawyer,

The phrase 'The Sky is Falling' refers to an absurdity, in which harm can come from nothingness.

Meteors fall out the sky.... they are not part of the sky.

.....and the phrase 'Meteoric Rise' refers to the likeness of a meteor to a firework.

:raspberry:

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 26, 2016, 09:26 PM NHFT

"Scuse me while I kiss the asteroid"  - Jimi Hendrix takes a fatal lyric wrong turn and remains obscure

Tom Sawyer

Johnson is like the Shell Answer Man. Either that or he is Mr. Google.

I really wish Solar Bob could refrain from revealing Jimi's private life.

dalebert

Ugh. When people make posts like that on Facebook, it's called Vaguebooking. I don't know what it's called here but it's just as annoying.

Okay, I'll bite. What is it about tomorrow specifically that marks the end of this 50 year amp up to insanity?

Erroneous_Logic

Well, today now. It was tomorrow yesterday. hey, anyone notice how Deutsche Bank is down 10%?

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on September 27, 2016, 12:03 PM NHFT
Well, today now. It was tomorrow yesterday. hey, anyone notice how Deutsche Bank is down 10%?

That's not new.

What was supposed to happen today?

Erroneous_Logic

It's new that it's down ten percent in the last two days. But anyway, let's see how all the treasury auctions go today. supposed to be nearly $100 billion :)

Tom Sawyer

So is this connected to the two idiots in the debates?

Erroneous_Logic

Well, it could be. The appearance of Hillary doing well in the presidential race would cause treasury prices to rise while yields fall, because people will believe she would(of course) continue the trend of near zero interest rates. Conversely, if people believe Donny, who has given indications of -not- maintaining that trend, is coming out on top, prices would likely go down while yields rise.

Mostly, I think the bubbles just about ready to hug the cactus of reality.

Tom Sawyer

Clinton wins debate? How about Neither wins debate.   ;D

Things are going our way. By that I mean the two major parties are imploding.

Erroneous_Logic

Exactly. And since the interest rates are entirely a political thing at the moment, dual party implosions will confuse the hell out of them and they won't know which way to jump.