• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Maybe the sky isn't falling

Started by Tom Sawyer, September 15, 2016, 10:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

FEE's Jeffrey Tucker on Libertarian Outreach, 'The Young Pope' & More.
https://youtu.be/f1_Jt93-seE

QuoteIn the 1940's libertarianism was a little known concept. But thanks to the Foundation of Economic Education (FEE) regularly featuring works by noted scholars like Ludwig von Mises, Milton Friedman, Henry Hazlitt, and George Stigler, the ideas of human liberty and freedom became more accessible and familiar to a larger audience. Today, we need to learn how popular culture can be used by libertarians to spread their ideas to a mainstream audience.

One thing I've noticed among the newer/younger activists is no knowledge or appreciation of the tough road that the pioneers of the modern libertarian movement encountered. Many, other than Ron Paul's recent campaign, only know of the new batch of celebratarians that seem to try to out edgy and take the most controversial positions, there by narrowing their reach down to the echo chamber of fellow kool-aid drinkers.

Tom Sawyer

Rand Paul is becoming the go to counter balance these days. He has also emboldened others in the Senate.

When angry old man John McCain is saying "He Doesn't Have Any Real Influence" well... it means he is obviously having an influence.

A friend that is experienced with dealing with PTSD vets said he recognized the symptoms and behavior in McCain. He goes into the "fight or flight" mode easily. Crazy dang dinosaur.

So anyway the point of this post is that even though the missiles might be flying... The silver lining view is it differentiates the libertarian or constitutionalist position.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 08, 2017, 10:38 AM NHFT
Rand Paul is becoming the go to counter balance these days. He has also emboldened others in the Senate.

When angry old man John McCain is saying "He Doesn't Have Any Real Influence" well... it means he is obviously having an influence.

A friend that is experienced with dealing with PTSD vets said he recognized the symptoms and behavior in McCain. He goes into the "fight or flight" mode easily. Crazy dang dinosaur.

So anyway the point of this post is that even though the missiles might be flying... The silver lining view is it differentiates the libertarian or constitutionalist position.

Please don't insult the dang dinosaurs.  - Graffy

Russell Kanning

yea I happened upon the Mises institute a few years ago. I said "I knew other people thought like I did". I didn't know about the thread of people going back in history.
Tolstoy showed how the history of non-violence in the face of evil was covered up throughout the years.
I think decent libertarian thinkers will be buried by the media, their books will be banned and burned and each generation will have to uncover this stuff.
Maybe the old timers in our movement can keep connections with the younger ones and pass it along. :)

Mark D. Jacobsen

Maybe the sky is falling... on Syrians.

Tom Sawyer

Looks like schools are paying an economic price for allowing and even encouraging radical lefty activities...

Colleges struggle over defending or curbing free speech

QuoteBoth the University of Missouri and Evergreen State College have been rocked by left-wing demonstrations, some of which administrators in both schools allowed. Now both have had to deal with falling enrollment and a decline in funds - and there are fears the situation could spread to other schools.

Jay

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 01, 2017, 09:34 PM NHFT
Looks like schools are paying an economic price for allowing and even encouraging radical lefty activities...

Colleges struggle over defending or curbing free speech

QuoteBoth the University of Missouri and Evergreen State College have been rocked by left-wing demonstrations, some of which administrators in both schools allowed. Now both have had to deal with falling enrollment and a decline in funds - and there are fears the situation could spread to other schools.

People don't want to be emotionally and physically abused just for being straight and white. Who the hell would choose to go to such schools if they were fully aware of how much they promoted this "reverse" racism?

Russell Kanning

can't imagine being a white guy at some of these places

Tom Sawyer

If nothing else the current state of affairs in the US is comic gold...

Antifa leader, teacher Yvonne Felarca arrested at 'empathy tent' Berkeley brawl

I say we sell pay per view tickets to the Fascist vs. Commie matches... Cantwell vs. this middle school teacher!

Jay

Sometimes you can just see the crazy in the eyes.

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 28, 2017, 10:04 PM NHFT
If nothing else the current state of affairs in the US is comic gold...

Antifa leader, teacher Yvonne Felarca arrested at 'empathy tent' Berkeley brawl

I say we sell pay per view tickets to the Fascist vs. Commie matches... Cantwell vs. this middle school teacher!

Molyneux has a great voice for the play-by-play.

Russell Kanning

can you imagine visiting a college commons area these days?

Tom Sawyer

How to green the world's deserts and reverse climate change | Allan Savory
https://youtu.be/vpTHi7O66pI

More of an issue of "Climate Change" is desertification caused by lack of grazing animals. The opposite of what we have been told.

Russell Kanning

I once read a study where they analyzed how many cows per acre was optimal ... I think this was Montana .... and the point of it was that we were overgrazing, but they were shocked to find that many more cows worked up the soil, planted seeds and spread out the nutrients. :)