• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Winchester bumped my property taxes 35%

Started by Jim Johnson, December 01, 2017, 02:00 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

I realize that the male breastfeeding image is upsetting.
I could make it more palatable by using the image of a skinny mother breastfeeding a set of fat town council members.

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on December 03, 2017, 09:15 AM NHFT
I realize that the male breastfeeding image is upsetting.
I could make it more palatable by using the image of a skinny mother breastfeeding a set of fat town council members.

While her children starve.

Jay

Jay

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 01, 2017, 03:17 PM NHFT
they once said that Kat's trailer house had appreciated in value by 20 percent in Keene

Now that's funny. Even when you own the land, they decrease in value...nevermind lot rent on top of that. lol...

Tom Sawyer

I think the solution to stop over valuing homes is to make it be an offer to buy at that price.

You could just say, "Ok, sold!"  ;D

Free libertarian

Property tax is an example of the standardization of government oxymoronic speak. 

It sets the tone for the birthing of terms like "dept. of defense" , "public education" , "justice system" etc.   

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on December 06, 2017, 08:53 PM NHFT
I think the solution to stop over valuing homes is to make it be an offer to buy at that price.

You could just say, "Ok, sold!"  ;D

I've been saying that for years: every property tax appraisal should be a binding offer to purchase at the appraised price, to close within 60 days at the property owner's option.

Appraisal companies might find their priorities changed, just a bit.

Free libertarian

D. None of the above   

Even if they agree to buy you out, the question of what happens if you don't want to sell and don't want to be extorted in order to remain someplace isn't answered by kinder or more creative extortion methods.     

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on December 08, 2017, 07:11 AM NHFT
D. None of the above   

Even if they agree to buy you out, the question of what happens if you don't want to sell and don't want to be extorted in order to remain someplace isn't answered by kinder or more creative extortion methods.   

Well, if your going to use rational logic...

K neth

You're lucky they didn't condemn the property and seize it, then after a lengthy court battle, give you a couple hundred bucks: so privileged and yet so whiny. :O)

Jim Johnson

Jay

In a just world they would give you a significant abatement if you told them you have zero heroin addicts.

Tom Sawyer

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Jay on December 06, 2017, 06:45 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 01, 2017, 03:17 PM NHFT
they once said that Kat's trailer house had appreciated in value by 20 percent in Keene

Now that's funny. Even when you own the land, they decrease in value...nevermind lot rent on top of that. lol...
and she didn't own the land