• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anyone else enjoying this blizzard-like weather?

Started by Mark D. Jacobsen, November 11, 2016, 11:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark D. Jacobsen

There is a near-blizzard outside, minus all the snow. Gust up to 40 mph. The stuff falling from the sky is those little white pellets. Is that sleet or something? It is not sticking presently.

When we first moved into NH, we stopped at The Last Stop. That is a watering hole in Albany. The bartender was describing the winter weather after I quizzed him on the subject. He said, "NH is a dry cold." lol. They say AZ is a dry heat. Now I know what that means.

Next week is supposed to rain and be warm. The webbing in between my fingers has been receding of late. I have always lived within a few miles from the salt water until now.

Sometimes I have to remind myself I am living in NH and not the Twilight Zone.

Thanks for reading.

Free libertarian

Jim Johnson

We got a couple flakes of snow, in Winchester, with a mild wind.

Tom Sawyer

I spent all day out splitting firewood in the wind. Good times.  ;D

Actually not all that bad. It will go back and forth between wintery and Indian summer weather.
As the northern and southern air masses fight it out.

Russell Kanning

also that guy has no idea what a "dry cold" is

try 2% humidity in Wyoming

KBCraig

I tell people all the time, "But it's a dry cold!" Compare it to a typical Texas "winter" day where it's 35 and freezing rain -- now that is miserable cold!

When it gets below -10 there's no moisture.

Russell Kanning

you have never gotten 35 and freezing rain in NH? I have many times.

Erroneous_Logic

Free libertarian

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on November 14, 2016, 10:33 AM NHFT
That sounds lovely.

It gets better.  If it's a cold rain at 35* early in the afternoon, you can test your driving skills on the black ice later at dusk if the temp drops a few degrees.   

Erroneous_Logic

That would be good. I need to get some ice practice in. Growing up in AZ, for some reason, I didn't get a lot of experience with that.

Tom Sawyer

It was an awesome day in the Shire. About 60 clear and sunny. Great outside work day.

Jim Johnson

It was a good day.
I laid over a 100-foot pine that was leaning toward the power lines and my neighbor's house across the road.  :glasses1:
It was a righteous kill.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 14, 2016, 09:28 PM NHFT
It was a good day.
I laid over a 100-foot pine that was leaning toward the power lines and my neighbor's house across the road.  :glasses1:
It was a righteous kill.

He's a lumberjack and he's OK!

Russell Kanning

so much fun to get it to land just where you wanted it to :)
my best times with John Connell

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 17, 2016, 07:00 PM NHFT
so much fun to get it to land just where you wanted it to :)
my best times with John Connell

It's like redneck golf.   ;D

Of course I had one go the exact opposite direction and it landed dead on top of a fence post and drove it deep into the ground.  :blush: ;D