New Hampshire Underground

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Underground Wiki

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maybe the sky isn't falling  (Read 4005 times)

Russell Kanning

• Cardinal Canning
  • Administrator
  • Enemy of the State
  • The Nonviolent Revolution starts here

Tom Sawyer

• Riding out the days events.
  • Insider
  • Enemy of the State
  • Talley Ho!
    • politicalGRAFFITI.com
Re: Maybe the sky isn't falling
« Reply #316 on: April 05, 2017, 07:11 PM NHFT »

FEE's Jeffrey Tucker on Libertarian Outreach, 'The Young Pope' & More.
https://youtu.be/f1_Jt93-seE

In the 1940's libertarianism was a little known concept. But thanks to the Foundation of Economic Education (FEE) regularly featuring works by noted scholars like Ludwig von Mises, Milton Friedman, Henry Hazlitt, and George Stigler, the ideas of human liberty and freedom became more accessible and familiar to a larger audience. Today, we need to learn how popular culture can be used by libertarians to spread their ideas to a mainstream audience.

One thing I've noticed among the newer/younger activists is no knowledge or appreciation of the tough road that the pioneers of the modern libertarian movement encountered. Many, other than Ron Paul's recent campaign, only know of the new batch of celebratarians that seem to try to out edgy and take the most controversial positions, there by narrowing their reach down to the echo chamber of fellow kool-aid drinkers.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:20 PM NHFT by Tom Sawyer »

Tom Sawyer

• Riding out the days events.
  • Insider
  • Enemy of the State
  • Talley Ho!
    • politicalGRAFFITI.com
« Reply #317 on: April 08, 2017, 11:38 AM NHFT »

Rand Paul is becoming the go to counter balance these days. He has also emboldened others in the Senate.

When angry old man John McCain is saying "He Doesn't Have Any Real Influence" well... it means he is obviously having an influence.

A friend that is experienced with dealing with PTSD vets said he recognized the symptoms and behavior in McCain. He goes into the "fight or flight" mode easily. Crazy dang dinosaur.

So anyway the point of this post is that even though the missiles might be flying... The silver lining view is it differentiates the libertarian or constitutionalist position.

Free libertarian

• Just Rubbing Edges With The Grid
  • Revolutionary
« Reply #318 on: April 08, 2017, 12:27 PM NHFT »

Rand Paul is becoming the go to counter balance these days. He has also emboldened others in the Senate.

When angry old man John McCain is saying "He Doesn't Have Any Real Influence" well... it means he is obviously having an influence.

A friend that is experienced with dealing with PTSD vets said he recognized the symptoms and behavior in McCain. He goes into the "fight or flight" mode easily. Crazy dang dinosaur.

So anyway the point of this post is that even though the missiles might be flying... The silver lining view is it differentiates the libertarian or constitutionalist position.

Please don't insult the dang dinosaurs.  - Graffy

Russell Kanning

• Cardinal Canning
  • Administrator
  • Enemy of the State
  • The Nonviolent Revolution starts here
« Reply #319 on: April 08, 2017, 02:46 PM NHFT »

yea I happened upon the Mises institute a few years ago. I said "I knew other people thought like I did". I didn't know about the thread of people going back in history.
Tolstoy showed how the history of non-violence in the face of evil was covered up throughout the years.
I think decent libertarian thinkers will be buried by the media, their books will be banned and burned and each generation will have to uncover this stuff.
Maybe the old timers in our movement can keep connections with the younger ones and pass it along. :)

Mark D. Jacobsen

• Liberty Lover
« Reply #320 on: April 11, 2017, 06:07 PM NHFT »

Maybe the sky is falling... on Syrians.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up