• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I'm reviving the Sons of Liberty ...

Started by Caleb, January 28, 2006, 01:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb

Well, at the Peace vigil today, we were kicking around ideas about opposing the fedgov, and got going on the topic of the Sons of Liberty.  We tossed around ideas about how to re-institute the Sons of Liberty, and adapt it for our times.

So ... the rough draft idea goes like this:

We want to dress up as Indians and in war paint, carrying tea bags (connection with the Tea Party,) and banners that read "Sons of Liberty are BACK!"  and march into Bellows Falls, VT (where the FBI is proposing to put up video camaras), hang an effigy of a video camara, spray paint the effigy black, then use a baseball bat to bash the video camara like a pinata (everyone gets a turn).  Then leave the effigy hanging, along with a large sign against the tree that says "THIS is what will happen to your camaras!".  Then march back out of town to our cars and drive home.

A guy at the peace vigil says he can get a Bellows Falls contingent to join us.  A lot at the peace vigil are in.  Anyone here want to join us?

Also, welcoming ideas for improvement on the idea.  Like I said, its a rough draft idea right now.

Caleb

AlanM

Some thoughts:

It doesn't have to be Bellow's Falls, it can be anywhere. Cameras are going up all over the place. Since there are no Bellow's Falls folks joining in, it will be criticized as outside agitation.

Love the idea, though.  ;)

Love the "Sons of Liberty are BACK!" Back to proclaim our freedom!

Why not in Keene?

FTL_Ian

Caleb

QuoteFriday, January 20, 2006
ORWELL COMES TO SMALL TOWN AMERICA

DAVID A. FAHRENTHOLD WASHINGTON POST, BELLOWS FALLS, VT. -- This snowy village, in the shadow of Fall Mountain and alongside the iced-over Connecticut River, is the kind of place where a little of anything usually suffices. There are just eight full-time police officers on the town's force, two chairs in the barbershop and one screen in the theater. A little of anything -- except surveillance cameras. Bellows Falls has decided it needs 16 of those.

Using federal grant money, police plan to put up the 24-hour cameras at such spots as intersections, a sewage plant and the town square. All told, this hamlet will have just three fewer police surveillance cameras than the District of Columbia, which has 181 times Bellows Falls's population.

Similar cameras are already up in the Virginia communities of Galax and Tazewell, where police can pan right down Main Street, and in tiny Preston, Md., with two police officers and five police cameras. An interest in public, permanent video surveillance -- as well as the federal dollars to pay for it -- seems to be flowing down to the smallest levels of American law enforcement.

This is why Bellows Falls!  Plus, there WILL be Bellows Falls people there; many residents have indicated that they wish to protest the camaras. 

As for camaras in NH ... well, let me know where they are and we will harrass those communities too.

Caleb

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Since you are threatening to smash the cameras, will there be a smashing in the future?

Caleb

Well, I think that would be fully in keeping with Jesus-style non-violence. (John 2:15)  ;)

Who knows what will happen in the future?  For now, we're sending a message.

Caleb

Fluff and Stuff

Don't you know the FBI reads this forum?  Why cover up the camera if the feds know that you are planning on doing it anyway?

Caleb

The FBI can read it if they want.  I've threatened merely to destroy MY property (the camara will be an effigy, a fake prop).  Matter of fact, we'll be sending news releases out prior to the protest.  This thing is not going to be done in a corner.

Caleb

Russell Kanning

Are you hoping that they will take them down?
It seems like we should let them take them down and if they don't then .... smasharoony

aries

I'm in.

I'd rather do it to the real camera  >:D

Russell Kanning

Some freedom lovers in Keene want to help their neighbors in Bellows Falls ..... I like the idea.
Do we know if the cameras are set up yet?

It would be fun to drop the cameras off the bridge between VT and NH. We can cross the bridge from the NH side in our Indian getups. :icon_pirat: :icon_war:

Kat Kanning

When NH potential camera installers see what a fit people had about it in Bellows Falls, they're not going to want to try it so bad.

Dave Ridley

one advantage with bellows falls is that the media is already pre-prepped to cover it since they already have been doing so.   I think this outweighs the "outside agitator" problem since the primary goal is not to influence BF politics but to re-start the Sons.

put together a date, thro it on the calendar if you like and we'll see what happens! 

Dave Ridley

oh another advantage is that REAL indians might get hacked at us and make a national stink about us.  Outside chance. 

i've always wanted to trigger a national stink LOL