• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Break the cycle

Started by KBCraig, April 04, 2017, 09:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Tom Sawyer

Wow, that was really good... thanks for sharing it.

Interesting the comments. I see it as a good example of the potential benefits of unschooling. At the very least it shows how the world can be a more colorful place with people not being processed in a learning factory to all be the same.

KBCraig

Thanks. I found it incredibly profound.

jerryswife

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 05, 2017, 12:23 AM NHFT
Interesting the comments.

Loved the film, it made me cry, but the comments are incredibly discouraging.  Way too many people are so brain-washed that can't conceive of any other way.  I know a lot of people think like that, but the sheer percentage of the comments that reflected a close-minded, that couldn't possible work mentality is scary.

Becky Thatcher

Thanks for posting that, KB.  It was very moving.  The part where the boy put his arms up to accept the heavy backpack just about broke my heart.

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode when Bart had his first day at school.  He was very bright and really looking forward to going to school, but it didn't take long for them to completely rob him of any interest in learning.  Kind of summed up public school perfectly.

I also noted in the comments it didn't take long for someone to complain that it was all male characters and there weren't any females. ::)