• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Chief Costa

Started by KBCraig, March 16, 2017, 05:00 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

It's odd, but I haven't seen any mentions anywhere by the Keene crowd about the "untimely" death of Keene chief of police Brian Costa, which is generally accepted to be suicide.

I don't know if the silence is good, bad, indifferent, or what. But in any case, I'm glad no one is dancing on his grave.

WithoutAPaddle

Last year, I tried to obtain a death certificate of an old friend of mine who had died a few years earlier, but was told by a city clerk only that family and authorized, court appointed agents, like estate administrators, could get them.  I know that funeral homes can also.  I then developed a relationship with the funeral home that had disposed of his corpse, but all they would tell me was the date of death, and refused to divulge the cause of death.

KBCraig

Crazy timing: I'd had this on my mind, and sent a message to someone in Keene, and then posted here.

As soon as I read my Facebug notifications, I saw that Ian had posted a very nice piece.

http://freekeene.com/2017/03/16/keene-police-chiefs-shocking-death-a-major-loss-to-community/

KBCraig

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on March 16, 2017, 05:12 PM NHFT
Last year, I tried to obtain a death certificate of an old friend of mine who had died a few years earlier, but was told by a city clerk only that family and authorized, court appointed agents, like estate administrators, could get them.  I know that funeral homes can also.  I then developed a relationship with the funeral home that had disposed of his corpse, but all they would tell me was the date of death, and refused to divulge the cause of death.

I went through hell trying to get an Arkansas death certificate for my ex-wife so that we could settle some property matters that still had her name attached (I was awarded the property in the divorce, but she never executed the quitclaim as ordered).

After I bent the ear of one kindly supervisor (my sob story was very true, but too long to go into here, and the details are personal), she disappeared into the back, and came back with all 10 official copies I'd requested (because I knew I wouldn't get a chance for any more copies).

I paid, and rushed out the door before they could catch me.

Russell Kanning

FTL_Ian

Thanks for the kind words, KBcraig. 

Is there any actual reason besides the lack of any official information regarding his death and rumors around town to believe it was suicide?

KBCraig

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 02, 2017, 10:40 PM NHFT
Is there any actual reason besides the lack of any official information regarding his death and rumors around town to believe it was suicide?

The lack of official information in the untimely death of an active chief of police, is pretty solid evidence of suicide. That's just how government and local press work together.