• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Maybe the sky isn't falling

Started by Tom Sawyer, September 15, 2016, 10:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Erroneous_Logic

Quote from: Free libertarian on January 10, 2017, 05:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on January 09, 2017, 03:59 PM NHFT
Uh oh. That sounds like something a RUSSIAN SPY would say!!!

Maybe that "dang" aw shucks country boy wisdom is just a Tom Sawyer ploy then ?   Crafty.

I bet Putin himself trained him!

Free libertarian

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on January 10, 2017, 05:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: Free libertarian on January 10, 2017, 05:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on January 09, 2017, 03:59 PM NHFT
Uh oh. That sounds like something a RUSSIAN SPY would say!!!

Maybe that "dang" aw shucks country boy wisdom is just a Tom Sawyer ploy then ?   Crafty.

I bet Putin himself trained him!

He's even teaching his kid how to use spy drones and stuff! 

Tom Sawyer

Dah Comrade... I mean, That's right ya'll!

Russell Kanning

Erroneous_Logic

but on the plus side, the housing market is about to follow the sky, and that'll be great for lower income home buyers.

Jay

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on January 11, 2017, 10:32 AM NHFT
but on the plus side, the housing market is about to follow the sky, and that'll be great for lower income home buyers.

With what savings are they going to use for a down payment?

Tom Sawyer

Doomed, I tell ya... we are all DOOMED!

Erroneous_Logic

Quote from: Jay on January 11, 2017, 11:14 AM NHFT
Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on January 11, 2017, 10:32 AM NHFT

With what savings are they going to use for a down payment?

The ones that they have, hopefully, been putting away in silver and bitcoin. obviously, not all of them will have been doing this, which is unfortunate. But I see a not too distant future where bitcoin, and perhaps silver or some other high value commodity, will be more ubiquitous than is currently the case.

Mostly, I look to the future to be a time where you can just work, and get paid, and buy things, without all the silliness we deal with now to stop you.

Jay

You realize that's probably 100k-200k people in the entire US, right? And people that can put away Bitcoin and precious metals are already more financially well off than most.

Erroneous_Logic

Silver, yeah. Silver gets expensive, and there are usually minimum buy ins.
Bitcoin? You can buy some bitcoin for a dollar. It's one of the things you can buy on the scale of emptying out your change jar every now and then.

Russell Kanning

why is the housing market going to go down? everywhere? in what areas?

Erroneous_Logic

Generally all over the place. We've reached a point where people aren't going for the funny money any more, and I don't mean hard headed austrian economists, I'm talking about foreign governments and corporations. Big holders are starting to dump US treasuries, and it's starting to show in the bond markets, prices wiggling down and yields going up. That's why the fed gave the 'interest rate' a little nudge upwards. The circumstances we're in are starting to ACTUALLY match up with what all the doomsayers have been saying is coming for the last 20 years. Treasuries are struggling, we have a president and congress that are going to -start- dismantling a lot of the democratic stuff that's been put up in the last 8 years, but probably start arguing about how to replace it with their own version that benefits them, and things are going to start going sideways.

The real estate market wasn't permitted to collapse properly in 2008, they just shoved more money up its ass and puppeted it along, but over the last 8 years, they've lost a LOT of public support for that and it's starting to show in the politicians that are getting elected. And keep in mind, if ol' donny really gets his fingers into it, he's ALL about real estate. He would LOVE to see the market fall on its face to grab some easy buys for his next hotel or whatever. So I highly doubt he's going to commit political suicide to continue the prop-up program when he could just make a massive killing instead.

And bla bla bla I could go on for a long time about this, but basically, every single thing that they negative nancies have said is 'the next step that's about to happen" for the last few decades is suddenly happening, all at once. And that's good, because we need to clean our laundry. The longer you just keep spraying air freshener on it, the worse it gets, and it's been quite some time.

So, definitely a good time to buy in say, 3-6 months.
Oh, and if you don't have one, get some kind of bitcoin debit card. That way you can just put all your money that you aren't using to buy silver into bitcoins.

Russell Kanning

actually that sounds like the same thing I have heard many times before

Erroneous_Logic

Yeah. It DOES sound like the same thing you've heard before. That's because, with one small exception, it's exactly the same thing you've heard before. Except, instead of saying "thing x is happening, so thing y will be next!", it's "Damn it's about time ok finally y is happening, here comes z"

But listen, I'm a crazy hermit who talks to himself all the time. So, you know. Grain of salt and all that.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on January 13, 2017, 10:41 AM NHFT
Yeah. It DOES sound like the same thing you've heard before. That's because, with one small exception, it's exactly the same thing you've heard before. Except, instead of saying "thing x is happening, so thing y will be next!", it's "Damn it's about time ok finally y is happening, here comes z"

But listen, I'm a crazy hermit who talks to himself all the time. So, you know. Grain of salt and all that.

Dang it. I was hoping you had a crystal ball that we all could get rich by you prognosticating for us!