• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

National Dadgum That’s Good Day (March 1st.)

Started by Jim Johnson, February 28, 2017, 08:40 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

Russell Kanning

I wonder when all this national day of something started?

Jim Johnson

There were some guys, about 5000bc, who would get together and get drunk for no reason.... almost every day.
Then one day a pretty girl walked by and said, "You guys get drunk every day.... why?"
They didn't have an answer, so later that night Celebration Days were conceived.
National Days didn't come into existence until some asshole thought that a nation would be a good idea..... which coincidentally coincides with the first use of "Hold my beer."

Tom Sawyer

Let me be the first to say...
Dadgum That's Good!

Russell Kanning

Becky Thatcher

We watched Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom at movie night last night...and I have to say, "Dadgum, that's a good movie!" and also "Dadgum, we had a good time."

Russell Kanning

I don't think I have seen that all the way through .... couldn't take the chick

Free libertarian

Gonna have me some dadgum turkey today, and take a nap later.  It's my right dammit. 

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on November 23, 2017, 08:54 AM NHFT
Gonna have me some dadgum turkey today, and take a nap later.  It's my right dammit.

We sure miss Lloyd and his stories of the first Thanksgiving. Especially cuz he wore his funny hat.

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 23, 2017, 12:15 PM NHFT
We sure miss Lloyd and his stories of the first Thanksgiving. Especially cuz he wore his funny hat.

And Lloyd wore his funny hat at the first Thanksgiving. ;)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on November 23, 2017, 09:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 23, 2017, 12:15 PM NHFT

And Lloyd wore his funny hat at the first Thanksgiving. ;)

He would regale us with his memories of that trip across the ocean in that leaky ship!

Free libertarian

He often used his pilgrim hat to bail out the ship and placed his jacket across puddles so ladies wouldn't get their feet wet. 

Russell Kanning